“Excellent B&B”
Review of Ardsollus Farm

Ardsollus Farm
Ranked #2 of 3 Quin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 April 2012

It was a pleasure to stay at Ardsollas Farm. The rooms are lovely and spotlessly clean. We went to a wedding nearby and when we got back to our room we were delighted to find the electric blanket on and a lovely large jug of ice-cold water had been provided! Loretto's breakfast was absolutely great (with delicious freshly baked scones) and she was extremely helpful in every way.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Great service in beautiful surroundings, with an incredibly friendly and helpful hostess too. A find!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My mother, sister, niece and I stayed several days at Ardsollus Farm this March. Wow, they exceeded all our expectations. The family was very helpful when we had some travel difficulties. The rooms were beautiful, clean, spacious, and comfortable. The town of Quin offered great food and an amazing Abby to explore.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I rang the Ardsollus B&B and made a booking via telephone 5 weeks ago for the 20th August. Despite having confirmed the booking and there being ample availability at the time, the B&B left a message on my mobile phone on the 16th August stating that they were double booked and that I could not stay at the B&B. It appeared that the B&B gave priority to another booking which was made via the internet sometime after my original booking. Considering I was travelling there with friends for a wedding, I asked the B&B to move the other booking but they would not reverse their unreasonable decision. Frankly, I found the lady at the B&B very unaccommodating and quite unfriendly...

Therefore, I would NOT recommend this place to anyone as they messed up my travel plans!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The beds are so comfortable you won't want to get up! clean well kept! Our host Loreto is a gem, so helpful and accommodating.I visit Ireland every year and I will be returning to this B&B again!

Room Tip: All rooms are located away from traffic, very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We stayed at Ardsollus Farms the first 3 nights of our trip and the final night. The beds were SO comfortable. Food was excellent...try the yogurt. It is Yoplait but tastes better as it is made in Ireland. Yum. Loreto's scones were wonderful as well. As many have said her breakfast's filled us up so no lunch was necessary. While we were there a mare had a little girl that was absolutely beautiful! So fun to watch as she learned to stand on her own and walk around with her mama. My only negative would be the steep stairs going up to our rooms. I considered it good excercise though. Thanks Loreto!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2011

My husband and I stayed at Ardsollus last week and we really wanted to stay for longer. Loreto is such a lovely lady. We arrived and she offered us some tea, which unfortunately we couldn't have as we had to go out immediately. Our room was a nice size, the bed was a bit small but actually it was very comfortable. The view was lovely looking out over the countryside. The pillows were the best!!!

Breakfast the following morning was the best part. A lovely Irish breakfast, great coffee and great service. Overall a lovely stay and we will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Been to Ardsollus Farm? Share your experiences!