“The restaurant”
Review of Castleknock Hotel

Castleknock Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Castleknock
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

The room itself is lovely presented well. The staff are very nice .The waiter we had was called Keith , He was a lovely person helped us out with the menu was lovely to speak to and had a laugh with us which was good .

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ross U
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Ross U

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to dine in Castleknock Hotel. I will ensure your comments are passed onto Keith.

Thank you again, this is much appreciated & I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Your Sincerely
Guy Thompson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,438)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was surprised with a weekend stay last weekend to Castleknock and having never heard of it I didnt know what to expect.
There was an intangible good vibe from the second we stepped up the red carpet (not for us but a due to arrive bride and groom!) into the large lobby with a beautiful seating area etc.
A friendly greeting from reception and a non existent wait for the lift and we found ourselves in our room.
Bright, clean, usual features of tea/coffee, spotless bathroom and massive bed! Unfortunately our view was of the car park which led to some noise when the wedding guests were making their way home (this along with the steam room being out of order and a vacant bar on friday night are the only things i can find fault with.)
We had bar food on friday night in the hotel and made the most of the outside patio area, and break in the rain! Soaked up some sun and the food was yummy. We then went inside to what felt like a jazz bar but there were no bar staff behind the bar, although once a waitress had seen us she kept the drinks coming from the main bar.
Breakfast was delicious and offered all that one would expect with fresh fruit etc as well as cooked breakfast options. on the second morning we were invited into the restaurant part of the breakfast area away from the buffet and it was a bit nicer, but no real complaints.
We spent some time in the pool which was a little deep for me as im quite short (not the hotels fault) but the jacuzzi and sauna were lovely although unfortunately the steam room was out of order.
on our last day we treated ourselves to some spa treatments. I opted for a shelac manicure and my partner had a back massage. No complaints from him and Shona who looked after me was an absolute star, so pleasant and friendly.
We bid a sad farewell yesterday and made the journey home with promises of a return visit soon.
I was just so impressed with the little things the hotel had thought of, I loved the special little drinks available for children at breakfast, the reading glasses available for people who forgot theirs, all the info on things to see and do was so readily available, wi fi was great, staff were all really lovely and I would love to come back with my son and use the kiddies park and kids club which were available. Housekeeping staff left room immaculate after each visit. the vending machines which provided the unfortunate option of snacks! lol
All in all a wonderful visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear caraco0

I am delighted to know how impressed you were and thank for taking the time to pass on your positive feedback. It is great to know that you found your bedroom spotless, bright and clean and that you had time to enjoy some sun on our south facing terrace.

I will ensure to pass on your comments to the relevant staff members mentioned. We do feel the small details are extremely important to our guests overall comfort and enjoyment, so I am delighted you noticed these details along the way.

Thank you again & I hope to welcome you and your family back soon

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here for one night as a family trip to Dublin. We were very impressed with the hotels facilities such as the swimming pool, golf course and free wifi. The room was clean and modern. I gave it 4 stars as I did find the breakfast to be very poor.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank snoops2two
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear snoops2two

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your review and for choosing Castleknock Hotel for your Dublin Break. I am delighted to know you had time to use our swimming pool and other facilities in the Hotel.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a great hotel and the service from the staff was second to none. They were always very busy but still managed to be friendly and helpful. It was highlighted that if you choose to eat breakfast between 9 and 10 there would be a queue and indeed there was but despite how busy it was staff managed to smile which is refreshing as I have stayed in other great hotels with unhelpful staff and it is annoying!

The only negative was the shower head could have been cleaned better.

I would definitely stay again. There was also a kids club in the evening which we didn't use this time but might if we go back!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear JoMoff

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, this is greatly appreciated.
I am delighted our friendly team of staff added to the overall enjoyment of your stay. I hope we can welcome you and your family back again soon

Reviewed 6 August 2014

No complaints at all, staff all very professional and very friendly, the hotel was was brilliant,the grounds outstanding, food excellent, visited the golf course as well, the pro was very nice. Course was excellent, Can't wait to go back had a brilliant relaxing 4days, thankyou castleknock.

Paul Linda and wee Joel.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank paul m
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear paul m

I really appreciate the time taken to pass on your review.
I am delighted you & your family enjoyed your 4 day break with us. It is great to know you had time to use the facilities on-site and found our team of staff friendly & professional.

Thank you again & we look forward to welcoming you all back soon

Reviewed 5 August 2014

No complaints here.... Lively... Good golf... Patient staff and lovely tonic spa... Perhaps better selection on menu in restaurant but overall good and I will hopefully use again and would recommend to friends...

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
GM_Castleknock_Hotel, General Manager at Castleknock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Mummylonglegs2014

Thank you for your comments and for the recommendation.
This is greatly appreciated & I hope we can welcome you back soon

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Castleknock to attend a friends wedding and stayed for 2 nights. The hotel and grounds are amazing, the staff are very professional and efficient. My husband lost his jacket - well left it in the wedding reception function room. The next day the housekeeping and front of house staff went above and beyond to try to locate the jacket for him. The food was wonderful and the spa is just out of this world. It is a little pricey, however, if you are looking for 5* treatment then this is the place to go.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PaulaC502014

Dear PaulaC502014

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am very grateful for the time taken to pass on your review. I am delighted you found the staff excellent and that this added to your overall enjoyment.

I hope you enjoyed your friend’s special day.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Guy Thompson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleknock
Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa
Twelfth Lock Hotel
Twelfth Lock Hotel
#3 of 3 in Castleknock

Been to Castleknock Hotel? Share your experiences!