“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Gort, Ireland
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We had a lovely break at the castleknock hotel..it was spotless clean, the staff were very friendly and professional. Our room was very comfortable. Food was excellent. There was a nice athmosphere in the hotel. We look forward to returning again. The hotel is in a great location for shopping at Blanchardstown centre.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear DenisBartley

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read you enjoyed your break with Castleknock Hotel.

We are just a 10 minute drive from Blanchardstown Shopping Centre as you know, which makes the Hotel in a very convenient location for a shopping break.

I am thrilled you enjoyed the food, staff and other facilities & I hope we can welcome you back again.

Guy Thompson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Met with some friends for dinner and see the usual complaints have not been resolved, very slow service. Starter was a trio of of melon salmon roulade and pate whch was quite nice. Next came the main, which took ages, couldn't find the veg ( a dish of veg arrived after everyone have finished) and topped off with a somewhat lackluster trio of deserts. When the tea/coffee arrived, the coffee was dished out, no milk on the table, and the tea never arrived. Overall unsatisfactory, and with the bar prices not out of place in templebar, this is not really great value for money. While it is a fantastic hotel, the service does not match up to expectations. Also, what is the deal with the barriers into the carpark, no dropoff area for taxis... really peeves them off....

Room Tip: If you have a car, remember to get the code for the barrier to the carpark exiting.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kkcat79
Dear kkcat79

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback and for choosing Castleknock Hotel to meet with your friends. I am sorry to read your review in relation to the service, this will be looked into and investigated again as this is not our usual standard by any means, so I would like to apologise for your experience.

We have made, and our constantly making, improvements throughout all departments. One area includes our Menu’s and service in each of our restaurants, both the Brasserie & AA Rosette Award Winning Park Restaurant. I do feel confident that if you returned your opinion would be a more positive one.

In relation to the Barriers, there is an exit code required on departing the Hotel, this service is in place to provide extra safety for our guests and diners during their time at the Hotel. The code is accessible at our reception desk.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I Visited the Tonic Health & Day Spa a few weeks ago and I got the new Yummy Tummy Treatment when I was 26 weeks pregnant. I am not normally one who would get massages but with the uncomfortable pregnancy I have had along with the need to de stress, this was the best decision I could have made.

Jennifer was the lady who looked after me, and she was nothing but warm and welcoming throughout. This girl is amazing at what she does, and has completley changed my mind about massages, having had some bad ones in the past in other hotels.
The relaxation room when you first arrive is wonderful, and after the treatment you get to come back in here again to just enjoy the surroundings, have a ly down to relax and unwind. They offer complimentary juices, teas etc aswell which is a wonderful added touch.
The treatment itself lasted an hour, mainly focusing on my belly, they even check to make sure first that you are happy with them touching the belly, apparently some people arent too keen on this, I was the complete opposite! And baby sure enjoyed it aswell, we were both completly relaxed. Jennifer fully explained before the treatment what she would be doing, what she would be using, and what kind of massages I would be getting apart from the stomach. She was even kind enough to make sure she didnt give me the usual foot massage, as I personally dont like my feet being touched! Im sure most pregnant love it I am the opposite, but that was not a problem, I got a lower leg massage, arm and hand massage, neck and shoulder massage, which was just amazing.
Lovely soothing music was playing throughout the whole treatment, and I was given little covers to go over my eyes, which really helped in relaxing.

I honestly didn't want the treatment to end, was gutted when it was finished! I can honestly say I have never been so relaxed in my whole pregnancy as I was during this treatment, if I could, I would be doing it weekly! Would hope to have another one before baby is born, fingers crossed I can squeeze this in. Would be lovely to have this again before the chaos of a new baby starts.
I cannot recommend Jennifer or this treatment highly enough. Jennifer even offered to go through each product with me afterwards which I gladly accepted as I ended up buying the stretch mark butter and the oil, which are both very good and I love the feeling on them on my belly, the baby oil I was using before just took hours to dry and was so uncomfortable, the butter dries in instantly which is great for when you are in a rush or heading off to work, no waiting around for it to dry! I prefer the butter myself but the oil is also great and the oil will also last longer, so definitely worth getting both.

All in All, it was a lovely experience, and I would recommend all Mothers to be to get this done before baby arrives!

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear EllieIrl2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to pass on your review. We only began the Mama Mio range of treatments in early 2013 and they have been extremely popular with mother’s to be like yourself. I am so proud reading about your experience & I will certainly pass on this wonderful feedback to Jennifer who will be immensely proud.

Thank you again & I do hope we can welcome you back for more treatments at Tonic Health and Day Spa, even after your baby is born.

