“One of the best B&Bs in Ireland”
Review of Ardsollus Farm

Ardsollus Farm
Ranked #2 of 3 Quin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The beds are so comfortable you won't want to get up! clean well kept! Our host Loreto is a gem, so helpful and accommodating.I visit Ireland every year and I will be returning to this B&B again!

Room Tip: All rooms are located away from traffic, very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Ardsollus Farm

Reviewed 12 July 2011

We stayed at Ardsollus Farms the first 3 nights of our trip and the final night. The beds were SO comfortable. Food was excellent...try the yogurt. It is Yoplait but tastes better as it is made in Ireland. Yum. Loreto's scones were wonderful as well. As many have said her breakfast's filled us up so no lunch was necessary. While we were there a mare had a little girl that was absolutely beautiful! So fun to watch as she learned to stand on her own and walk around with her mama. My only negative would be the steep stairs going up to our rooms. I considered it good excercise though. Thanks Loreto!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2011

My husband and I stayed at Ardsollus last week and we really wanted to stay for longer. Loreto is such a lovely lady. We arrived and she offered us some tea, which unfortunately we couldn't have as we had to go out immediately. Our room was a nice size, the bed was a bit small but actually it was very comfortable. The view was lovely looking out over the countryside. The pillows were the best!!!

Breakfast the following morning was the best part. A lovely Irish breakfast, great coffee and great service. Overall a lovely stay and we will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Beautiful home. Great hospitality. Close to the airport. Great breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We loved it - attention to detail, wonderful hospitality, comfort and friendliness. We were met with tea and fresh-baked scones. Nothing was too much trouble,.. the breakfast was magnificent.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Firstly, overall the place is lovely. It is set in beautiful countryside, and is within throwing distance of dromoland castle.

We arrived, we warmly welcomed etc and shown to our room. Which was fine, except we were given a queen sized bed. Now I'm tall, and average build, and it was a tight squeeze.

That was tolerable, but what I can't forgive is the quality of the breakfast. Absolutely terrible, on both our plates; scrambled eggs dense like a scrubbing sponge, and fried eggs done to leathery perfection. Everything else on the plate was similarly charred. Its a real pity, and I hope the owner reads this, and gets her act together, because everything else was relatively good.

Being asked to recommend it to a friend. I'd have to say no. Bed & Breakfast. Well I've complained about both so how could I recommend it, even though I'd like to.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deargas
Reviewed 22 October 2009

My husband and I have been going to Ireland every year for the past 14 years! We initially chose Ardsollus Farm because of the convenience to Shannon Airport. It is a 300 year old dairy farm with amazing charm. It has grown to accomodate more guests, but has never lost the friendly homelike atmosphere. The owners really offer the best. They are wonderful people wanting to anything possible to make your stay comfortable. The rooms are furnished as if they were in a beautiful home, with all the comforts!The breakfasts are the best we've had in Ireland. We will go back again and again!
Margaret & Dick Dickens
Alvarado, Texas

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quin
The Inn at Dromoland
#4 of 33 in Ennis
Ardilaun Guesthouse
Ardilaun Guesthouse
#10 of 33 in Ennis

Been to Ardsollus Farm? Share your experiences!