Stayed at this hotel recently as part of a very good deal we got on booking.com for room only for us and friends to go and stay, and check out the Ballybofey Bars and Hospitality. We always wanted to stay in this hotel as it has a very good reputation within Derry and Donegal but I am disappointed to say that it fell way short of my expectations.
The lounge and bar areas were stunning in their décor and the smell of the open fire filled the lower building which was lovely and inviting. The receptionist was also very attentive to our needs and very efficient during check in and check out and I am disappointed that I did not pick up on their names to give them credit for their excellent service. The bar man on Sunday night was also very swift and friendly in his service.
The rooms were of a very low standard and in one room the bed even appeared broke as we entered the room as it was leaning towards the wall. The headboard was not attached to the bed or wall and was merely leaning against the wall. When the light was turned on we could see that on the desk there was dusting completed around the tea/coffee tray and around the desk light very crudely leaving a heavy layer of dust that blackened my finger. The curtain pole was also hanging off leaving a very crude screw hanging out of the wall.
The most annoying thing of all was the fact that every time somebody on the upper floor turned in their bed you would have thought the ceiling was going to fall in. It was very noisy indeed and in the middle of the night and early morning even someone getting out of bed or walking at all sounded like a stampede. We could hear absolutely everything and the slamming of doors topped it all off at 9am.
I really wanted to like this hotel but the quality of the rooms really let it down and the sleep quality of guests is really important to a satisfying stay in any hotel. I certainly wouldn't recommend it to my friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bustling village of Ballybofey, Jacksons Hotel is an award-winning Hotel on the banks of the River Finn and Drumboe Woods. Renowned for its hospitality and great food, Jacksons is the ideal base for touring Donegal and the North West of Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Jackson's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacksons Hotel Ballybofey
- Jackson's Hotel Ballybofey, County Donegal