“GREAT VALUE”

Bracken Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Balbriggan
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Cracking hotel with great service.. With a special mention going to the young man Graham who works at reception. He could not have any more helpful from the moment we booked the hotel and throughout our stay.
Food was absolutely gorgeous. We had a bit of pub grub at the hotel bar on the Friday evening after arrival which hit the spot perfectly, I recommend the burger and the chicken wings starter. Our deal included an evening meal which we had on the Saturday. We were treated to an amazing three course meal.
Balbriggan itself is a nice wee Irish town with handy access into Dublin city center via train.
We are already arranging a return visit before christmas to do a bit if shopping in Dublin.
Thanks very much... From Matthew, Carly, Tony and Mandy

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Mattgpower
There are newer reviews for Bracken Court Hotel

Reviewed 31 July 2012

My husband and I are just back from a 2 night break at the Bracken Court. The staff were all very helpful, food delicious (we had one evening meal in the hotel & breakfast on both mornings) and the bedroom very spacious and clean. The free underground car parking was also very handy. Whilst this hotel is not that close to Dublin city centre, it's easily accessible by car (or I'm sure by public transport). We also enjoyed visiting the nearby beach (luckily the weather was sunny) and Ardgillan Castle which is a little hidden gem. We would definitely stay in the hotel again & would fully recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My family and I went for a meal today in the hotel, we live locally but don't visit it much, we all had food from the cavery in the restaurant. I have to say the food was delightful and the service was excellent. On the way out we were greeted by a lovely friendly receptionist, i think her name was Sinead she was very pleasant and was asking how are meal was and if she could do anything for us, clearly she a very important asset for the company. Will definitely visit the hotel a lot more due to good food, great service and a wonderful atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Just back from a very enjoyable few days at the Bracken Court Hotel. The hotel itself is very central, right in the middle of the town. You will find the beach, a cinema, Morelli's (delicious) Ice cream parlour and Pj's play centre all just a very short stroll away.

We had a really good value package deal, which included entrance for the kids to PJ's play centre and family access to Funtasia Water Park (which is just AMAZING) included in the hotel price. Funtasia is only about 20 mins drive from the hotel, and a very direct route (get there early to avoid the crowds).

The receptionist Graham was really helpful at the time of booking. He recommended room 315 to us, as it is a suite with separate sleeping areas as opposed to just a large family room. That really made a difference to our comfort and enjoyment as we could listen to the TV in our room while the kids slept soundly in theirs. So a big thank you to Graham, I would totally recommend that anyone booking a family room should check the availability of room 315.

All of the staff we encountered were really helpful and friendly. The food in the bar and restaurant was really nice for both breakfast and dinner. When reserving our table for dinner, I mentioned that it was my husbands birthday, and the really friendly dark haired waitress brought out his dessert with a candle in it so the kids could sing Happy Birthday to him.

The hotel is comfortable and well maintained, no complaints there. The beds are cosy, the rooms really comfortable. We experienced no noise at night or anything like that.

We have already decided to make a return visit to the Bracken Court Hotel next year. I would like to think of some bad points to mention, to give a clear idea of our time at the hotel, but to be quite honest, I can't. It was by far the best weekend break my family and I have ever taken. Thanks again to all the staff, great job :)

Room Tip: Room 315 is the largest interconnecting family suite
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Mahersbars
Reviewed 24 July 2012

my partner and i stayed in for a few days in july we were very impressed its a lovely hotel very clean and rooms were very comfordable great nights sleep even with a wedding on the staff were great very helpful and the food was great chowder and ribs very tasty .we will be back again there is not much in the town but we got the train into dublin which was only 10 euro return for the two of us the receptionist had printed out the timetable for us enjoyed this stay very much.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lilyrose7
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My Partner & I recentley took up an offer from Travel24-deals.co.uk for our first trip to Dublin staying for two nights 16th -18th July 2012 at the hotel. On arriving from Liverpool, the staff where friendly, proffesional & could'nt do enough. The room was spotless, spacious & the bed was heavenly. The highlight though of the entire holiday was dining at the hotel's Bracken Grill Steak & Seafood Restaraunt. With both Breakfast & evening meals cooked fresh in front of guests, the food was world class & better than some of the Michelin Five Star restaraunts we have dined at, including service from the staff. From Steak to Fish dishes, sweets that are luxurious, a particular favourite was the hotels 'pork belly ribs' cooked in a unique marinade. I would have took a picture to share, only they did'nt last long enough! 5 ***** all the way.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I stayed here for four nights with friends and we all had a lovely time. The rooms are large and spacious with everything that you will need. We found all the staff to be very friendly and accommodating.
There is a nice bar and restaurant serving a tasty breakfast in the morning and meals during the day and evening. We found the steaks particularly nice although as some other reviews have said meals can take a while to come out.
If I return to this part of Ireland again (I hope I do) I will be using this hotel again.
It’s worth noting that the train station is only a few minutes’ walk away from the hotel (no train noise can be heard at the hotel) with trains to Dublin running from 6.30am (approx) in the morning and returning as late as 11.30pm from Dublin stations for 4.70 Euros each way.
Thank you to all the hotel staff for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank K19els
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balbriggan
CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre
Grand Hotel Malahide
#1 of 2 in Malahide
Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links
Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club

Been to Bracken Court Hotel? Share your experiences!