Stayed at the Jackson hotel on 1st August 2014. Upon arrival at 2pm we were told check in was at 4pm, having read reviews here beforehand I was expecting this so we headed off for our walk along the river which was very enjoyable. We returned at 3.30pm wanting to be early as they could not guarantee a room in the new section as it was 'upgrade' only on availability?? So we waited in reception until 4pm, they seem to be very strict on this check-in time. Our room in the new section was a long way from reception area but the room was lovely and spacious and clean. Overall found staff very friendly and food was good in bistro but Saturday morning breakfast was very busy so instead of queuing in the bistro I asked staff if we could get breakfast in the restaurant which was not advised to us as we waited, they said we could try which we did and found the selection of food a lot better than the bistro. If you are considering staying in Jacksons Hotel I would advise that you find out beforehand if there is any weddings or functions on as we didn't get to sleep until 2am with the music and also we were awakened at 4am with a group of young men banging at the door! Next time I might consider the older side for quietness!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bustling town of Ballybofey, Jacksons Hotel is an award-winning Hotel on the banks of the River Finn and Drumboe Woods. Renowned for its hospitality and great food, Jacksons is the ideal base for touring Donegal and the North West of Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jackson's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jacksons Hotel Ballybofey
- Jackson's Hotel Ballybofey, County Donegal