“Fabulous hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ballybofey
County Antrim, United Kingdom
“Fabulous hotel”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Im just back from a heavenly stay in the Villa Rose. From the moment you enter the reception till you leave again you are made to feel relaxed and welcome! All members of staff greet you with a smile and absolutely nothing is too much bother. The rooms are fantastic well decorated cosy and above all exceptionally clean.Infact all areas of this hotel are always clean and tidy no matter what time of day or how busy hotel is. Im already planning my next stay!!

Im already planning my next stay there simply isnt another hotel in the area a

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank cmccol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Villa Rose for a few days on a deal for over-50s. This is the first time we had done such and it was clearly very popular with those in their 60s/70s, with free dances etc being very popular. However for us it was more of a good base to stay whilst exploring surrounding areas. Handy for Letterkenny and especially Derry for shopping and visiting the sights etc. I couldn't recommend a tour of Derry's Walls highly enough - it was fantastic, and only £4 a head including a free cup of tea!. Back to the hotel however, it was clean and bright but its forte undoubtedly is its staff. They were brilliant in every area - reception, restaurants, accommodation and the bars. Other hotels could learn from here on how to provide an excellent customer experience - that's why I give it the full 5*s.

Ballycastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had a fantastic 3 night break in The Villa Rose last week. The room (second allocation) was an upgrade and completely beyond our expectations. The staff were extremely pleasant and courteous throughout our stay. The food was of a very high standard with large portions and lots of courses at every meal. You're in for a real treat if you decide to stay at the V R.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Just after Easter my wife and I decided to treat ourselves to a midweek break in The Villa Rose Hotel in Ballybofey as we are regular visitors to Donegal. We booked an over night stay which included use of the spa and a "spa treatment". Our check in was a pleasant experience and although we were early our room was ready. The room was beautiful and very clean and spacious and decorated to a high standard. The spa was very relaxing and the treatments were first class and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Duly refreshed we went to Fara's restaurant in the hotel and although they were very busy and we had no reservation they catered for us. The food was delicious and my wife's dietary requirements were catered for without fuss and the cost was very reasonable. Later as we relaxed in the bar the entertainment was really good. After a good night's sleep we had a delicious buffet breakfast with all tastes catered for. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone looking for a short or long break. They have a good selection of great breaks at really good prices. We will definitely be back so keep up the good work.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
SCOTLAND
Reviewed 25 April 2014

It's not often I leave a review as I stay in so many hotels that it would take a while. However, we were so delighted with the stay we had at the Villa Rose that i simply had to comment.
From the moment we arrived until the moment we checked out, we were welcomed by a great team of staff who simply couldn't do enough for us.
The room we stayed in was absolutely immaculate, very comfortable bed and great night sleep! We had dinner in the hotel the night we arrived, again the service from staff was friendly and attentive without being overbearing - so well done, you guys have got that just right!
The food was really great and definitely fantastic quality, everything was cooked fresh and tasted wonderful!
Breakfast the next morning was fantastic! Now, this is a bit of a statement coming up but the breakfast we had was definitely the BEST hotel breakfast we have ever had! We helped ourselves to cereals, fresh fruit salad, pastries, juices and the waiter brought us over tea/coffee - and that was just for starters! We then helped ourselves to the hot breakfast buffet, sausage, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, beans, black/white pudding.....it was delicious!!! Finished off with a round of toast! Really wonderful breakfast!
I was then booked in for a maternity spa package - honestly, what an experience! I actually felt relaxed, rejuvenated and pretty much like a new woman by the time I left the spa. The girl who take care of me in the spa (sorry I never caught her name!) was so pleasant and professional and really made me feel like a million dollars. While I was being pampered my husband made use of the Thermal Spa and really enjoyed it too.
Unfortunately our stay just wasn't long enough - We were only there for 1 night, but it was absolutely fantastic and I would highly recommend the hotel as it truly is a well run, spotlessly clean hotel with staff the owners should be proud off. Our next visit can't come quick enough!

1 Thank versace1888_7
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed here last week with family 3 rooms all first class. Restaurant meals and breakfasts were excellent. The girls used the Spa and said the experience was great. The bar prices are fair. Most of all staff are very friendly and helpful

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Roscommon, Ireland
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my mother as part of an active retirement group (1428 club, Mullingar). When we arrived we were given tea/coffee and scones. Reception staff really helpful when I needed the bathroom door handle repaired. It was repaired immediately. Bedrooms were really comfortable and the complimentary water was an added bonus. The dining staff were really friendly and saw that our every need was catered for. The meals were really mouth watering. There was a lovely walk in the nearby woods (which was needed after those meals!!!). There was lovely music at night in the lounge.I would definitely recommend this hotel as it is family run and there is an added friendliness in that. I will be back to this hotel again with some friends and we will tour the lovely countryside of Donegal.

Room Tip: I had a room on the second floor overlooking the football training grounds and it was really quiet s...