“Fantastic spa day spent in castleknock!”

Castleknock Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Ireland
“Fantastic spa day spent in castleknock!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I got a present of a spa day which included a back,neck & shoulder massage & facial in the beautiful Tonic Spa...I cannot talk highly enough of the wonderful staff, the sumptuous surroundings and the utter feeling of calm & relaxing at this lovely hotel. We had dinner & wine in the hotel, and the service, food & atmosphere was wonderful, we floated home feeling thoroughly rejuvenated & relaxed. i will be recommending to all of my friends, and will most definitely be returning again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear europeangirl

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your review.

It is great to know you had such a wonderful experience in our Tonic Health & Day Spa and left feeling refreshed.

Thanks for your recommendation & I hope we can welcome you and your friends back again

Guy Thompson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I arrived about 60 mins ago., c 8.30pm and have settled into my room 151. I dialled '0' for reception to check which option on the WiFi menu I should chose for my laptop. No answer. No answer from housekeeping, the concierge, the spa or the restaurant. I dialled the hotel outside line from my hotel phone. No answer from the reception option on the menu. I dialled the hotel outside line from my mobile phone. No answer from the reception option on the menu - it rang out. I dialled '0' again on my room 'phone and am hanging on for an answer while I type this review using my mobile wifi connection. I'm in my pyjamas and don't fancy having to get dressed to find someone to ask about the wifi.
I'm hanging on now for 15mins + for answer from reception. This is like being on the Marie Celeste, or maybe Hotel California???
I would welcome any inventive suggestions from readers as to what to do about a problem like this.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Bazil11
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Bazil11

Thank you for passing on your comments.

I am truly sorry for the experience you describe and I completely understand how frustrating this must have been. This is not acceptable as our guest’s should feel they can contact a member of staff at any time for assistance.

Please note this has been looked into and rest assured, we have actions in place so this does not happen again

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

As good a hotel experience as you can have in Dublin area.
Excellent facilities, good dining experience both a.m. and p.m.
Clean,warm and attr active pool.
Only drawback is remote location and the slow bus journey into Dublin centre-45 mini

Room Tip: Ask for view of golf course.
Dear BML186470

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

I am delighted you seemed to have time to enjoy the facilities throughout the Hotel, and had a good experience with both your morning and evening meals.

We are located in country side surroundings, yet a 15 minute drive into the City Centre.

I hope we can welcome you back again.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Have just returned from an overnight stay our stay was bed breakfast and dinner package .Check in was quick and efficient very nice girl on reception. Bedrooms were fine bathroom a bit small but just there for one night so it was fine. Our problem was the restaurant we arrived for our booking at 8 no problems shown to our table there was 6 of us ordered our meals starters ok not great our mains arrived 4 hake 1 duck and no pork which had been ordered by my husband I looked over to the door and there was a discussion going on between the manager and the waiter my husband told us to start eating so our meals would not be cold we finished our mains and still no meal for my husband I went to speak to the manager who said my husband had changed his order to pork I explained to him that he had not changed his order and if there was a problem it would have been courteous to come to the table and explain what was going on .After sitting for another 20 minutes with empty plates in front of us he arrived over to say his meal would be out soon he offered us a baileys or Irish coffee but my husband declined his meal did arrive soon after by this stage my husband did not want to eat it ,he did however and it was very nice. However we were another 20 minutes sitting with empty plates in front of us we eventually got out of the restaurant after 3 hours .My husband and 2 of our friends had a bottle of red wine which they did not charge for .Our other problem was the bar we then had a drink in the Lime tree bar and when this closed we had to use the main bar my friends husband was drinking Ballantines but when he went to the main bar they said they did'nt sell it so he had to explain he had it in the other bar and they said they would try and get him some .
I' m afraid the whole evening was spoiled by the events in the restaurant I would not be in a hurry to return.

3 Thank Rosemarydub
Dublin
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is our second time to stay in this hotel, The first time we stayed we had the children with us this time it was must myself and my husband. We found the staff very friendly and helpful, The hotel is very clean and nice décor ,The rooms are specious and comfortable. We had a fantastic meal in the restaurant, the food was very well presented and very tasty and again the staff are very friendly. This hotel is suited for family's, couples, or even groups of girls which could treat themselves to the fantastic spa, and a group of men who can treat themselves to a round of golf.

