“New rooms = faultless”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ballybofey
Craigavon
“New rooms = faultless”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Booked a deal for a 2 night stay. Was somewhat disappointed with the first room we were offered in the older side of the hotel. A phone call to lovely reception staff had us moved to a 5th floor room overlooking the river. 2 nights were excellent and the bistro and its food were fabulous. Can't wait to visit again. Lovely hotel in a very friendly town.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank dusterss
Jacksons H, Manager at Jackson's Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay in Jacksons Hotel and to share your beautiful photographs. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Jennie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

i stayed in the jacksons hotel 21-23 Feb. I was not happy at all. The rooms were cold and the food was cold. At dinner i only got a main and for the amount of money i paid i was hoping for even a 2 course as if i'd of stay anywhere else this wouldve been the case. i only stayed here as this was a birthday present and the hotel was higly recommended. As I didnt enjoy my stay this ruined my birthday

2 Thank rachael m
Jacksons H, Manager at Jackson's Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you feel your stay at Jacksons Hotel has ruined your birthday. At this stage I can only apologise for any issues that you experienced during your stay with us. Had you informed a member of our management team during your stay with us they would have been able to rectify your issues immediately.
The evening meal that you received would have reflected the package that you booked, we do have packages that include main course only to four courses.

Hopefully you will return to Jacksons Hotel again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back then.

Jennie

Travellers are raving about these Ballybofey hotels

Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel recently as part of a very good deal we got on booking.com for room only for us and friends to go and stay, and check out the Ballybofey Bars and Hospitality. We always wanted to stay in this hotel as it has a very good reputation within Derry and Donegal but I am disappointed to say that it fell way short of my expectations.

The lounge and bar areas were stunning in their décor and the smell of the open fire filled the lower building which was lovely and inviting. The receptionist was also very attentive to our needs and very efficient during check in and check out and I am disappointed that I did not pick up on their names to give them credit for their excellent service. The bar man on Sunday night was also very swift and friendly in his service.

The rooms were of a very low standard and in one room the bed even appeared broke as we entered the room as it was leaning towards the wall. The headboard was not attached to the bed or wall and was merely leaning against the wall. When the light was turned on we could see that on the desk there was dusting completed around the tea/coffee tray and around the desk light very crudely leaving a heavy layer of dust that blackened my finger. The curtain pole was also hanging off leaving a very crude screw hanging out of the wall.

The most annoying thing of all was the fact that every time somebody on the upper floor turned in their bed you would have thought the ceiling was going to fall in. It was very noisy indeed and in the middle of the night and early morning even someone getting out of bed or walking at all sounded like a stampede. We could hear absolutely everything and the slamming of doors topped it all off at 9am.

I really wanted to like this hotel but the quality of the rooms really let it down and the sleep quality of guests is really important to a satisfying stay in any hotel. I certainly wouldn't recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Niall D
Dear Guest,

Thanks you for taking the time to review Jacksons Hotel on Trip Advisor. We use all of our guests feedback to constantly improve upon our services.
Jacksons Hotel does have an esteemed reputation in Derry and Donegal and I am extremely disappointed that we didn't fully meet your expectations.
Our staff members will be absolutely thrilled with your comments, they work extremely hard to provide all guests with excellent service and it is fantastic for them to be commended for this.
Some of our standard rooms are yet to be refurbished, this should be fully complete in the coming months. Unfortunately the deal on booking.com was for our standard rooms however, you could of chosen one of our deluxe rooms by booking direct with us. I am sure you would have greatly enjoyed our deluxe rooms and I would be more than happy to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of these for your next stay with us.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jacksons Hotel again.

Kindest Regards

Enniskillen
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My wife and i stayed there for 2 nights 24 to 26th Feb, Yes it may not have been the Hilton, but everything about it was great, Staff, Room was nice and big and clean, food was great. Will be back again. Having first read reviews on Tripadviser, i was starting to wonder what i was letting myself in for. I must have been reading about another Hotel called Jackson's. I would just like to say a big thank you to all the staff, for making our stay a pleasant one, hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: Going by our room that was 305, great could not fault it in any way
1 Thank ian4044
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that previous reviews on Trip Advisor didn't deter you from staying at Jacksons Hotel and that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Jacksons again very soon.

