“2 expensive”
Review of Castleknock Hotel

Castleknock Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my family and friends for a wedding. Wedding food far below standard, melon was just piece of melon, soup had no flavour and beef was tough (hope this was just our table) Class of white wine €6.75, red bull on its own €6 pint of Guinness €5.10 ... cocktails €10 each. I dont mind paying that bit extra because I'm staying in a hotel but a toasted sandwich for €12 is a bit harsh. €17 for a basic breakfast???. ordered two bowls of veg soup a glass of coke and pint of Guinness before we were heading home and we waited 15 minutes for our drinks (nobody else at the bar except us and 6 staff members standing around)I had to ask for our drinks at the bar again. Soup came out warm and a half portion if I could say the least. Bread was NOT fresh and no knife came to butter the bread. If the soup had of been of high quality I would not mind paying €5.50 per bowl of vegetable soup which would of cost about 45 cent per bowl to make?? it was desperate. ...

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lee C
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Lee C

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback. I am very sorry reading about your experience during your stay. This is not our usual standard by any means. We pride ourselves on each and every one of our Weddings and the attention to detail for each guest attending.

We always appreciate feedback, both positive and negative, as this assists us to constantly make improvements and changes where necessary throughout each department. The majority of feedback we receive in regards to our wedding meals is extremely positive, therefore again, I am sorry to read about how you felt on the night.

Just to mention, in regards to our costings; we do perform regular competitor analysis’ with similar properties to ensure our cost’s are always fair and reasonable. However again, please note I will take your points on board.

There are newer reviews for Castleknock Hotel

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I would give 3.5 to this hotel. The reason I stayed at this particular hotel was due to the proximity to my client's residence who lived in one of the villas adjacent to the golf course. The hotel staff was friendly. The room was spacious but the decor and furnishing appear to be outdated. The hotel lobby was very noisy. The breakfast was so so! Taxis are 30 minutes call away so hopefully you are not in a rush.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank NJ008
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear NJ008

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your review. I am glad to read that you found our team of staff friendly and hopefully this added to the overall enjoyment of your stay.

We use the same taxi company on a daily basis. The average wait from when we call for a taxi for our guests, is 10 minutes; I am sorry if this was not the case in your experience.

We are, as you know, located in country side surroundings which creates a very peaceful and relaxing setting, at the same time we are located just a 15 minute drive into the City Centre

I hope we can welcome you back soon

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

What a way to end or 10 days European tour. Castleknock hotel is gorgeous and the staff was outstanding. It was my birthday the night we stayed and 2 employees went out of their way to make the night memorable. Andrew in room service went out of his way to accommodate our late night meal as we arrived after 10pm. Then David in the bar was legend and even though it was past his time to get off he stuck around for just us and was very chatty and seemed happy to be there for us. The next day my girlfriend had a massage and said it was the best one she had ever had. We will def be back!! Thanks

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear travelinfool2012

I would like to thank you for passing on your feedback. I am delighted you chose Castleknock Hotel to celebrate your birthday and that you enjoyed this special occasion.
I will ensure to pass on your comments to the relevant staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you both back

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We had an overnight stay here having attended a wedding reception. Arrival drinks which were held in the public bar was uncomfortable due to the volume of people attending, and with a distinct lack of seating a lot of the wedding guests were left in the lobby area. The reception room was lovely and staff were helpful and pleasant, I had the beef which was a bit tough, but overall the meal was tasty. the bedrooms were practical, comfortable and clean, finished to a high standard. Overall the experience was good but I could not say great because I felt while it suit the purpose it did not wow me

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank cathennis
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear cathennis

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

We reserve our Fionn Uisce Bar area for arrival drinks for each of our weddings. This includes seating and standing space. We remove some of the seating in front of the bar as we find this allows for better service and creates more space for guests to gather & enjoy their arrival drinks.

We have a large south facing Terrace which, weather permitting, guests are also welcome to use.

I do appreciate your feedback and will certainly take each of your points on board.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Myself and my wife stayed here for 2 nights. We spoiled ourselves and stayed in the Guinness Suite. From the very minute we entered the hotel, we were really impressed. The location is perfect, just a few minutes from the Phoenix Park and a short spin to Dublin City Centre, this still feels like a real country hotel. Large spacious foyer and lounge area makes relaxation easy. We dined in the Park Restaurant and it was scrumptious. Sometimes when you eat in an award winning restaurant, one fears either small portions or slow service. This had neither. The food was fab, well presented and had adequate portions.
The one constant in this hotel that hit us each day was the fantastic staff. Whether it was the reception, dining room, barstaff or the housekeeping staff, everyone was extremely helpful, friendly and did everything possible to make this stay memorable in every way. Don't miss the leisure centre.
We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Howdidodi

Dear Howdidodi

Thank for your choosing to stay at Castleknock Hotel. We have 4 Suites in the Hotel so I’m glad you had the opportunity to stay in one of these rooms and add to the enjoyment of your stay.

We are located just a 5 minute drive from the Phoenix Park as you mention, and 15 minutes from Dublin City Centre.

It is great to know you enjoyed your dinner in our AA Rosette Award Winning Park Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My Mum and I took my little girl (nearly 2) to stay at Castleknock last year. We had an amazing time and enjoyed every minute. The food was delicous and my little girl absolutely loved the pool area which has 2 great baby sections. We also both had treatments and they were incredible, would thoroughly recommend a Massage here. I come from a hotel background so can be terribly fussy but I have to say this is one of the nicest and warmest places I have stayed in Ireland.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MichelleDruids

Dear MichelleDruids

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We have a heated kiddies pool and an outdoor play ground for children to enjoy, I am glad you had time to use the facilities.

Thank you for your recommendation for Tonic Health & Day Spa.

I hope we can welcome you all back again

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Just returned from a charity ball in the Castleknock Hotel, I am seriously impressed with the venue, had a really good meal - unusual for a big function, very pleasant and attentive service, I will be back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#68 of 150 in Dublin
The Croke Park
#5 of 150 in Dublin
Clontarf Castle Hotel
#3 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Castleknock Hotel? Share your experiences!