“comfortable”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Manchester, United Kingdom
“comfortable”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was a friendly clean place to stay. The staff where very helpful. The bed was comfortable and clean, the room was well maintained, I must say I usually struggle to settle somewhere new but this was clean tidy and quite so hence a good night sleep was had.

1 Thank Max625
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Max625,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcome you back.

Travelodge Phoenix Park

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hungarian first
Castellon de la Plana, Spain
Reviewed 29 July 2014

we only spent 1 night in this hotel. we were a couple with 2 kids in the same room. It was comfortable, clean and quiet. It cost 60 euros for the 4 of us (without breakfast) but could have been cheaper if i had booked on the internet (10 euros difference). Staff friendly and helpful.

2 Thank Valerie C
Dear Valerie C,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and I am happy to learn that you did enjoy your stay with us.

Your kind words about our staff are extremely appreciated and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Came here with 2 of my friends, centre of Dublin is about 20 minute bus journey. A taxi from airport €40. Dublin is very expensive too, the nightlife is good but very different to your normal. The room was freezing and the bathroom was another thing, dirty wasn't the word!!!

Room Tip: Don't waste your money
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hopejade
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Hopejade,

I would like to learn more about your stay as I have no records of this issues being brought to our attention in the Hotel and by your tripadvisor name I am not able to find when and where you stayed with us, thus, not allowing me to take corrective action. Would you be so kind to contact me on +353 1 820 26 26 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie. I sincerely appreciate all the assistance you can give me.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Travelodge Phoenix Park

Travellers are raving about these Castleknock hotels

Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Very poor accommodation. Faulty fixtures and fittings not repaired. Unhelpful staff. Have stayed at many travelodge accommodations but would not recommend this one at all. Only redeeming aspect was the cafe. Excellent fresh food made to order. Very friendly staff.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Elizabeth P,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and I regret to learn that you did not find our product to be up to standard.
I have looked into this already and I would like to assure you that corrective action has been taken and I will ensure that it does not occur in the future.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to rectify our shortcomings.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Dirty room, poorly sound proofed rooms, furniture and fittings broken. Main room light not working, food stuck under the sofa cushions, bed had not been cleaned under in a long time. Bedside table on one side of the bed was missing as it had obviously been broken off the wall by a previous guest but not replaced/repaired. Remote for tv had back cover missing, batteries fell out. Light in bathroom falling down at one end, bed had tear in it. Complicated wifi to create an account, which then failed half way through the acct creation process, I had to call the IT help desk who said "just create another one with a different email address" This should be complimentary when paying €105 per night. I am sure a herd of elephants had checked into the room above us, one of the pictures on our wall fell down at one stage as they walked around. We could hear everything that was said from above and out in the corridor beside our room too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Brendon M,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and I regret to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would like to assure you that we take your comments very seriously and that the issues you raise will be dealt with immediately.

Travelodg Phoenix Park
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here recently with my husband and 2 young boys before we flew from Dublin airport, as my sister in law works for Travelodge UK. Ideal for the airport, took less than 15 minutes at 4.30 am. We asked for a wake up call which was on time. The room was a little small but clean and comfortable, at the back of the hotel. There is a train line close by which we got some noise from but this stopped early enough. The boys had a pull out sofa bed which was comfortable but didn't leave much room when it was out. This didn't matter to us as we were there less than 10 hours. We didn't use the diner. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear sahmum,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to see you back in the near future and should you require any assistance with your future booking please contact me directly on +353 1 820 2626 or via email to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 16 July 2014

well to start with a bit far out of town on the bus, but good value for cheap wk end . My room was not that clean I found tissue under my bed and a makeup under the table, there was a smell of smoke in my room. The room should have been aired out, Also the remote for the TV did not work.The staff where not that friendly also, but for a cheap wk end its fine. a taxis will cost you about €15 into town. The area it self offered very little in entertainment.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Gerard H,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and I regret to learn that the room was clean to spec. I have addressed this issue with my colleague in housekeeping and steps are in the process of being implemented so that this kind of issues do not take.

I am sure that on your next stay you will find that this the exception and not the rule. When you wish to return to us please contact me directly on +353 1 820 26 26 or via email to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie

Looking forward to hear from you,

Travelodge Phoenix Park
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#68 of 151 in Dublin

Been to Travelodge Phoenix Park? Share your experiences!