“lovely reception area.”
Review of Jackson's Hotel

Jackson's Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ballybofey
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed in Jacksons Hotel in July for three nights and enjoyed our stay.
The pool area was a little dated and changing rooms small.
Breakfast was selfservice, and I just cant stand waiting around making toast why cant it be make in the kitchen, you could spent all your morning waiting for slow moving toaster. Apart from that everything was fine. There is a lovely walk at the back of the hotel through the woods
a great way to walk off your dinner.

1  Thank gabrielleCo_louth
There are newer reviews for Jackson's Hotel

Reviewed 24 July 2012

I stayed in Jacksons in Ballybofey a couple of months ago and it was such a wonderful stay. The first thing I noticed when I walked into the lobby was the warm and welcoming atmosphere. The staff here really cannot do enough for you. I loved the fact the owner Margaret made a point of chatting to everyone and welcoming them to the hotel - this is something that other hotels could really improve on! The hotel was extremely busy and there was a fantastic buzz about the place. We ate in the bar - and the food was just delicious - I highly recommend the lasagne! The live music was brilliant - even the barman (forget his name) got up to sing 'Oh Danny Boy' and he was incredible!
I was delighted to receive an upgrade to a suite on check in - this was the icing on the cake for me - beautiful of the river, large kingsize bed, massage chair, jacuzzi bath - the list goes on.....

I really cannot recommend the hotel enough - just booked a room for my parents to enjoy a weekend away - cannot wait to hear what they have to say about it.

Keep up the great work !!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We visited the Jackson's hotel and had a very enjoyable holiday! the hotel itself was very clean and also the rooms! We found the staff very helpful, from the cleaners to the manager. Even on our arrival we were welcomed by the owner.The food was also delicious with great service, breakfast in the morning was very good and we also ate at the bistro, which was delicious, especially the home made deserts! There was an open fire in the main foyer which we enjoyed as it made the hotel very homely. There was always something to do as you could walk along the river, visit the local shops, listen to live music in the bar and one night there was even ballroom dancing while we were there. Our children (teenagers) even enjoyed visiting the pool. There is also a great gym which we visited which had modern equipment.
Overall we had a great experience and it was great value for money! We will return again! The long trip from Lurgan was worth it.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Although I haven't stayed here I attended a wedding here earlier this month. I was most impressed with this venue. We were greeted at the door by friendly members of staff asking us what we would like to chose from the menu. Then we walked into a huge entrance hall with a beautiful staircase and up to the reception room.
The room was very big with the 'circles' of lighting on the roof which changed throughout the night giving the room a great atmosphere. The meal was the best wedding meal I have ever had. The portions were decent, great presentation and there were additional bowls of vegetables during the main course for anyone who wanted more. We found the staff to be really friendly and helpful.
The drinks were reasonably priced (compared to what we were paying in other bars in Donegal during our stay) although there was one anomaly. Although our group had been buying the exact same round ALL night we were charged 9 Euros more than we had been previously. When we asked if there had been a mistake as we'd ordered the same as before (many times before) & it hadn't cost that much the member of staff was quite curt & continued to charge us an extra 9 euros for the round. This was the only thing that stopped me rating this venue 5/5.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Just home from a fantastic weekend in Jackson's Hotel in Ballybofey. Reception very busy when we arrived as a large party of wedding guests were checking in also. Three receptionists on duty so not queueing for long. My huband and I were pleasanly surprised by the warmth of the welcome that we received from the receptionist 'Laura'. She also took the time to aknowledge our four children. Our very spacious room had a double and three single beds even though we were promised a double & four singles. I returnd to reception where I was assured by Laura that she would get housekeeping to install another bed immediately. By the time I got back to the room Housekeeping staff were already there setting up the extra bed. Later reception contacted us to ask if our youngest would like to avail of the 'kids Camp' the following day. This was an unexpected bonus.
We had dinner in the Bistro on both nights and again were pleasantly surprised at the friendliness and prompt service by the staff. On the second night I accidently toppled my wine glass with most of its contents ending up on the table and the floor. I was so embarrassed but the friendly waitress not only cleaned up my mess while assuring me that it was no trouble, but then appeared with another glass of wine 'on the house' for me. Breakfast each morning was tasty and enjoyable with the staff once again showing extreme friendliness and courtesy. As a family of 6, it is really difficult to find a hotel that will accomodate all of us in one room, in Jackson's we got this along with a level of service and friendliness that we thought had become extinct during the celtic tiger.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

We attended a wedding in the hotel and decided to stay the night rather than travelling home. We had heard mixed reviews of the hotel so we just went with the flow and decide for ourselves.

The double room we had booked was very spacious and clean, with the comfiest bed ever. The staff were very helpful and very efficient and the food was plentiful and very tasty. A lovely hotel all round and we couldn't fault it, a definate visit is called for again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Our experience in this hotel meant that we had to leave a day early.

I travelled with my wife and 9 month old boy - Along with a number of other families for our Grandparents 65 wedding anniversary.

Firstly I had booked a room with a cot and called to confirm this, there was no cot. I asked three times and at 19:30 a cot was brought. The room we had was below average standard, you would get better quality in a premier inn. Outside our window was the vans for the air conditioning which stayed on to 22:00. Then all night through to 05:30 the next morning people were passing our room shouting and yelling - a complete nightmare - When I went down in the morning to tell the receptionist we were leaving she told me that that room could be quiet noisy; remembering we booked this room informing the staff we had a baby with us.

We had food in the bistro which was very poor and the service was awful.

In addition to our own experience our family had been in contact with the hotel to book a suite for our Grandparents and specific rooms for themselves, which the hotel staff gave to other people. The response of the owner was to send 2 banannas 2 oranges and a bottle of water.

I almost forgot about the pool - Fungus growing on the walkways (seriously!!) a wooden thing along the end of it which didnt look too hygenic and the changing rooms are awful.

All in all; the staff are incompetent, the hotel is poor quality, the food is poor and the pool area disgusting.

Room Tip: Don't choose any
5  Thank rdot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballybofey
Villa Rose Hotel
Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa
Mill Park Hotel
Mill Park Hotel
#3 of 7 in Donegal Town

Been to Jackson's Hotel? Share your experiences!