My partner and I travelled to ballybofey for a family wedding on 2nd September 2011. from the moment we arrived to the day we left I have notthing but plesant and happy memories. The wedding reception was amazing, the service and the food was fantastic and the staff, although very busy were friendly, courteous and always polite and accomodating.
The room we stayed in on the first night was in the old part of the hotel, although it wasn't what we expected for what we paid,(it could do with a little modernising) there was no problem in getting moved into the newer part wth the modern rooms and also closer to the rest of my family and wedding party. (If you are booking online, indicate that you'd like to stay in the new part of the hotel). The receptionists we always very polite and were a pleasure to deal with. The waiting staff were always well dressed, polite and friendly and the bar staff were also very polite and helpful.
While at Jackson's we had some trouble with our car and the receptionist, I wish I remembered her name, got us in touch with a mechanic who repaired our car within a few hours and he didn't charge a fortune either.
Overall my stay was memorable, the food was lovely although I thought some items were a little on the pricey side, but at the end of the day you do pay for quality. In saying that, the breakfasts, included in the room price were lovely, with a choice of cooked breakfasts, cereals, toaasts, breads or combination of all if you wished. The serving staff in the mornings were also very friendly and helpful.
If anyone is travelling to Donegal for a few days or longer I would definitely recommend jackson's as a base, it is very central and is close to several attractions. Average room prive is arounfd55euro per person per night and that includes breakfast, average price of a pint of is about 4euro and the meal would be around 30euro per person including a starter and drink.
As we had such a great time and because the staff made our stay a plesant and memorable one we will definitely return. Well done and thanks to all at Jacksons for providing such a great service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bustling town of Ballybofey, Jacksons Hotel is an award-winning Hotel on the banks of the River Finn and Drumboe Woods. Renowned for its hospitality and great food, Jacksons is the ideal base for touring Donegal and the North West of Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jackson's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacksons Hotel Ballybofey
- Jackson's Hotel Ballybofey, County Donegal