“Exactly as expected, it's a Travelodge”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Caerphilly
“Exactly as expected, it's a Travelodge”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

You can pretty much predict what you are going to get at a Travelodge and this one is no different. Good points: Clean, comfortable, fairly modern, decent breakfast in the diner next door. Bad points: I tripped the main electric switch in my room on the Sunday morning and as it was Easter Sunday, they couldn't get a maintenance man in until Monday so I was left without electricity. They did offer to move me to a new room but as I was going to be out all day, I declined and did my ironing in the hall instead!! One window wouldn't shut properly which is a bit of a security risk. No complimentary shampoo unlike every other hotel I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Paul O,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I would like to thank you for your kind words. As for the issues you found with the electricity and with the window it shouldn't have happened and I am truly sorry for that. As for the shampoo you are right but I would like to let you know that we are currently in the process of having that sourced from our suppliers in order to start providing it to our guests complimentary. This will be in place during this year.

Should you return to Dublin in the near future please contact me on +353 1 820 2626 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie and it will be my pleasure to give you the best available deal.

Travelodge Phoenix Park

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hungarian first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Myself and 2 friends decided to go to Dublin for St Patricks Day. It was all very last minute so due to lack of availability and high prices, we decided to stay here as the description said it was close to the centre and it seemed like a bargain.

Although we weren't expecting great things, this hotel is an absolute joke. The receptionist was of no help, and anytime I approached the front desk she was nowhere to be seen. I could hear her typing on a computer, but surely common sense would tell you to put the computer at the front desk so that you can interact with customers throughout the day!

There was no shampoo or shower gel, no hair dryer, 2 towels in a triple room.

The cafe closes at 1? Or 2 I'm not entirely sure and then doesn't reopen until 6! I think this is ridiculous for a hotel when the cafe is the only place that serves drinks except for a vending machine and it's also the only area you can get free wifi in.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Sian M
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Sian M,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I regret that you have not enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel to be a joke as we work very hard to ensure that that is not the case.
Travelodge is a budget Hotel franchise and in fact we do not provide Shampoo and Shower Gel and the WIFI is payable thus allowing us to keep the overall price down comparing to other Hotel chains, however, we listen to our guests and we are in the process of having those implemented complimentary by year end. As for the hair dryer, we have them at reception on a first come first served basis to lend to our guests.
As for the receptionist being of no use, it comes as a surprise to me as the general consensus from our guests is that our staff is very helpful, professional and friendly, please do accept my apologies.
The Diner is in fact closed from 2pm to 6pm but as you stated there is vending machines in the lobby for soft drinks and at reception we do sell alcoholic drinks.

Should you return to Dublin in the near future please contact me and I will gladly ensure that you have a perfect stay. My contact details are mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie or +353 1 820 26 26

Travelodge Phoenix Park

Travellers are raving about these Castleknock hotels

Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I had not originally planned to stay outside of the city but this location turned out to be not as remote as I had supposed. There is a bus stop a couple of hundred yards down the Navan Road, so, with the exception of getting to and from the airport, you can travel cheaply (EUR2.60 single) to town. Having said that, we were planning to walk in via the Royal Canal, which is a stone's throw from the hotel. However, the canal towpath was subject to extensive repair work at this location and was impossible to access. I cannot find any major fault with the hotel and would agree with the other reviewers citing the friendliness of the staff. The place is quieter than I had imagined and the beds clean and very comfortable. There was a group of (slightly raucous) young rugby players staying at the time, one of whom knocked on my door in the early hours of the morning, apologising when he realised he had got the wrong room, but on the whole it was quite tranquil. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Simon J
Dear Simon J,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I would like to thank you as well for your kind words about the staff and they have been passed on.

We would like to apologize for the disturbance you experienced with this other guests.

Should you return to Dublin please contact me directly on 01 820 26 26 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 11 April 2014

When we got into our room we discovered that the TV wasn't working. We rang reception they said they were busy checking in guests and would be back to us in 10 minutes. They didn't come back to us. We further discovered that the extractor fan in the bathroom was not working. There was no drinking glasses. there was no floor mat in the bathroom and the windows would not lock.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Seamus M,

I would like to thank you for reviewing out Hotel and would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you found with the room. I would like to assure you that those will be dealt with swiftly so that other guests do not experience the same.

Should you return to Dublin in the near future please contact me directly and I will make sure you will be very well taken care of. My contact details are mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie ot 01 820 26 26.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Ireland
Reviewed 25 March 2014

2nd time to stay here. Both the manager & the team are extremely helpful & friendly. Had a pleasant night's stay & great breakfast! Room was surprisingly quiet considering the location of the hotel next to a main road which makes it handy for travel in to Dublin city centre. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Mark F
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Mark F,

Many thanks for your kind words. I have passed them on to my colleagues and I can assure you that it means a lot to all of us.

Please get in touch with me in advance when staying next. My e-mail is mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie and my phone number is +353 1 820 26 26.

Looking forward to see you soon,

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The beds are really comfortables and the bedroom was very clean. The bathroom could have more items like a shampoo and a better soap. I missed also a rug in the bathroom or a small towel. They put an advise instead...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rafael6891,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to Dublin. We appreciate your comments and I can assure you that we are currently working on getting a solution.

Should you return to Dublin please contact me on mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie or on +353 1 820 26 26 and I will make sure we will get you the best deal available.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed here 28/2, The receptionist was courteous and pleasant , the accomadation was clean, the room was warm and the bedding was clean and cosy, This hotel is located well for M50 , and is well served by buses to city center, This hotel is perfect as a place to get your head down and would be ideal for short stays at a very reasonable rate. All staff very polite and Friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rorco
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Rorco,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I have passed on your comments to the staff.

When visiting Dublin next, please get in touch with me on +353 1 820 2626 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie and i will ensure you will be extremely well taken care of.

Travelodge Phoenix Park
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#67 of 151 in Dublin
Louis Fitzgerald Hotel
#2 of 7 in Clondalkin

Been to Travelodge Phoenix Park? Share your experiences!