Congratulations & Kind regards

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

My family and I recently stayed here to celebrate my fathers retirement. Everything started OK but as soon as we sat down for dinner things went downhill rapidly. First off my wife was given a different menu than everyone else (we only found this out after the food arrived). The starters came and went...then the mains came, they were put down on the table...and swiftly taken off us as they were for a different table (my dad had already starting eating his) then we waited...and waited for our food to arrive. In the meantime no one asked of we wanted another drink or if we wanted to our water topped up. Eventually we got our food...at this stage we were thinking of going to McDonalds. Then the wait for desert and coffee started. Couldn't wait to leave the table. We complained (politely) several times. ..to be told "sorry we are very busy" well thats not my problem, im paying to be here, the very least I expected is good service. The next morning at breakfast my sister asked for pancakes for my niece (whos birthday it was) and she was charged €3!!! Unbelievable.
I hear the NZ all blacks are staying here in lue of their game against Ireland...hopefully they receive the same level of service!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Bazwall1
Huntington, New York
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We just spent 6 nights here and had a wonderful time. The room was not huge but they made good use of space. The bathroom was very spacious and modern. We loved the pool but wish bathing caps were not required. The breakfast had everything you could ask for in the morning buffet. The bar was wonderful but a little pricey. The staff were very accommodating and the meal at the wedding we attended was delicious. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Fiona L

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your review and for choosing Castleknock Hotel for such a long break. Swimming hats are essential in our pool for Health & Safety reasons I’m afraid, I am delighted you had the time to make use of the leisure facilities during your stay with us. Our breakfast buffet has a wide variety of choice to suit all tastes, so I am delighted this added to your overall enjoyment.

We value all feedback that we receive, positive & negative, so thank you again.
I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future

Portadown
Reviewed 16 November 2013

CASTLEKNOCK HOTEL, CO. DUBLIN

We selected the Castleknock for our mid-week break because it was advertising itself as “The AA Hotel Of The Year 2013 - 2014”. The directions provided by the hotel were excellent and we were able to find it easily. It’s located about 2 kilometres on the far side of Castleknock village – which itself is only about 9 kilometres from the centre of Dublin. The village is a lovely little place and greatly enhanced by the stunning autumnal colours of the thousands of trees everywhere. New England; eat your heart out!

The hotel is very large and modern and all the staff are excellent and evidently enthusiastic about their roles. Car park security is enhanced by the requirement to use a pin number for exit.

The hotel grounds are beautiful and encompass the 18 hole Castleknock Golf Club. It looks to me like a tough course – but then, what do I know!

The restaurants, bar and other public areas within the hotel are attractively laid out and welcoming. There’s an excellent gym, pool and spa – none of which we managed to make sufficient use of.

We did worry about signs we’d noticed cautioning us that, at certain times, we might have to queue for breakfast. But as it turned out, this problem never arose. We had one evening meal in the hotel’s Park restaurant and the food was excellent though the service was rather slow.

The bedrooms were well finished though the tiny triangular shower stall could have caused a problem for someone with a ‘larger figure’! Coffee and tea-making facilities were on hand. But no courtesy bottled water. Nor was there a mini-bar. And no courtesy slippers or bathrobes available. So did we view The Castleknock as “The AA Hotel Of The Year 2013 – 2014”? Well! Maybe! We were there for a mid-week break and it wasn’t wildly expensive – decent value for money, in fact. And yes, we would go back.

The one thing, though, that might put us off returning was finding that we were seated beside an entire family that had been allowed to come down for breakfast in their pyjamas! Now we’re not the kind of people who think everyone needs to dress for dinner anymore. But breakfast in a high-class hotel in your PJ’s! Please!

Room Tip: Some rooms are a very long way away from the foyer and the lifts
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear FidelmaandBryan

Thank you for your review, this is greatly appreciated.

Customer service is, and always has been, of upmost importance to us, so for you to mention that you found our team of staff excellent fills me with pride. As you mention we do have a full Leisure Centre at Castleknock Hotel, of which our guests can avail of complimentary during their stay. Hopefully on your next stay you will get the time to enjoy the leisure facilities.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your meal in our AA Rosette Award winning Park Restaurant. I have taken your points in regards to the service on board and will certainly review this again.

Thank you for your detailed feedback, this is valued greatly as we constantly try to improve our service throughout all departments.

I hope we can welcome you both back for another enjoyable break

Reviewed 10 November 2013

stayed here for 2 nights recently with children. The hotel is ideally located to visit most of the city attractions, as well as having a very good restaurant. We will be definitly be returning here again next year, just make sure to have sparkling wine in stock!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Eoinwall72

Thank you for your review, this is greatly appreciated and I am delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay.

I do hope we can welcome you back soon

Guy Thompson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Ashling Hotel
Ashling Hotel
#17 of 151 in Dublin
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Been to Castleknock Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!