The hotel is listed as a 4 star, but I had mixed feelings about the whole stay. I was booked in for one night. The location of the hotel is ideal, close to Dublin but in the countryside. First impressions were a bit mixed, lobby and reception looked modern, however the signed football shirts in the reception area looked out of place, and cheapen the area, maybe better to have these in the bar. Staff at reception were polite and engaging. I was assigned a room on the first floor which was clean and tidy. Bathroom looked impressive but the shower was broken and leaking, however this would be the only fault I would have. However the evening reception and bar staff were very disappointing. After returning from Dublin, we sat in the lobby and had a few drinks with friends, the waiter came down to the table and took our order. 20 minutes had passed, so I went up to the bar to find out what had happened to our order. I was informed that the waiter had finished his shift and had gone home for the night, I reordered and took our drinks to the table. Back in the room, we phoned reception for a menu for room service and was advised very abruptly that there wasn’t one, and we could have sandwiches, which were of a poor standard, perhaps made by a night porter rather than the hotel chef. The next morning, in the breakfast room, I really did struggle to find a clean plate, I picked up at least 7, They had either bits of dried food stuck to them or were wet. I also asked for a take away cup for my coffee. The waiter agreed to get me one, but didn’t come back, seems like a recurring problem with staff here. I couldn’t recommend this hotel to my friends, which is a real shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castleknock Hotel, an award winning 4 star hotel is located right on the doorstep of Dublin City, set in lush grounds with an onsite golf course, beside the Phoenix Park. Specialising in corporate stays, conferences, golf breaks, weekend weddings and relaxed family and leisure visits, the hotel is just 15 minutes from Dublin city centre and 20 minutes from Dublin Airport with easy access on the M50, but feels like a world away from the bustle of the city with its tranquil countryside setting. Just outside Castleknock village, this stylish but informal and relaxed hotel is a spacious, modern hotel which, with its expansive views over the golf course and surrounding countryside, makes a delightfully pleasant base for both business and leisure guests. With an 18-hole golf course, award-winning restaurants and welcoming bars, an innovative meeting and events offering, substantial sports screens, outdoor patio and children's playground, there is something for everyone to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splitty, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Castleknock Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castleknock Hotel And Country Club
- Castleknock Hotel Country
- Castleknock Hotel County Dublin