All reviews train station tayto park free car parking lovely hotel next morning function room bar food short break reception staff would highly recommend this hotel dublin airport a lovely stay ardgillan castle bracken court wedding funtasia drogheda
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Got a discounted room for myself and my son for the night as we had an early appointment in Beaumont Hospital the next morning. We were pleasantly surprised with the size of the room. It was massive! Beds were comfortable, staff were friendly. Only downsides were the carpet was a bit dirty looking, the food wasn't terrific in the bar, shower pressure wasn't great and it was a little cold in the room.

I would stay there again though as it was amazing value and handy for the hospital.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed in the hotel for two nights during the bank holiday weekend of October (27th-29th). Overall the hotel was a nice experience and it was a good break away for the weekend. However, there was a problem with paying.
At first when I checked in I paid the full price with my credit card. It was on check out when I thanked the receptionist I was informed that there was a mistake on my check in and that I was undercharged. So as I had disposed of my receipt upon check in I took her word for it, confirmed with the receptionist that I was undercharged, and agreed to pay the outstanding amount by credit card again.

Later the following week I noticed that in fact I had paid the full amount on arrival and was charged extra upon check out. I phoned the Bracken Court hotel (1st Nov) to inform them about the overcharge and that I would like to be refunded. I was informed by the person who answered the call that I would be contacted by their financial department at the beginning of the next week to organise refunding and to do so I had to give my credit card details over the phone. I never received the phone call that week so I waited until the 8th of November and rang the hotel again.
The person I spoke to this time reassured me that a note was made of my first phone call and apologized for no contact been made to myself. This time I was asked to make a copy of both transactions made on my credit card to the Bracken Court hotel and forward the information on to them, which I did so immediately via email.
I was responded to later that day and was told that the matter "would be looked into first thing on Monday".

As I write this (15th Nov) I still have not been refunded and I have had no other contact from the Bracken Court hotel.

I trusted that when I was checking out of the hotel that there was a genuine mistake made and I agreed to assist them to solve it.
I most likely will not be recommending this hotel as a result of this procedure, especially since I have made contact twice and provided all the details necessary to be refunded but no further action has been taken on their behalf.
It is because of this I feel the need to express this negative view of the hotel on tripadvisor.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diarmuid M
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed Friday and Saturday 8/9th November. We were welcomed at reception by a friendly receptionist. The rooms were clean although some of the carpets were marked. The food in the restaurant was excellent and we also ate in the bar on the Saturday night and this was also good.
I have to say the cleaning staff were really friendly as well. Breakfast was good but watch the hot plates - yip they are hot.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Recently spent 3 nights at the hotel as part of a larger group (most of whom only spend 2 nights). Welcome was fantastic and the staff were all too willing to help. Rooms were very clean, however the carpets throughout appeared a little "tired". Restaurant served good food and large helpings.

I would certainly recommend this hotel. Although a little way to the north, there is a direct train service into Dublin City Centre, albeit not very frequent.

Room tip: Suites on the 5th floor are very spacious. Room 502 is at the end of the building with good all round views with floor to ceiling windows in the lounge area - this would get extremely hot in the summer. One down-side the bathroom does not have a bath - only a shower.
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We were a travelling in a group of 52 including 22 U15s boys. The hotel were fantastic in how they accommodated for the boys and adults. Very curtious and attentive staff and the rooms were spacious and clean. Food was fine and reasonably priced.

Room tip: Just speak politely! ask if there is going to be a party in the first floor functions rooms. If yes, request a room which is not facing the inner court yard where all the smokers hang out....a little noisy!
1  Thank ThamaraF