“Outstanding B&B”

Ranked #1 of 6 Glenties B&B and Inns
Zurich, Switzerland
“Outstanding B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Situated close to the town center of Glenties, Rosaleen and her husband take care of their guests from the first to the last minute. Welcome with tea and scones on their lovely sundeck, we felt at home immediately. Rosaleen gave us good tips for the evenings and for eating out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed at several B&Bs on our 2 week trip through the northern counties of Ireland and Lisdanar was definitely the best! The house is nicely decorated and very inviting. Our room was spotlessly clean, comfortable, & fresh, with everything in excellent condition. The breakfast was great and served in a beautiful sunroom overlooking the garden. Lisdanar is in a quiet location away from the main road, but only a short walk from the center of Glenties where we had a wonderful dinner. Rosaleen knows exactly what B&B customers want and need!
Sue G

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue G
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Rosaleen knows how to run a Bed and Breakfast. The place is gorgeous and very clean. She is a fun host and made sure all our needs were best. She actually hung our clothes on the line for us after she let us do a load of laundery. Breakfast was wonderful and the rooms were large and comfortable. I would recommend this B and B to anyone.

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Rosaleen went above and beyond our expectations of any of the B&Bs that we stayed in during our hiking and biking treks through Ireland.
We came in one day soaking wet from a day on the bikes and in the rain and she took care of our wet clothes and made us feel very much at home.
L&L USA

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Larry S
lisireland, Owner at Lisdanar House, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you so very much for your wonderful comments.I did feel for You when you arrived soaking wet after cycling from Glencolmcille I like to treat people as I would like to be treated and thanks for appreciating the fact.I really loved speaking with all of You At Lisdanarand learning all about your lives at Steamboat and your sking and culture in general.I would def like to ski in Colerado ....my husband dreams of going there someday.We would love to meet you if it happens and I am holding on to your e mail address.Thanks a million for staying with us and I hope You loved being in Ireland and in particular Donegal.Regards Rosaleen and. Conal
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I just returned from cycling in Ireland (sigh). All of our accommodations (made by Seamus of Ireland by Bike) were excellent, but Lisdanar was a cut above. Rosaleen knows exactly what a cyclist needs/wants! The laundry was a very welcome surprise, and the food was great. Ditto everyone else who raves about the recommendations for eating, etc. It was a great trip and this was a wonderful B & B. Thanks for everything, Rosie!

lisireland, Owner at Lisdanar House, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Well Thank You all so much for such a glowing review. Iam totally delighted with it.I enjoyed having You and glad You survived all the cycling .I love looking after my guests and hope we meet again some day .I thought doing the washing would give you a lift after your hard days pedalling.Thank You all agian...Rosaleen and Conal
Hillsborough, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Ditto to Chad M's review. As one of the cyclist in the group, I can say Lisdanar surpassed our expectations for hospitality, comfort and beautiful accommodations. Both Rosie and Conal are splendid hosts!
Meleah C.

lisireland, Owner at Lisdanar House, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hi Meleah and Sam...Thanks a million for your kind words and glad You enjoyed your vacation with Ireland By Bike.I can honestly say You have been some of our most memorable guests and Conal really enjoyed taking You Sam to feed the lambs on the farm.I love what I do and I hope it shows .and if we ever visit North Carolina We will def look You Up.Glad U enjoyed your experience with us at Lisdanar .It was great for us too ...
Los Osos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at Lisdanar for two nights in May, 2014. The grounds are lovely, the room spacious, the food delicious, and Rosalee treated us like family. She had great tips for exploring and eating in the area, and was genuinely enthused about sharing her love of the land with us. We would highly recommend this B&B. Roger and Ginny Randall

lisireland, Owner at Lisdanar House, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank You Roger and Ginny for writing such a great review about Lisdanar .I love what I do and enjoy meeting wonderful people like yourselves.I hope You enjoyed visiting our beautiful county and hope our paths cross again in the ffuture God Bless ..Rosaleen and Conal at Lisdanar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenties
Nesbitt Arms Hotel
#2 of 10 in Ardara
Eagle's Nest Bed & Breakfast
Eagle's Nest Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 1 in Lettermacaward

Been to Lisdanar House? Share your experiences!