“Good for our needs”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Southeast
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in La Vergne
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We chose this hotel as a stop off point on our way home from Florida - this being less expensive than hotels with a Nashville address and with a better user rating. It was easy access from the Interstate and great for our specific need - a decent place to stay overnight. There is however not a lot of restaurant choices in the area.
The gal that checked us in was very quick and efficient and honored my request for a first floor room since we were traveling with my mother and they do not have an elevator. The beds were decently comfortable, but the toilet/bath area was one of the smallest I've ever been in - I had to move out of the way just to shut the door. The rooms were clean and there were enough towels although some were pretty worn while others seemed to be new. The breakfast was not the best I've had but they did have "to go" cups, scrambled eggs, sausage gravy, and biscuits as well as the usual cereal, bread, and waffles. Overall this hotel met our needs and when traveling we may stay here again.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, but they honored my request for a first floor room since we were traveling w...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 February 2013

We had schedule this stop on our way south and had a difficult time finding it. Why? Because the picture is not accurate. The blue rails are now black. Even on the Choice website the picture is wrong... but some positives for the motel are that it is in a good location just off I-24 just south of Nashville. Walking distance to restaurants. The rooms were good and the morning breakfast was very good. The service was okay... but the staff seemed more unhappy to be working than eager to assist us. I would stay there again but I hope they do update their pictures soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TechieRon
comfortinnlavergne1, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LaVergne - Southeast for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. We are sorry for the bad experience you had. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

• Maintenance was informed of the problems you experienced and instructed to take required action.

• We are sorry for the experience you had. The Front Desk staff received additional training in the courteous, co-operative manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

• We appreciate your desire to stay again. We will take required actions.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Comfort Inn LaVergne - Southeast. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

A very great nice place to stay for the money. We stayed for a week and found our room to be clean and nice. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The pool was open only on the weekend but the weather was very warm so we asked if they would open the pool early and the did! We paid about $63 a night for the week and I would stay there again without any reservation. If you are on a budget you will get a great value.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tim S
Reviewed 16 April 2012

over all stay was good //good staff /clean room// was good location// all restaurant near by walking in 2 block

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This is an older property, and from the configuration it looks like it used to be a LaQuinta. To be honest, some aspects of this hotel can best be described as "battered." The magnetic door lock worked erratically. There was no aerator on the lavatory faucet. Handles were missing on the air conditioning and heater controls. The bulb holder on the floor lamp in our room was broken in a way that could have been dangerous to anyone feeling around under the lampshade to try to turn the lamp on. Some remodeling has been done, and our room was clean. The beds were clean and soft. I believe the owners are trying to improve, but they still have a way to go. I am amazed at the huge variation in properties that carry the name Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
comfortinnlavergne1, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LaVergne – Southeast for your recent stay in our area. I appreciate your remark that you believe that the owners are trying to improve our establishment. We do want it to be the best we can make it to be.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following stepwas taken:

• Maintenance was informed of the following things:

1. The erratic magnetic door lock.
2. The missing aerator on the faucet.
3. The broken lamp.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Comfort Inn LaVergne – Southeast. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 October 2011

This place was filthy for $80 a night!! The sheets were stained and covered with hair-not just a couple of hairs, a bunch. I don't think they were changed from the last occupants. The bathroom was gross. If there had been another place that was close to my relatives house that had a vacancy, I would have checked as soon as I turned the sheets down. this place has nerve to charge such a high price for such a filthy room.

Room Tip: Your car in the parking lot!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LaVergne – Southeast for your recent stay in our area. I hope that you had a wonderful visit with your family members.

• Housekeeping staff received additional instruction in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Comfort Inn LaVergne – Southeast. We take our reviews seriously, and I think you will be very pleased.

Reviewed 18 August 2010

I stayed the weekend herewith my daughter stepdaughter and husband. We were looking for a reasonable price but wanted something decent. I was hesitant after reading previous reviews. This place was great! Brand new mattresses, bedding, paint, flat screen TV's-decent breakfast(No meat products but belgian waffles and biscuits and gravy, cereals, milk, juice). Outdoor pool was small but noone else was there and it served the purpose the amount of time we were there. Staff was very friendly. I travel to Disney world alot & usually reside in places like Disney's Polynesian and Disney's beachclub Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge, etc., and I must say that I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel anytime.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LaVergne – Southeast for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you consider it, in your words, great. That is always nice to hear.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very uch appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• Staff members received our commendation for the courteous, friendly manner in which they treated you, our valued guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Vergne
#3 of 3 in La Vergne
Ramada La Vergne
Ramada La Vergne
#1 of 3 in La Vergne

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Southeast? Share your experiences!