“A wonderful and welcoming B&B”
Review of Brennan's B&B

Brennan's B&B
Ranked #2 of 7 Glenties B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“A wonderful and welcoming B&B”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We have been fortunate to stay in Kathleen and Francis Brennan's wonderful B&B in Glenties during the annual MacGill Summer School in July. The bedrooms and the dining room are very comfortable and the breakfasts are superb.But that is not all, the quality and friendliness of the welcome from Kathleen, Francis and their sons is remarkable and every request is immediately responded to with a smile and enthusiasm. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Of course, there aren't a lot of streets in Glenties, but still. Nice little B&B that adds all the little extras that make your stay enjoyable. Nice room, well decorated, friendly welcome and THE best breakfast we had in 2 weeks in Ireland. Only downsides - could hear talking through the walls and a small bit of street noise (not much traffic in Glenties).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dean J
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Myself, my mother and my teenage daughter stayed here for 3 nights. We were meant to be staying elsewhere but due to unforeseen circumstances, we ended up here instead. What a blessing that we did. We stayed in the self catering apartment, which had 2 bedrooms, and 2 huge bathrooms. It also had a lovely modern kitchen with every home comfort you could ask for, and a lovely sitting room with modern furniture and fittings. When we arrived, we were greeted by Kathleen and Francis who brought us scones and jam. There was tea, coffee, sugar and milk for us as well, which was a lovely touch.
Everywhere was immaculate, and the beds were really comfy with electric blankets provided as well. Nothing was too much trouble, and i have to say this is by far the best B & B I have ever stayed in.
Breakfast was amazing. There was a huge choice from full cooked Irish to porridge, fresh fruit, cereals and juices, tea and coffee.
We will definitely be returning here in the future.
Thank you Kathleen and Francis for looking after us so well.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
cork
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here 2 years ago - in feb 2011 - at the time of my grandmother's funeral and I've been meaning to post a review since! Although our visit was a sad one for being in Brennan's B and B was really memorable for all the right reasons. Our room was small but perfectly formed and breakfast was just delicious and I will definitely go back - even for that alone. The presentation would tempt anyone who has never tried porridge to eat it and my daughter was delighted with the fruit salad.
Francis and Kathleen were so lovely, considerate and helpful.
If I were to open my own B and B it would be modelled on this one.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank CorkDoglover
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stumbled into / onto Brennan's B & B - after Sat Nav directions to a local Youth Hostel were wrong, very wrong .....

What a find !! Friendly, welcoming hosts ....... and I am so glad that I had a late start the next morning and was able to enjoy the breakfast - a complete surprise !!

Not necessarily, 'gourmet' but absolutely gorgeous and exquisite !!

Porridge, with a little tray of honey pot and twirler, cream, and sugar.

Fresh fruit salad, and then a cooked breakfast .......
The butter was even presented in little balls ....... aaaaaah ............ absolutely delightful !!! a real joy !!!! So wonderful - I took a photo !!

Thoroughly recommend this B & B !!! I hope I have the opportunity to go back and enjoy the breakfast again !!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Almostgreynomad
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This was the best B&B we stayed in during our entire trip to Ireland. We were a bit dubious as it looked a bit crammed from the outside but on the inside we were greeted with tea and scones and a lovely wee room that was just perfect. The breakfast was to die for and well worth our little trip through Donegal. A nice detour we were glad we made.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FinnmaccoolHanoi
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 June 2012

This is absolutely fantastic place to stay. The b&b is very small, but because of that also very cozy. Our room was tiny, with tiny bathroom, but we got everything we needed. The room and the bathroom was spotless clean and I have to say I've never seen hotel room clean like this lovely b&b.

The breakfast was also gorgeous and I was spoiled with delicious pancakes as a dessert.

I highly recommend this b&b to travellers who want to know what is Irish hospitality - 100%.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarzenaDublin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenties
Nesbitt Arms Hotel
Castle Murray House Hotel & Restaurant
The Abbey Hotel
The Abbey Hotel
#6 of 7 in Donegal Town

Been to Brennan's B&B? Share your experiences!