“Amazing Breakfast, quaint and cosy room”
Review of Brennan's B&B

Brennan's B&B
Ranked #2 of 8 Glenties B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here 2 years ago - in feb 2011 - at the time of my grandmother's funeral and I've been meaning to post a review since! Although our visit was a sad one for being in Brennan's B and B was really memorable for all the right reasons. Our room was small but perfectly formed and breakfast was just delicious and I will definitely go back - even for that alone. The presentation would tempt anyone who has never tried porridge to eat it and my daughter was delighted with the fruit salad.
Francis and Kathleen were so lovely, considerate and helpful.
If I were to open my own B and B it would be modelled on this one.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank CorkDoglover

Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stumbled into / onto Brennan's B & B - after Sat Nav directions to a local Youth Hostel were wrong, very wrong .....

What a find !! Friendly, welcoming hosts ....... and I am so glad that I had a late start the next morning and was able to enjoy the breakfast - a complete surprise !!

Not necessarily, 'gourmet' but absolutely gorgeous and exquisite !!

Porridge, with a little tray of honey pot and twirler, cream, and sugar.

Fresh fruit salad, and then a cooked breakfast .......
The butter was even presented in little balls ....... aaaaaah ............ absolutely delightful !!! a real joy !!!! So wonderful - I took a photo !!

Thoroughly recommend this B & B !!! I hope I have the opportunity to go back and enjoy the breakfast again !!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Almostgreynomad
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This was the best B&B we stayed in during our entire trip to Ireland. We were a bit dubious as it looked a bit crammed from the outside but on the inside we were greeted with tea and scones and a lovely wee room that was just perfect. The breakfast was to die for and well worth our little trip through Donegal. A nice detour we were glad we made.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FinnmaccoolHanoi
Reviewed 17 June 2012

This is absolutely fantastic place to stay. The b&b is very small, but because of that also very cozy. Our room was tiny, with tiny bathroom, but we got everything we needed. The room and the bathroom was spotless clean and I have to say I've never seen hotel room clean like this lovely b&b.

The breakfast was also gorgeous and I was spoiled with delicious pancakes as a dessert.

I highly recommend this b&b to travellers who want to know what is Irish hospitality - 100%.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarzenaDublin
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I pulled into Glenties late (the sun stays up well past 9 in May) and was met by Mrs. Brennan who guided me to their secure car park and made sure I was comfortable. The room was great. Outstanding wi-fi, a comfortable bed, and an invigorating power shower. I had an excellent dinner down the way at the local hotel, and enjoyed the football match at Kenny's. The Brennan's gave excellent directions and were extremely helpful. Do watch for the crystal bowl of chocolates on the mantle -- a nice touch, but one can be tempted to eat too many :-). This is a great location from which to tour the northwest coast of Ireland, including the weaving/knitwear center of Ardara. Great location, attentive hosts, enjoy your stay at Brennan's.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Marc N
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Accomodation is superb and breakfast is what you dream of. The only thing that the Brennans cannot supply is good weather. A very pleasant 2 days and the only sunshine in miserable April weather. Thanks again for the magnificent experience.

Room Tip: Discuss your preferences with the Brennans