Jenni
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We spent two nights in Jackson's in late Feb, hotel was in general very good, but a few points they should take note, the rooms were very comfortable and clean , however maybe in an attempt to reduce global warming heating was at a premium, the heating did not come on until quite large in the evening, and the room was always cold, our first meal in the restaurant was very poor, advertised as roast beef was any thing but, lots of grissel, waitress asked did we want chips or mash we said mash and got one portion between us ( went to bed cold and hungry) The next meal I the bristo was very good and good value, I would recommend the early bird menu here. The leisure facilities were brilliant. The staff were very friendly and courteous and all times only criticism was service was a little slow, and breakfast seems to be famous for delays, overall a good choice but Jackons need to address some of the point above.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback of Jacksons Hotel on Trip Advisor. We use all of our guests comments to improve our service. I am delighted that you did enjoy your stay with us especially our early bird menu, leisure centre facilities and friendly staff members. The other issues that you encountered are currently being rectified and I am sure you will notice a vast improvement during your next stay with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon,

Antrim
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Decent post Christmas break , groupon offer , a bargain. 2 nites b&b and an eve meal .
Room in the old wing no upgrades available as the hotel was full . Older tired room but large and clean .
Meal was good, steak was lush, service slow but the hotel was full and Damian did address the shortcomings through the bill which was good .
Bar was very busy , too full . I guess I picked the busiest wkend possible .
Breakfast was fine although served at a wee low table in the function room which was strange .
A good base to explore from, room itself had no view which w as a shame.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacksons H, Manager at Jackson's Hotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Jacksons Hotel on Trip Advisor. We did have an exceptionally busy January, being fully booked on numerous occasions. I am delighted that you enjoyed your steak and that Damian looked after you. We are based in an ideal location to explore all the beauty that Donegal has to offer, and we are extremely popular for our prime location.

During your next visit please request a room with a river view as I am certain you will enjoy it.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again,

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Do not even waste your money booking this hotel... I booked this as a groupon offer. First of all it took 3 attempts with reception before our key actually worked in the door. Had to ask 3 times in the space of 2 hours for towels as our room had none at all!! Some of the reception staff even struggled to smile at guests. I got a spa voucher with the booking and upon arrival the receptionist told me the treatment had to be booked a week in advance, I was never made aware of this when making my reservation. The pillows were awful, and the bed was ridiculously hard. The hot water took about 5 minutes to come on. The decor in the room was so out of date, it needs serious modernising. The noise from a function happening in the hotel was horrendous, music was blasting till around 2am, the hotel should make you aware that music can be heard as it kept us up until it actually went off. There were a group of people upstairs who sounded like they were a heard of elephants running around the room, the floorboards from above were that squeaky it woke us at around 5.30am, upon contacting reception, the man came up and informed us he had told them to be quieter, however this was to no avail, the sound was just as loud and equally frustrating, he then said we weren't the only ones to complain about the floorboards - you would imagine the hotel would've invested some money into getting them replaced. Our check out time wasn't until 12 however we ended up leaving the hotel at 7.30am as we couldn't take it anymore. The only good thing about this hotel is the fact you are allowed pets, as we brought our dog down, and also the food was good which we got delivered to the room. All in all a pretty rubbish stay! WILL NOT BE BACK!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lauren M
Jacksons H, Manager at Jackson's Hotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear Guest,

While we do appreciate all of our guests feedback, I feel your review of Jacksons Hotel is unfair and misleading for other guests using Trip Advisor.
The offer you booked on Groupon was for a standard room with spa vouchers. It did state clearly in the terms & conditions of the offer that all spa treatments must be booked prior to arrival. I apologise if you missed this.
We did have an internal issue that caused a slight delay with clean towels on the morning of your arrival. This was rectified immediately and we sincerely apologised to all guests for this short delay.
I do apologise for any noise disturbance you experienced during your stay. We do expect all guests to respect their noise levels during their stay with us. Our night porter spoke directly to these guests and no noise was coming from their room 10minutes following this.

I do hope that you decide to return to Jacksons Hotel again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back then.

Jennie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballybofey
Villa Rose Hotel
#6 of 12 in Letterkenny
Harvey's Point
Harvey's Point
#1 of 7 in Donegal Town

Been to Jackson's Hotel? Share your experiences!