We stayed here on Good Friday night, excellent check in, beautiful room with lovely view. We were upgraded due to problems with our online reservation. We then went to the bar for food to be told by 3 different staff that we couldn't order alcoholic drinks, we didn't even ask about drink but just wanted to get our 2 yr old fed. I ordered a baby bowl to include mash potatoes and veg with a little soup instead I got a spoonful of cold mash with veg that I couldn't eat not to mind my son, and all topped off with gloppy salty gravy, because my son was so hungry I just fed him with the excuse for a baby dinner. We ordered a starter to share and 2 x fish and chips that eventually came all together after almost an hour, starter and main course together, out of sheer frustration we just accepted it but couldn't eat the starter as it was cold and sent it back, fish and chips were seriously disappointing and tiny portions. Dinner came to a total of 42 euro, I was shocked to see that i was charged 3euro for baby bowel and 3.50 for a scoop of ice cream for my son!
When we got back to our room it was so hot, like other reviewers we couldn't open window due to the loud noise coming from motor/boiler outside that continued until 12am.
Breakfast I thought was very good, tasty, not greasy and plenty of choice, and I did like the fact that people with small children dined in a separate area.
We thoroughly enjoyed the pool, clean and lifeguard on duty at all times.
It's a beautiful hotel, we will be back but we will definitely not be having dinner or bar food. The waiting staff seriously need a good shake up and/or training as one waiter in particular seriously frustrated us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castleknock Hotel, an award winning 4 star hotel is located right on the doorstep of Dublin City, set in lush grounds with an onsite golf course, beside the Phoenix Park. Specialising in corporate stays, conferences, golf breaks, weekend weddings and relaxed family and leisure visits, the hotel is just 15 minutes from Dublin city centre and 20 minutes from Dublin Airport with easy access on the M50, but feels like a world away from the bustle of the city with its tranquil countryside setting. Just outside Castleknock village, this stylish but informal and relaxed hotel is a spacious, modern hotel which, with its expansive views over the golf course and surrounding countryside, makes a delightfully pleasant base for both business and leisure guests. With an 18-hole golf course, award-winning restaurants and welcoming bars, an innovative meeting and events offering, substantial sports screens, outdoor patio and children's playground, there is something for everyone to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castleknock Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castleknock Hotel And Country Club
- Castleknock Hotel Country
- Castleknock Hotel County Dublin