“Wonderful food as always”

and 1 more site!
The Lord Bagenal Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leighlinbridge
Galway, Ireland
“Wonderful food as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had dinner here with family and friends, we had no reservations but James got us a table for 7 straight away, as usual the food was top class and the service. It was the busy Sunday night of the august bank holiday weekend and atmosphere was great with lots of families and friends dining. It is always a pleasure to visit and each time we are in the area we eat here. Olive as usual was very friendly and helpful. I also had lunch the next day there with a friend and the food in the bar was delicious and staff again very nice and helpful. Well done to James and all the staff some have been there a long time and you can tell they take pride in their restaurant and bar. Have not stayed in the hotel but it is on my "to do" list.

Room Tip: Did not stay just dined here
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Bawnogue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Wexford, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I booked two double rooms here for one nights stay bed and breakfast with evening dinner. From the moment of booking to the check out everything could not be any better. We had a lovely time staying at this hotel, the rooms were lovely, the dinner was really good served by a lady who was a great character. Breakfast next morning had a great choice and was really nice. The owner of the hotel added a great touch when he came around to each table. The staff were very friendly except for the bar staff, in my opinion could do a little bit better. Overall very enjoyable stay and would highly recommend. Leighlinbridge is a lovely village to stroll around and the garden centre is a must to visit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank wexford007
Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Spending time at this hotel was a joy. Our first point of contact was Kate. She was friendly, helpful and efficient and that was the tone of our entire stay. The setting is lovely and the out door area was beautiful. Our friend's wedding was simply splendid. Breakfast was a spread to behold. The lady in charge was chatty and cheerful. I look forward to our next stay there.

Room Tip: It is an easy hotel to find. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Well worth a visit.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Maire N
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We attended a party here recently and decided to treat ourselves to an overnight stay aswell and I'm very glad we did. This is a great hotel, lovely decor, comfy beds & any staff I met were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very nice the next morning, served in the lovely Waterfront restaurant, which is where the party was held the night before. We had been here with the kids for bar food a few times before and it was always very good, so handy to have the kids play area beside the bar. After staying here I would say its a perfect spot for a relaxing break away

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sawyersgirl
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Decided to pop in for dinner in the bar today with the family. Place was busy with guests attending a wedding. We ordered our meals and waited and waited until I asked how long it would be after appox 40 minutes. Eventually it arrived. In total we waited about 50 minutes for chips and fish and nuggets for kids. Not good. Also the price for steak etc on their bar food menu is way off the mark. Overall not a great experience.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Risteard69
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Firstly I wish to state that we did not stay at the Lord Bagenal but attended a wedding and subsequently booked dinner for the following weekend with visitors from Romania as we were so impressed with the hotel. It is absolutely fabulous in every way. The function room where the wedding was held was amazing with is outlook onto the river and the decking area. The food was the best I have had a wedding in a very long while.My partner requested a vegetarian option and was given three or four options for the first time ever! The service was second to none and so efficient. It was on these grounds that we decided to bring our visitors here as we saw the dining room just to the side of the function room and said what a great impression of Ireland this would be. We arrived on the Sunday evening having booked during the week assuming it would be The Waterfront Restaurant. We were so disappointed when we were taken down to the other restaurant as it was a beautiful sunny evening and the view from the Waterfront Restaurant would have been so nice. As always with The Lord Bagenal the food was very good and service with a smile from the staff. It is a mystery to me as to why the Waterfront Restaurant would not be used as the main restaurant to make the most of the views and beautiful decking area especially at weekends. I understand now from the website that it is used for private functions but surely it would make a greater impression as the main restaurant in the hotel and make good marketing sense?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Enniscorthy123
carlow
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Very dissappointed, we had our dinner here on Monday 3rd June, I think they must have watched the program on RTE 1 on Sunday night called "Waster Watchers" which showed how restaurants could cut back on potions sizes etc! I asked for a vegetarian salad, very poor, even the waitress apologiaed for the size of it, all that appeared on the plate was lettuce,tomato, onion and cucumber, and a tea spoon of coleslaw, I did say I would have a bit of everything, but when I went and checked the salad bar myself the only thing etc was some Olives and what I thought was egg mayonnaise (which wasn't), really really poor, my husband also had to ask for more chips as only about 6 arrived out on his plate!!! It wasn't too busy so don't no what the problem is? Service was quick compared too the last time we were there! Used to love going here, but def no anymore!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sandrafin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leighlinbridge
Woodford Dolmen Hotel
Seven Oaks Hotel
#3 of 5 in Carlow
Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa

Been to The Lord Bagenal Inn? Share your experiences!