“Deiseclan”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
south east
“Deiseclan”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Myself,husband and two children stayed in a family room for a night. The room was positioned over large outdoor fans which whirred loudly until midnight and recommenced the following morning at 7am.we were unable to open a window even though it was very hot and stuffy in the room and no Ac present. On checkout the lady asked my husband was everything alright during our stay..to which he informed her of the noise and difficulty sleeping especially for our young children. She commented this problem was an ongoing issue with the room!! It left a tainted memory of an otherwise lovely hotel to which unfortunately we will not be returning to.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Deiseclan
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Deiseclan

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your review. I would like to apologise for this inconvenience & I completely understand your frustration. The noise from the fans can on occasion, affect a small number of our bedrooms.

We have reduced the times of the fans as much as possible, to avoid further disruption to our guests.

I hope if you did return you would leave with a more positive opinion

Guy Thompson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I checked into this hotel with my family on a family 3 night break and it was a brillant hotel with excellent service/ location/ facilities. But there are a few things which could be added to make the experience even better. I'm an insulin dependent diabetic that regularly injects themselves but the room lacked any sort of fridge so I had to go to great lengths to try to keep my insulin cold. Another thing is my 12 month old son has allergies to diary and so takes alpro soya milk which we had to buy on a regular basis as the restaurant did not have any and we couldn't keep the milk in the room with lack of refrigeration.

• Stayed June 2014
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Emz_190

Thank for you choosing Castleknock Hotel for your family break & I am delighted you and your family enjoyed it overall. I will certainly take note of your points mentioned and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I hope we can welcome you back soon

Andover, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

When I saw I had been put into a hotel next to a golf course I did wonder - but no problem, it seems to have a wider clientele than just old guys with the hats and bright trousers. Huge room equipped with everything I needed. A wedding was going on - is there any hotel these days which isnt hosting a wedding every saturday night - but the music ended promptly at midnight. Forgot to arrange an early morning call and slept in until 9 am in total silence - gigantic comfy bed had a lot to do with this. Every member of staff smiling and charming, everything polished and clean, great lifts, fast ones. I ate two breakfasts here and you could eat every day for a week without exhausting the options on their menu or out on the fruit, hot and cold buffet areas. I'd definitely come here again even if i had to pay for it myself…. which, lucky me, I didnt on this visit. Lucky enough to eat here on the first night too, delicious. Much busier on the saturday than on the Sunday night, fair enough, plenty of staff in the bars and a glass of bubbly to make up for having to wait for our table.

Room Tip: on second floor - the odd numbers look out over the car park at the front.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Liz T

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your review. It makes me feel very proud of our team of staff when I read reviews like yours and I am delighted this added to the overall enjoyment of your stay. We have live music every weekend evening in our lobby, it is great to know you had time to sit & enjoy the atmosphere.

Thank you again & I hope we can welcome you back

Yours Sincerely,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had our wedding in Castleknock hotel on the 10th May 2014 and it was the best day of our life.
All started when we had to choose the venue for our wedding and in Castleknock we met Siobhan which got our attention and was so helpful and nice to us, literally she convinced us to have our wedding there just by using her own charm.
Then, as we were approaching the big day, we were introduced to Sinead Codd, which made it all possible for us. She helped us so much every time we had to go and discuss about the menu or everything we wanted to change regarding the wedding room, from colors, drinks, arrangements to even raise the bridal table on a stand. Everything was fantastic, on the big day we couldn't be happier, Arthur was looking after the service and he did a real good job.
After that we spent 3 nights in a lovely suite in their hotel, everything was clean and the room was so beautiful decorated, and more than all it was very quiet, exactly what we needed after such an important event.
I must say that we are not easy to be pleased, but the Castleknock team made our dream come true. We even had people at our wedding saying that this is the wedding of the year!
So well done to you guys!
I'm recommending this hotel to everyone !

Room Tip: Rooms are very clean, quiet and very well decorated.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,223 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had a voucher for this hotel so decided to use it for afternoon tea. At €14.95 per person I felt it was good value for what you get and the food was freshly prepared and plentiful. There was a fair selection of sandwiches and plenty of desserts and cakes, so much so that we struggled to eat them all! They were delicious. The staff were very attentive and ensured we were being looked after with fresh tea etc. This was despite the fact that it was very busy with confirmations and conferences at the time. I was really impressed and will definitely return again with friends for a treat!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank champkis
Dear champkis

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback. This is greatly appreciated as we have very recently made improvements to our Afternoon Tea Menu, so I am delighted these improvements impressed you & your friends and that you enjoyed your afternoon.

