“Excellent Lunch”
Review of The Abbey Tavern

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quin
The Abbey Tavern
Ranked #1 of 3 Quin B&B and Inns
ennis
“Excellent Lunch”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had a large family group here for lunch, service and food were excellent and young children well catered for, including colouring pages on the reverse of kids menu which kept them busy.
We had a short wait for a table despite having a reservation, but the place was very busy. Fishcake starter was only ok but main courses were excellent, especially the lamb, beautifully hot and fresh, abundant veg all perfectly cooked. Prices were probably on the upper side of what is available in other places but would not quibble.
The restaurant is comfortable, very clean and has a lovely atmosphere. We will visit here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
appleton
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We spent a night at the Abbey Tavern and my only regret is that we didn't stay there longer! After arriving in Quin we drove around looking for a place to stay. We happened to come across the Abbey Tavern. My fiance and I were traveling with my parents and we were hoping to get 2 rooms. As we walked in I noticed a lady outside with a suitcase. Inside I saw a guy getting a key from someone. I was afraid that there wouldn't be any rooms left. We asked if they had any rooms available and they had a double and a double with a single. They ended up giving us the two rooms and didn't charge us any extra for the extra single in the second room. The rooms were excellent. Very clean and decorated with style. The bathroom was nice and big. We ate downstairs in the pub restaurant. The food was amazing! They had plenty of specials and the prices were very good. The waitstaff was surpurb! I wish I could remember their names. My Dad and I walked around town that night. Checking out the abbey at night was fun. Only a minutes walk from the front door of the Abbey Tavern! We ended our night with a few drinks at the bar. Guinness please! Slept very well in the beds. The breakfast was ok. Not as good as I was hoping based off supper the night before! They do have WiFi but we couldn't get it from our room. We were pretty far down the hall. Would recommend this place to anybody!

Mohnton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stopped for lunch after visiting the Abbey which is directly across the road. Only the barman was on duty, but he made us welcome and served us. My three companions enjoyed their soup while I dove into the Apple Crumble with Vanilla Custard Sauce. It was served hot and was excellent.

I highly recommend visiting and enjoying their food.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Had an early dinner today with my husband and our nearly 1 year old daughter...at 230, it was still quite full, which is always a good sign :)

The girls were all fabulous, as was the food! We had 2 starters (the mushroom and herb soup comes highly recommended!), 2 mains, drinks and a baby bowl (free of charge btw) for under €30!

Love the little things, especially the kiddie cutlery wrapped in a napkin just like mums and dads!

Stayed October 2013
Clitheroe, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We visited the Abbey Tavern on our last day in Ireland after a week of so-so food. We had a fantastic meal here and the pub is in a picture perfect location. Staff were all really friendly and attentive, food was delicious and we thought it was really reasonably priced. Definitely worth a visit.

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We were only there for a night, but we were served some delicious food. The barman was a gent as were the waiting staff, would highly recommend this place if you're looking for some great hospitality and lovely food.

Billings, Montana
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We enjoyed our meal here. The waitress told us that they were out of a few items (it was clear we had just missed the height of the supper rush), and was were good about us allowing substitutions. Although there were a good number of people still there, it did not seem noisy, and the servers were very attentive. Our food was good (I had a yummy pasta dish) and the prices were reasonable. A good place to eat, especially if you are visiting the Abbey (Friary) across the street.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quin
The Old Ground
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre

Been to The Abbey Tavern? Share your experiences!