“Very Good but a few let downs”

Bracken Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Balbriggan
Belfast
“Very Good but a few let downs”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel great, food even better but wifi no good in rooms or in reception.. Need to improve on this. Also quality of tv channels in some rooms are poor. Beware. I stayed in 317 and no wifi and very limited channels on tv

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We took a midweek break here for an anniversary and they could not have been nicer. They had a welcome note with balloons attached for us in the room - nice touch. Really good spacious room and bathroom, clean and tidy. TV remote as in a lot of hotels was very dodgy. Very friendly staff and a great breakfast with freshly cooked soft eggs, just the way I like them. We had a meal as part of the deal and what we ordered was really not up to their usual standard. I have stayed here before and had a really good steak. My wife's monk fish and prawn kebab was totally overcooked and really rubbery with not very nice sweet potato strips which were soggy and to be honest - rotten. She was given just plain fish and chips as requested and it wasnt great either. The seafood in my gumbo was also overcooked and rubbery - all in all it was disappointing. I know they can do much better. Balbriggan really is very quiet through the week and offers little in the form of entertainment but it is an easy commute in the train into Dublin.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I arrived here with my aunt on the 12th August. We were told 7-10mins from airport infact was good 20mins and cost €35. We stayed in a twin room. The Bedroom and bathroom were very spacious. But- rooms are dated. We had no remote in our room. TV didn't work properly and the channels on the TV were stuck didn't work. We requested a new one never got it. As this was a twin room we assumed we'd have 2 of everything. We only had one bath towel and one hand towel. With only one shampoo and shower gel.
The food wasn't great. Not a great variety. Menues were stuck together by staple and on a clip board. Could only barely read them was like as if they were photocopied too many times. Following morning breakfast was edible. Furniture was torn and looked dirty. Our opinion is this hotel is a bare 2&1/2 stars. Although staff were plesant enough we Would not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014
Rockrory, General Manager at Bracken Court Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at The Bracken Court Hotel. I was disappointed to read of some of the experiences detailed in your review.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly to further investigate some of the issues raised. If you could please provide me with your reservation and stay details, that would be much appreciated.

I will look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

Rory Keogh

Email: rorykeogh@brackencourt.ie
Dublin, Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Today I popped into the Bracken Court Hotel to wait for friends. I sat and ordered a glass of white wine from an idle pub staff member. What I was eventually presented with was the SMALLEST glass of white wine I have ever seen in all my 29 years. The bar man then had the audacity to charge me €5.50 for what can only be described by myself as a 'shot-glass' measure worth of Sauvignon Blanc. I was appalled. I shall NOT be returning to this hotel until they take a good hard look at their location ( ahem.. you're situated in Balbriggan not Paris!!) and adjust their bar pricing accordingly.!!!

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Laura S
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of the hotel on your recent stay and for providing us with this feedback. I was disappointed to hear of your experience and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. I would like to investigate this matter further and trace back the issue. I am surprised as we use industry standard measures for all our pouring.

I would urge you to contact me at your earliest convenience. My email is rorykeogh@brackencourt.ie

I look forward to speaking with you and I hope to have the opportunity to restore your faith in The Bracken Court Hotel.

Kind regards,
Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The other day myself and two of my friends had dinner in this hotel. Everything was delicious, and cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend eating at this hotel for dinner, all the portions were a big decent size, everything was tasty. I can especially recommend ordering the calamari or duck spring rolls for starter and the sea bass for mains. Thanks to the two brilliant chefs on the night Mark and Noel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Grace M
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I've tried hard to look at the positives with Bracken Court and there are good things with this hotel. Free car parking, free wifi and friendly staff are all on the plus side. Receptionist, Lisa Mooney, is a total gem, very friendly and pleasant. Our room was big with a large bathroom, the room was clean and overlooked the Main Street of Balbriggan. The bar is welcoming and comfortable to sit in to enjoy a drink. Despite the good points there are a number of negatives I can't get past. The windows of the hotel were filthy and did not keep noise out, the decor is tired looking and the breakfast experience was poor. In the breakfast lounge the seats were torn and frayed, there were no bowls or milk available for cereal and there wasn't enough staff available to cope with breakfast service. Although the staff were very friendly all their hard work does not appear to be supported by management, there just wasn't enough staff available to cope with the number of guests at breakfast and the place could do with a facelift, I'm not sure that Bracken Court really attracts 4 stars.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Andy B
Dear Guest,

I will look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

Rory Keogh

Email: rorykeogh@brackencourt.ie
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner arrived for an evening function with his work colleagues, it was a 40th birthday. On arrival Lisa on the reception was helpful and extremely polite. After that it went down hill, we arrived to our room to no water working in the sink!! An iron service that didn't work, a tea and coffee facilities that didn't work! The next morning we checked out and discovered we were giving fake money in our chance at the function in the hotel. We returned to the hotel to tell them , where they admitted that there was numerous fake notes in circulation in the hotel an that no they would no change them for us! I am disgusted with the hotel and would advise others to not stay. If you decide to I would check your money!

Stayed August 2014
6 Thank Sarah S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balbriggan
CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre
#1 of 2 in Malahide
Westcourt Hotel
Westcourt Hotel
#3 of 5 in Drogheda

Been to Bracken Court Hotel? Share your experiences!