“Lovely Relaxing Break ”
Review of Villa Rose Hotel

Villa Rose Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ballybofey
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My Wife and I stayed at the Villa Rose in April it was our 3rd visit to the Hotel that excellent staff are very friendly and attentive are room was spotless and of a high standard also the food In The Restaurant is high quality the lounge has live music at Weekends plus the wee bar has got a great atmosphere we both would highly recommend the Villa Rose for a nice relaxing break.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William A

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great greeting at reception. the reception area is bright and airy with a very good bar. The hotel is in a small town and has 2 connected parts. There is reasonable free parking. We booked at a few hours notice and got one of the last rooms. The room was very clean and well equipped with a nice shower/bath, tea/coffee facilities. However the room was much smaller than expected. This may be due to it being in the older part of the hotel. Also there were other bedroom doors close by and during the night there seemed to be a number of late-night revellers who insisted in banging their doors. Perhaps there are more modern rooms in the newer section.
We did not have dinner in the hotel but the breakfast was served in the restaurant and provided a reasonable choice in a pleasant environment.
The hotel has a spa on the ground floor, the use of which is not complimentary but can be used for a reduced fee. There is no swimming pool but the jacuzzi and steam/shower facilities were very good and the staff were excellent and there were some excellent weekend offers. I have given the 4 rating on the basis that there might be bigger rooms - otherwise a 3.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Im just back from a heavenly stay in the Villa Rose. From the moment you enter the reception till you leave again you are made to feel relaxed and welcome! All members of staff greet you with a smile and absolutely nothing is too much bother. The rooms are fantastic well decorated cosy and above all exceptionally clean.Infact all areas of this hotel are always clean and tidy no matter what time of day or how busy hotel is. Im already planning my next stay!!

Im already planning my next stay there simply isnt another hotel in the area a

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank cmccol
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Villa Rose for a few days on a deal for over-50s. This is the first time we had done such and it was clearly very popular with those in their 60s/70s, with free dances etc being very popular. However for us it was more of a good base to stay whilst exploring surrounding areas. Handy for Letterkenny and especially Derry for shopping and visiting the sights etc. I couldn't recommend a tour of Derry's Walls highly enough - it was fantastic, and only £4 a head including a free cup of tea!. Back to the hotel however, it was clean and bright but its forte undoubtedly is its staff. They were brilliant in every area - reception, restaurants, accommodation and the bars. Other hotels could learn from here on how to provide an excellent customer experience - that's why I give it the full 5*s.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had a fantastic 3 night break in The Villa Rose last week. The room (second allocation) was an upgrade and completely beyond our expectations. The staff were extremely pleasant and courteous throughout our stay. The food was of a very high standard with large portions and lots of courses at every meal. You're in for a real treat if you decide to stay at the V R.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Just after Easter my wife and I decided to treat ourselves to a midweek break in The Villa Rose Hotel in Ballybofey as we are regular visitors to Donegal. We booked an over night stay which included use of the spa and a "spa treatment". Our check in was a pleasant experience and although we were early our room was ready. The room was beautiful and very clean and spacious and decorated to a high standard. The spa was very relaxing and the treatments were first class and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Duly refreshed we went to Fara's restaurant in the hotel and although they were very busy and we had no reservation they catered for us. The food was delicious and my wife's dietary requirements were catered for without fuss and the cost was very reasonable. Later as we relaxed in the bar the entertainment was really good. After a good night's sleep we had a delicious buffet breakfast with all tastes catered for. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone looking for a short or long break. They have a good selection of great breaks at really good prices. We will definitely be back so keep up the good work.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2014

It's not often I leave a review as I stay in so many hotels that it would take a while. However, we were so delighted with the stay we had at the Villa Rose that i simply had to comment.
From the moment we arrived until the moment we checked out, we were welcomed by a great team of staff who simply couldn't do enough for us.
The room we stayed in was absolutely immaculate, very comfortable bed and great night sleep! We had dinner in the hotel the night we arrived, again the service from staff was friendly and attentive without being overbearing - so well done, you guys have got that just right!
The food was really great and definitely fantastic quality, everything was cooked fresh and tasted wonderful!
Breakfast the next morning was fantastic! Now, this is a bit of a statement coming up but the breakfast we had was definitely the BEST hotel breakfast we have ever had! We helped ourselves to cereals, fresh fruit salad, pastries, juices and the waiter brought us over tea/coffee - and that was just for starters! We then helped ourselves to the hot breakfast buffet, sausage, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, beans, black/white pudding.....it was delicious!!! Finished off with a round of toast! Really wonderful breakfast!
I was then booked in for a maternity spa package - honestly, what an experience! I actually felt relaxed, rejuvenated and pretty much like a new woman by the time I left the spa. The girl who take care of me in the spa (sorry I never caught her name!) was so pleasant and professional and really made me feel like a million dollars. While I was being pampered my husband made use of the Thermal Spa and really enjoyed it too.
Unfortunately our stay just wasn't long enough - We were only there for 1 night, but it was absolutely fantastic and I would highly recommend the hotel as it truly is a well run, spotlessly clean hotel with staff the owners should be proud off. Our next visit can't come quick enough!

1  Thank versace1888_7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballybofey
Jackson's Hotel
Harvey's Point
#1 of 7 in Donegal Town
Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa
Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny

Been to Villa Rose Hotel? Share your experiences!