“under staffed” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Coleraine, United Kingdom
“under staffed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Recently had the unfortunate experience off staying in this hotel not good staff in the restaurant are under staff which leads to orders been wrong about an hr wait for food cleaning is definitely not to standard by any means I actually had to clean the bathroom n bath before bathing my child because it was full off white dust and hair mirrors that dirty u couldn't see in we asked a few times if the manager was about to be met with the reply no he wasn't in the hotel but the staff in the restaurant told us he was in the hotel an had actually been sitting in the restaurant beside us an in my eyes was totally ignoring our requests to speak to him we also overheard other people complaining and his attitude was down right rude an obnoxious my advice would be spend a bit more extra and have an enjoyable experience somewhere else

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Michelle C,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and I regret to learn that you did not enjoy your stay. I have investigated your comments with all the departments involved but as more than a month has gone bye since your stay it's no longer fresh in the minds of the staff. I have also not be able to find any record of a formal complaint and I can assure you, I was never informed that you wished to talk to me. This is quite disturbing to me as I am always available to talk to my guests and to resolve immediately any issues that might be affecting them. As for your claim that I was down right rude and obnoxious towards other guests, I can assure you, that is definitely out of character but I have to be receptive to criticism and I would like to learn what did I say or how did I behave to give you that impression.

I would be extremely thankful if you could contact me on +353 1 820 2626 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie so that I could learn more about this situation and that i can take corrective action to ensure it does not happen again.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Travelodge Phoenix Park

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Hungarian first
SW Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

If you're looking for an affordable, clean place to stay, then you've found the right accommodation. I can see that renovations are slowly taking place - I say so because I stayed in 2 different rooms and one bathroom was recently updated. I found each room quite spacious, and the beds comfortable (including the couch in one room). Staff were friendly, and offered to have my postcards sent out rather than send me on a search for a mailbox (thank you, they started to arrive home quite quickly!). Hair dryers are available from the front desk, as is a small selection of alcoholic beverages, if you have a thirst. Check the list in the room to find out what other amenities are available before you assume that you're out of luck.

I was part of a group and so we ate from a fixed menu in the restaurant, (rather than having the option to choose), and food was all right. I do highly recommend the potato leek soup! Hot breakfast was delicious, with hearty yet fluffy scrambled eggs, delectable sausages and lovely strips of local bacon. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with updated bathroom, if possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Solarcatt,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. You are quite right, we are in the process of renovating our rooms and as you witnessed, pictures posted by previous guests are now fortunately a thing from the past. We are aiming to have our renovations completed by the end of the first quarter in 2015, so hopefully on your next visit we will be where we want to be.

Bingley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stay one night, staff on reception very helpful. Room clean had everything needed. Good regular bus service into Dublin last bus back around 11.30 pm. Breakfast is available in the attached diner at extra cost, but full Irish breakfast good value and well served by pleasant friendly staff.
Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Deedaws,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcome you in the near future and should you require any assistance please contact me directly on +353 1 820 2626 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie

Best regard,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here two years running to break my journey before departing from Dublin on the ferry. Rooms are clean and comfortable and perfect for a short break - plenty of grass and walking area for my dog too so she was very happy and people were very dog friendly so she got lots of extra cuddles. Would recommend for sure and would stay again. Reasonable price too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Dear RubyMc,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Should you require any assistance please contact me on +353 1 820 2626 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie

Leicester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Was in Dublin 2 days for work and booked this travelodge due its cheap price. Hotel was what you would expect, decent rooms, comfy beds etc. The bathroom prob needs some minor attention,
We asked for wake up call on 1st night but nobody woke us up "due to the systems going down". our booking was also lost for the second night, lucky when we came back they had a room available which they gave us.
Overall a decent place, helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Sameer I,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and I would like to apologize for the issue you experienced with your booking but we were in fact without access to our Property Management System for 6 days and it created us some issues in fact.

We would love to see you back in the near future,

Derry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed here with our two young children after a zoo visit. We read some reviews and didnt know what to expect. We had a very good stay. It was a Sunday night and there was no noise, we left the car at the car park and bused it into the city centre which was very handy. We would stay again as it offered excellent value for money and the staff were lovely.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Joanne M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Hotel. We are very appreciative of your kind words about our staff and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Looking forward to welcome you in the near future.

Sandviken, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here twice on our way to and from Dublin airport. It was easy to drive to it with no traffic problems ( an advantage if you are not used to driving on the left side). Good parking facilities and easy to go to Dublin city by bus. Standard rooms and a very good full irish breakfast. We recommend this hotel when going by car to and from Dublin airport.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mats M,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope you had a pleasant safe journey back home to Sweden and would love to see you back In Ireland in the near future.

Travelodge Phoenix Park
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#67 of 153 in Dublin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,251 reviews

Been to Travelodge Phoenix Park? Share your experiences!