Castle Murray House Hotel & Restaurant
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Tara Hotel(Killybegs)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$79
Bay View Hotel(Killybegs)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$70
Orbitz.com
Sandhouse Hotel(Rossnowlagh)
US$199
US$188
Creevy Pier Hotel(Ballyshannon)
US$121
Mill Park Hotel(Donegal Town)
US$217
US$146
US$142
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
The Abbey Hotel(Donegal Town)
US$146
US$158
US$121
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsoystershonesty barfantastic foodsconeslounge areadidn't disappointlocal seafoodsea viewfishing portfirst classcomfy bedfull irishirish hospitalitysunday lunchexcellent breakfasther husbandgreat night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014

If you are in south west donegal taking in the great views and walks you shouldn't miss the chance to stay at least one night here. It's a B&b with the class of a good boutique hotel. Great walks and nearby gardens. But it's secret jewel is the tremendous restaurant which specialists in fish. A great stay. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying for 3 nights at Castle Murray House Hotel, just last week, with my buddy Herbie the cocker spaniel. I cannot fault the hotel or the staff, Herbie and I were both welcomed with open arms. The dog friendly room is very spacious, and just like any other hotel room, the only issue we had were the horses in the field next door and only because Herbie thinks they're aliens. The food is outstanding, and to stay here and not eat in the restaurant is a sin. We hope to return soon. Keep up the good work guys.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Nyberg
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We brought friends and family for The New Year. We had stayed before and knew the exceptional all-round quality of the place but they were coming from England and were ecstatic about the whole experience.
We have never experienced such attention to detail throughout.
We will be back and we continue to recommend Castle Murray at every opportunity.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed again at Castle Murray last Friday night 21/3/14. On such a bleak hailstone/snowy night. I considered to be too cold to stay in my caravan - any excuse to jump into lovely cosy bed in a warm cosy hotel. Staff so welcoming as always and nothing is too much bother. My 5* breakfast was greatly looked forward to and one of the staff remembered I took tomato ketchup - well impressed. I have now discovered my "it's so miserable outside have a hot drink" drink! Hot chocolate, bailey's, topped with fresh cream! Again big thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Zak560
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here at the week end. Had a lovely stay even though so windy outside but just made our stay so much more cozy.. Food was absolutely magnificent and plentiful. Great menu and so tasty , cooked to absolutely perfection. Breakfast menu also was so nice, and presented beautifully
Staff were all so nice and eager to help and nothing a problem., especially a girl called Debbie . Wifi worked a treat ..our room was lovely and didn't hear a thing to keep me awake...
I loved being there and a definite return will be on my agenda ...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mary4444
castlemurray, Owner at Castle Murray House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to review us on TA. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We would be happy to welcome you both back again to Castle Murray House Hotel & Restaurant. It was our pleasure.

Warm Regards