“L.M.Williams”

Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Uncomfortable beds, tired bathroom with many stains to floor and sink. Very noisy car park with a lot of shouting and slamming of car doors. Unable to get a good night sleep for our ongoing journey home.

I would not recomend this hotel at all!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Gerald W,

I would like to thank you for reviewing our Hotel and I regret to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are currently in the process of upgrading our bedrooms and the issues you mention on your review should all be solved in the near future.

I would be very interested in obtaining more information from you so that we can improve our product, so if you would be so kind would you contact me on +353 1 820 2626 or to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie

looking forward to hear from you,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Staying at the Travelodge with its great location was a great base for visiting Ireland, the friendly staff and good service made it more enjoyable, Compared to other places it was good value for money and the good basic menu in the the diner was ideal for our needs.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Joseph D,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.

It was a pleasure having you at the Hotel and we hope that you had a pleasant flight back home.

We look forward to have you back and in the mean time should you require any assistance please be in touch.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The bedroom was spacious and the bed confortable. But everything is so sad. The staff was really unpleasant and unhelpful !
Also there was no ventilation in the bathroom.

It's fine if you really need a place to stay for a night or two. But don't go there for a romantic trip...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Dear Lucile D,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and to share your experience with us. I regret to learn that you did not enjoy your stay back in October. You mention that our staff was unpleasant and unhelpful and that to me is not acceptable so I kindly ask you to contact me on +353 1 820 26 26 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie in order to obtain more details.

We sincerely hope that you consider staying with us on your next trip to Dublin as we would be delighted to show you that what you experienced is not the norm.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We planned our trip early and booked a great deal via the Internet. We planned our trip to Dublin visiting the Zoo , Royal Hospital , Kilmainham Gaol and shopping. Very good location. The budget hotel suited our needs .Room was clean and comfortable. Loads of towels .Kettle and tea / coffee in room. Vending machines in foyer. I don't worry about hairdryer in room as I like my own and bring it along. Breakfast good value as kids ate free. Friendly staff. Good value for money. Would use again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Turky26,

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. As for the hairdryer i would just like to bring to your attention that we do have them at reception and provide them to guests on a first come first served basis.

Should you return to Dublin please contact me and I ill make sure you will be well taken care of.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Second time staying here with my wife so we knew what to expect. This is basically a place where you just need a place to have a good night sleep. Place is clean and basic,no extra thrill but I like the fact at least it provide a kettle which some budget hotel don't do so. Transport to city is convenient as bus stop only walking distance. Will stay here again if we ever visit Dublin again.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Arnold T,

Many thanks for your review of our Hotel. When you return to Dublin next, please contact me directly and i will make sure that we offer you the best available deal.

I'm available on +353 1 820 2626 or mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie

Looking forward to meet you in the near future,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

You can pretty much predict what you are going to get at a Travelodge and this one is no different. Good points: Clean, comfortable, fairly modern, decent breakfast in the diner next door. Bad points: I tripped the main electric switch in my room on the Sunday morning and as it was Easter Sunday, they couldn't get a maintenance man in until Monday so I was left without electricity. They did offer to move me to a new room but as I was going to be out all day, I declined and did my ironing in the hall instead!! One window wouldn't shut properly which is a bit of a security risk. No complimentary shampoo unlike every other hotel I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Paul O,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I would like to thank you for your kind words. As for the issues you found with the electricity and with the window it shouldn't have happened and I am truly sorry for that. As for the shampoo you are right but I would like to let you know that we are currently in the process of having that sourced from our suppliers in order to start providing it to our guests complimentary. This will be in place during this year.

Should you return to Dublin in the near future please contact me on +353 1 820 2626 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie and it will be my pleasure to give you the best available deal.

Looking forward to see you in the near future,

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Myself and 2 friends decided to go to Dublin for St Patricks Day. It was all very last minute so due to lack of availability and high prices, we decided to stay here as the description said it was close to the centre and it seemed like a bargain.

Although we weren't expecting great things, this hotel is an absolute joke. The receptionist was of no help, and anytime I approached the front desk she was nowhere to be seen. I could hear her typing on a computer, but surely common sense would tell you to put the computer at the front desk so that you can interact with customers throughout the day!

There was no shampoo or shower gel, no hair dryer, 2 towels in a triple room.

The cafe closes at 1? Or 2 I'm not entirely sure and then doesn't reopen until 6! I think this is ridiculous for a hotel when the cafe is the only place that serves drinks except for a vending machine and it's also the only area you can get free wifi in.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Sian M
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Sian M,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I regret that you have not enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel to be a joke as we work very hard to ensure that that is not the case.
Travelodge is a budget Hotel franchise and in fact we do not provide Shampoo and Shower Gel and the WIFI is payable thus allowing us to keep the overall price down comparing to other Hotel chains, however, we listen to our guests and we are in the process of having those implemented complimentary by year end. As for the hair dryer, we have them at reception on a first come first served basis to lend to our guests.
As for the receptionist being of no use, it comes as a surprise to me as the general consensus from our guests is that our staff is very helpful, professional and friendly, please do accept my apologies.
The Diner is in fact closed from 2pm to 6pm but as you stated there is vending machines in the lobby for soft drinks and at reception we do sell alcoholic drinks.

Should you return to Dublin in the near future please contact me and I will gladly ensure that you have a perfect stay. My contact details are mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie or +353 1 820 26 26

Looking forward to see you in the near future,

Travelodge Phoenix Park

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Castleknock Hotel
#1 of 3 in Castleknock
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#70 of 150 in Dublin
Ibis Dublin
#6 of 7 in Clondalkin

Been to Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park? Share your experiences!