My husband and I stayed here in April and more recently last Saturday night, 26th October. It was recommended by a friend, otherwise I don't think I would have come across it. We arrived after a long(ish) car trip and couldn't wait to throw our bag into the room and get seated at the window overlooking the bay with a long, cold G&T. Instant chill out, all cares forgotten. What a relaxing place. Dinner was superb, as was breakfast. The staff are efficient and friendly, and the rooms are lovely with what must be the most comfortable beds in Ireland! We slept with the window open, the only sound being the splash of waves on the rocks below, with light pollution being at a minimum, save the illumination of Castle Murray itself. I love it here, and can't wait to come back. Thank you, everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury family owned boutique bed & breakfast with magnificent sea views over looking the ruins of Mc Swynes Castle an the Slieve League cliffs the highest in Europe. Amazing breakfast using local sourced ingredients, homemade preserves, breads, cakes and granola. As well as our cooked breakfasts like our in-house smoked mackerel with scrambled egg or the farm to fork full Irish. Relax with a drink in our honesty bar and enjoy the sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Castle Murray House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Murray House Hotel And Restaurant
- Castle Murray House Hotel & Restaurant County Donegal/Dunkineely, Ireland