“Don't touch the food!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Broxbourne, United Kingdom
“Don't touch the food!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Currently staying here with the family. We booked two family rooms due to the fact there is five of us. Booked in advance via the website for two nights and got a very good deal.
On the plus side it's easy to find and a relatively easy access for Dublin if you want to pay a fortune for the bus.
Now the negatives...
This travelodge doesn't appear to have received one of the rolled out upgrades yet, and it shows. Very shabby in places and the carpets and flooring looks quite worn in places. Don't expect 4* accommodation but it's relatively clean...
The attached restaurant was quite nice externally, but oh dear what a disaster of the food content!
Don't look at the menu. They don't have some of the items, and what arrives on your plate is mostly frozen food deep fried... The kids meal was so bad my kiddies left half of it which is a miracle in itself. It's cheap supermarket food passed off as as fresh.
We complained and refused to pay the given price...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tim N
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Tim N,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and I regret to learn that you are not enjoying your stay. As for your comments I would like to mention that Dublin city bus costs €2.60 per adult into city center. In fact our Hotel has not been refurbished as of yet but it's on the pipeline to be done by the end of the first quarter of 2015. We are a 3 star budget hotel chain so we wouldn't be providing 4 star frills but as you witnessed we work very hard at providing a very clean environment to our guests.
I understand that your family did not enjoy the food in the restaurant, however, I can assure you it's not cheap supermarket food, all the food in our Restaurant is sourced from two main suppliers (one in Ireland, one in England) with very high standards for quality and hygiene. the menu we have in place is the same you will find in all Travelodge Hotels across the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
I am sorry that you have not discussed your issues with me but would be very grateful if you could do so. If you see this reply before your departure please ask reception to call me, if you only see this after your departure please contact me on +353 1820 2626 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Travelodge Phoenix Park Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hungarian first
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 11 August 2014

this hotel was absolutely filthy. very bad staff, beds substandard, shower unusable, bar closed at 9pm and overall condition of bedroom a nightmare. would not recommend to anyone............................................

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank unhappycamper442
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear unhappycamper442,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and I regret to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us. As your review reaches nearly every aspect of the Hotel, I would need to obtain more detailed information in order to implement corrective action.
I kindly ask you to contact me on +353 1 820 26 26 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie

Looking forward to hear from you,

Travelodge Phoenix Park Hotel

Travellers are raving about these Castleknock hotels

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Got a family room for €54. No breakfast included. Basic hotel but ideal for stay over. Only negative is that shampoo and shower gel not provided in room. Would stay here again for cheap price .......................................

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear irishsteve73,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. Both the team and I are truly delighted that you were satisfied with your stay.

We strive to offer the most competitive rates and €54 is indeed very favorable in the heights of the Summer months.

Once again, we are glad that the hotel was to your liking and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Malta
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Staff was very welcoming and the hotel located 30 mins by bus from the centre. There is an Esso opposite the road with sandwiches and other things to order for a quick meal and the hotel also offers some snacks.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Mario C, General Manager at Travelodge Phoenix Park, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear geomang,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your Hotel and we are happy to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope you had a safe journey home and should you return to Dublin in the near future please contact me directly on +353 1 820 26 26 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie and I'll ensure you'll have a great stay once again.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My friend & I booked to stay here for the by now infamous no show concert!! We decided to still have our break as it was intended as my birthday present. The staff were really friendly & helpful. The room was clean & the beds were really comfortable.

The only downside to this hotel was that it was much further out of town than we were expecting. It was however on several bus routes so by bad timing the longest we had to wait for a bus was 20 minutes. It did add extra time on though for going in & out of town.

We had a good stay though & made the best of our disappointment!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Helen P,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

From all of us here at Travelodge Phoenix Park, a (belated) HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Should you return to Dublin in the near future do get in touch with me on +353 1 820 26 26 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie and we'll make sure you will be well taken care of.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Right here goes ...

First time ever in a Travelodge, this one is clean, reception staff were very nice, food in cafe great, and staff in Cafe very nice and down to earth, free car parking, got the bus for €2.60 to city centre, in fairness for the rate they charge it ticks all the boxes, thanks to all the staff.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank leinsterdude
Dear leinsterdude,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We are happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and I have passed on your kind words to our staff.

Should you return to Dublin in the near future please contact me on +353 1 820 2626 or via e-mail to mario.casinhas@travelodge.ie and I will make sure that you will be very well looked after.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

First of all I try to book my party of 6, 3 double rooms for 2 nights online, it doesn't work, ring the hotel they state the rooms will be the same price 169 euros per room for 2 nights for the weekend of garth brooks so I book it!!

I then try to get tickets when they come out didn't get any for the fri or sat to match hotel booking I ring the hotel to change my night to Saturday as Sunday instead but obviously the price of Sunday night was double the price so we changed our minds and keep the original fri and Saturday night which was fine but the receptionist stated the rooms were 308 euros per room for the 2 night not originally what I was told....

So I contacted the hotel manager who told me that indeed there was no way I was quoted that price as he makes the prices and puts them online so as I had no confirmation I accepted this..

As we all know garth brooks cancelled his concert I checked online and the hotel price for the same nights fri and sat per room was now 164 euros so again I rang the lovely receptionists pfttt who said we would have to pay the original price 308 euros as and when we booked it so I cancelled it to re book it on line....

Guess what online booking didn't work so my partner had to ring the hotel to re book it.. He done so for the fri and Saturday night

Arrived at the hotel the receptionist checked couldn't find our booking apparently we arrived a night late she said she tried to ring us had the complete wrong mobile number ( half was mine half was my partners) but got it sorted so as we didn't lose any money as they ha already took 200 euros from my partners bank account as we were a no show.

Me and my partner use travel lodge a lot as I told the manager in my previous email we always highly recommend it and to bring friends and family and this all to happen is ridiculous I find embarrassing for this particular travel lodge and all other travel lodge hotel. I do not intend to stay in phonenix park travel lodge in the near future or any other complex within travel lodge.

Annoyed and disappointed with the whole experience.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Kir3ty,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. As for your comments we have take them onboard and accept them as constructive criticism on which we will use to improve.

Travelodge Phoenix Park
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#67 of 151 in Dublin
Louis Fitzgerald Hotel
#1 of 7 in Clondalkin

Been to Travelodge Phoenix Park? Share your experiences!