The only thing I can complain about it that the hairdryer in our room (the second visit) was awful so slow took ages to dry my hair, not what you would expect at this hotel.

We will stay here again.

1 Thank TaniaBR
Dear TanyaBR

I appreciate the time taken to pass on your review. It is wonderful to know you enjoyed your time at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club.

We do feel, as you mention, that we cater for all types of leisure guests with our wide variety of facilities throughout. Just to mention, we are constantly investing in upgrades throughout all departments including the bedroom facilities, to add to the comfort and enjoyment of our guest's experience.

I hope we can welcome you back soon

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Location a bit of a hassle to get to, but feels out in the countryside - road noise very audible outside.

Room was odd - 3 single beds and those hangers that don't have a hook - very annoying given that the rail was about 7 feet off the ground.

Room was also really hot and little seemed to make it cooler.

Staff were friendly. Cleaners standard was very good.

For a conference it did the job. Although getting the meeting room temperature under control was a challenge and for the set up we attended you had to walk through one meeting room to get to some others - really weird as you would actually walk through another meeting that was going on.

When music is playing on ground floor for a party, you can hear it on higher floors.

Room Tip: Not one with 3 single beds in, when you are a solo guest.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Seven22

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your review. As you mention, we are located in country side surroundings, yet a 15 minute drive from Dublin City Centre. I have taken each of your points mentioned on board.

In relation to the meeting room set up, our conference rooms are flexible in relation to size and shape to try and suit all needs. We would never expect guests to walk through another meeting, there is always an alternative route to locate each meeting room, I do apologise if this was not highlighted to you.

Thank you again & I do hope we can welcome you back for a corporate or leisure break.

Belfast
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed here for 2 days after the New Year. Went with youngest daughter & her family.
We arrived just after 1pm & even though check-in was 3 pm they were able to let us have 1 room & the other room was ready after 1 hour. We decided to have a quick bite to eat then go use the pool facilities. The staff in the bistro were very accomodating for our vegetarian daughter & were able to supply her with a toastie option that wasn't on the menu.
We decided to eat our evening meal in the hotel- we opted for the wine & dine menu. The wine was lovely but my main meal was too salty & the daughter's veggie option was not as described & very dry. The 2 guys enjoyed their meals. We also opted for the breakfast deal so ate breakfast each morning at the hotel. Couldn't fault the choice of food or the quality at the buffet breakfast.
The hotel was very busy (loads of families staying over New Year) & so was the pool, which was quite cold. We did complain about this (we had a 7 month old baby with us who luckily had a wetsuit on otherwise we couldn't have stayed in the water at all) & was told it was because it was so busy they were having to refresh the water & that it would be warmed tomorrow as a lot of guests were leaving. we used the pool 3 more times & the water temperature was fine but the changing rooms were too cold for wet bodies.
The rooms were ok. Large comfy beds, kettle etc but no fridge. Baby's food had to be put in the guest fridge in the kitchens but the staff were very quick at retrieving it whenever we wanted. Had to turn off the radiator at night as the room was very warm. Also our room had a security light right outside which the curtains didn't block completely so the room wasn't really dark enough at night.
The first night was quite noisy as a lot of guests were partying in their rooms with kids running up & down the corridors until the early hours, so we were a bit tired the next day. Luckily this didn't happen the second night.
The hotel is out on its own so if you want to eat or drink elsewhere be prepared to drive. It is within a few mins drive of Blanchardstown where there is a large shopping mall/complex with cinema, bars & restaurants. Phoenix Park is a couple of kilometres away & Dublin centre only a few kilometres further than that.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Holidayempress

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your review.

Our check in time is 3pm however we are always happy to check guests in early when possible, so I am glad this was available to you on your arrival.

I have taken your points on board in relation to your meal. It seems you have chosen our popular Wine & Dine Menu which is served in our AA Rosette Award winning Park Restaurant. Just to mention, we have made further improvements to this menu recently.

We are very proud of our buffet breakfast quality and variety so I’m glad to know you enjoyed that element of your stay also.

In regards to the pool temperature, we do have a heated pool as you know. For hygiene reasons we must back wash the system every few days, this process adds in fresh water which begins a couple of degrees cooler than normal. I am sorry that this affected your swimming experience.

Thank you again for your comments & I hope we can welcome you and your family back again.

Guy Thompson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Ashling Hotel
Ashling Hotel
#16 of 151 in Dublin
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Been to Castleknock Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!