Myself and 2 friends decided to go to Dublin for St Patricks Day. It was all very last minute so due to lack of availability and high prices, we decided to stay here as the description said it was close to the centre and it seemed like a bargain.
Although we weren't expecting great things, this hotel is an absolute joke. The receptionist was of no help, and anytime I approached the front desk she was nowhere to be seen. I could hear her typing on a computer, but surely common sense would tell you to put the computer at the front desk so that you can interact with customers throughout the day!
There was no shampoo or shower gel, no hair dryer, 2 towels in a triple room.
The cafe closes at 1? Or 2 I'm not entirely sure and then doesn't reopen until 6! I think this is ridiculous for a hotel when the cafe is the only place that serves drinks except for a vending machine and it's also the only area you can get free wifi in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Travelodge Phoenix Park Hotel is set in its own attractive grounds in leafy Castleknock with Dublin's famous Phoenix Park only a short stroll away. Designed to meet the needs of today's budget conscious guests be it families, corporate guests, contractors, long/short term stay customers. The Travelodge Phoenix Park Hotel in Castleknock cannot be beaten for inexpensive accommodation, special offers and value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelodge Hotels Ltd, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Phoenix Park Hotel Castleknock
- Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park Castleknock, County Dublin
- Travel Lodge Dublin
- Dublin Travelodge
- Dublin Travel Lodge