Travelled to Castleknock to have lunch and to enquire about a golf break for four friends in July. I entered the hotel and as reception was busy I went to the bar. There was a couple at the bar and every table around it was marked reserved. Every table. I stood at the bar for a out five minutes and was completely ignored by the batman who was struggling with a n order as two other bar staff walked in and out. So I found a table (with the previous diners dirty crockery still sitting there) and went and set there to study the menu. And the staff walked up and down and despite waving politely and saying "excuse me" they just bustled past. So, I decided to check the wifi out so walked down to what looked like the spa reception - it's a tiny reception and there were three females standing there talking- and again they just totally ignored me. It may be that I'm the invisible woman. So I just decided to leave. Why would four people spent good money on a long weekend there when they just ignore the guests? Dirty tables, rude staff, an empty bar with every table "reserved" - luckily the next hotel I visited was superb. Avoid this one like the plague.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, the multi award winning 4 star hotel, right on the doorstep of Dublin City. Castleknock Hotel & Country Club is an award-winning modern 4 star hotel set in lush grounds with an onsite golf course, located beside the Phoenix Park, Dublin. Specialising in corporate stays, conferences, golf breaks, weekend weddings and relaxed family and leisure visits, the hotel is just 15 minutes from Dublin city centre and 20 minutes from Dublin Airport with easy access on the M50, but feels like a world away from the bustle of the city with its tranquil countryside setting. Just outside Castleknock village, the stylish but informal and relaxed Castleknock Hotel and Country Club is a spacious, modern hotel which, with its expansive views over the golf course and surrounding countryside, makes a delightfully pleasant base for both business and leisure guests. With an 18-hole golf course, a deluxe day spa, a well-equipped leisure centre, award-winning restaurants and welcoming bars, an innovative meeting and events offering, substantial sports screens, outdoor BBQ and children's playground, it's everything that could be required from a great resort hotel, all under one roof. Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, AA Ireland's Hotel of the Year 2014, has 138 guest bedrooms, most of which were recently refurbished in 2015. Some of our upgraded rooms offer amenities such as SMART TV's, Nespresso machines, premium sports channels and high speed WiFi. Bedrooms are spacious and bright, comfortably furnished, and many with charming views over the manicured greens and careful planting of the undulating 18-hole parkland course at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, one of the closest golf hotels to Dublin city. Winner of over 32 local, national and international awards since 2009, Castleknock Hotel & Country Club is a luxury property designed to meet the needs of the most discerning guest, whether staying for business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Castleknock Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castleknock Hotel And Country Club
- Castleknock Hotel & Country Club County Dublin