I thought I would treat the other half to castle murray house, and yes it is a great venue, but I would recommend go down the road a bit to one of the B&Bs like SeaView on the beautiful point, and visit Castle Murray house for dinner . Check that there is not a big group in at the same time though, else you'll be in for a wait . Room was dark and not overly clean , bathroom only just acceptable (toliletries on a low shelf hidden away , why ? ) Breakfast really nice , but finshes PROMPT at 10am , so no lazy lie ins . Chamber maid rattling with keys at our bedroom door at 1030 (although to be fair she apologised ). An American lady was waiting at checkout for her bill for 20 minutes .A bit chaotic but not in a charming way. I doubt we'd return here to stay .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury family owned boutique bed & breakfast with magnificent sea views over looking the ruins of Mc Swynes Castle an the Slieve League cliffs the highest in Europe. Amazing breakfast using local sourced ingredients, homemade preserves, breads, cakes and granola. As well as our cooked breakfasts like our in-house smoked mackerel with scrambled egg or the farm to fork full Irish. Relax with a drink in our honesty bar and enjoy the sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Castle Murray House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Murray House Hotel And Restaurant
- Castle Murray House Hotel & Restaurant County Donegal/Dunkineely, Ireland