I hope we can welcome you back soon

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Could not have been more disappointed with the standard at this hotel. While everything looks good from the outside, the service was not as it should have been and the room was extremely average.

Upon arrival I went straight to the bar to get something to eat to keep myself going until dinner. After sitting at one of the tables, I eventually had to get up and order at the bar as nobody was coming to take my order. I ordered the soup as I wanted something fast and cheap. After waiting at least ten minutes, I asked the bar man if my order had been forgotten about (it was just the soup of the day after all!). He was very apologetic and was kind enough to discount the soup off the bill. Sadly, this tardiness and lack of attention was only a sign of the overall poor service of the staff.
We stayed in one of their suites and while it was very spacious, one of the two tv's didn't work and the other tv was too small, old and cheap and the remote didn't work. Also the phone was broken, there was no hair-dryer and the back of the bathroom door was completely worn and scratched. There was also a "pillow menu" which I'm sure the hotel prides itself on as one of their perks but sadly there was only one kind of pillow available - the Japanese buckwheat pillow - which was awful in my opinion!
The restaurant was under construction at the time of our visit so we dined in a conference room with a 20% discount for the inconvenience. While I'm happy to say that the food was of an excellent standard, the staff's attentiveness was dreadful and certainly didn't match the menu prices. We certainly wouldn't have eaten there only for the discount and I would most definitely not go back.
While the quality of the dinner was excellent, the same can't be said for their breakfast buffet. The sausages, rashers and black pudding were the cheapest crap you'd find in the supermarket. Incredibly disappointing. There were three or four additional menu options but I believe these were extra(!) and personally not that inviting.
The leisure facilities were probably the one area of the hotel where I have little real criticism of. Their facilities were excellent and clean. However, it seemed that people tended to leave their water cups lying around the steam room which the staff seemed slow to clean up and also their bathroom facilities were cheap and tired. Something I admit the hotel has little control over but I feel nevertheless merits mention is that I shared the changing room with two "gentlemen" who were discussing how their friend's Audi R8 had been repossessed and how one of them had to pay a fine of €50 for "scrapping with that copper". Charming.

Overall I was very disappointed with our stay. While our room was comfortable and everyone was very friendly, the attentiveness of staff was woeful. This is not a high end luxury hotel as their website and more importantly, their prices suggest. It's average... incredibly average.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank N4G
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear N4G

Thank you for taking the time to pass on such detailed feedback. I am very disappointed on reading your comments as this is not our usual standards by any means & I do apologise for your inconvenience.

We have recently fully refurbished our Brasserie restaurant, as you mentioned, this was being done during your stay. During which time we opened up an alternative function room for our guests to dine in, offering the least amount of disruption as possible.

I am delighted you found the dinner of excellent quality but sorry you felt differently about the breakfast. Our team of staff and managers are constantly working together & making improvements throughout the Hotel with continued on-going projects, always aiming towards offering a 5 Star Service in a 4 Star Hotel.

Thank you again and please know I have taken all points on board

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a trip with work. Arrived on Sunday morning and despite the hotel being busy due to One Direction being in town our room was ready. The twin room was lovely with plenty of room for 2 girls stuff. The staff on reception were really helpful and gave us a little map to point us in the right direction to get a bus into Dublin plus a timetable. We ate one night in the hotel and found it a bit pricey but that's to be expected in this sort of hotel. The service was good and the food excellent. We ventured out to the Carpenters Arms the next night which was cheaper and we thought better value for money but that's a pub for you. The spa area was lovely although we didn't expect to have to wear swimming hats. Breakfast was delicious with a good selection and great service. We were staying there for work and the reception were more than happy to organise taxis for us to our training centre. All in all great stay and I'd definitely return if I am in the area again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear rubysyummymummy

Many thanks for your feedback. I am delighted that you received an early check in and I hope this added to the overall enjoyment and comfort of your stay.

I am thrilled you chose to dine in the Hotel during your stay with us and that you each enjoyed your meal. Just to mention, swimming hats are essential for everyone using the pool, this is for health & safety reasons only. I do hope you relaxed in our Swimming Pool, Sauna, Jacuzzi & Steam room.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Guy Thompson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
#5 of 153 in Dublin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,346 reviews
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa
Finnstown Castle Hotel

Been to Castleknock Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!