I joined my family for an 80th birthday party . At 40 euro a head for the meal it wasn't cheap . From start to finish the meal was dreadful . There were two starters a melon starter and vegetable soup that could only be described as tasteless . This was followed by Turkey and ham that was so salty it was sickening . The vegetables that were served with it were so overcooked they were mush and very bland . There was no improvement on the desert . A small apple pie with a spot of cream lacked of flavour . I was so disappointed as I had looked forward to the meal . I wasn't the only one to feel this way . I don't know they could get such a simple dinner so wrong . Many of our party were also left disappointed with their meal .
I had a right to be sceptical about the breakfast the next morning . The hot food was Luke warm and must have been the cheapest produce that the hotel could source . We had to witness an older staff member berate a young girl on how to carry dishes and we were not asked did we want tea or coffee instead we had to get up and ask another waitress for some .
We stayed for lunch as some of our party were playing golf . A portion of chips took more than 40 minutes to reach our table . I thought that they were digging the potatoes themselves . The chips were very nice but it was to little to late . I then went to the bar to get a soft drink . I was ignored for 15 minutes before I was eventually served with no apologies . One of our party was served soup with no spoon and she had to walk around looking for staff to get one .
On the plus side the rooms were very nice and clean and the pool facilities were also .
I won't be visiting this hotel again . There are much better hotels out there for the price we paid .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, the multi award winning 4 star hotel, right on the doorstep of Dublin City. Castleknock Hotel & Country Club is an award-winning modern 4 star hotel set in lush grounds with an onsite golf course, located beside the Phoenix Park, Dublin. Specialising in corporate stays, conferences, golf breaks, weekend weddings and relaxed family and leisure visits, the hotel is just 15 minutes from Dublin city centre and 20 minutes from Dublin Airport with easy access on the M50, but feels like a world away from the bustle of the city with its tranquil countryside setting. Just outside Castleknock village, the stylish but informal and relaxed Castleknock Hotel and Country Club is a spacious, modern hotel which, with its expansive views over the golf course and surrounding countryside, makes a delightfully pleasant base for both business and leisure guests. With an 18-hole golf course, a deluxe day spa, a well-equipped leisure centre, award-winning restaurants and welcoming bars, an innovative meeting and events offering, substantial sports screens, outdoor BBQ and children's playground, it's everything that could be required from a great resort hotel, all under one roof. Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, AA Ireland's Hotel of the Year 2014, has 138 guest bedrooms, most of which were recently refurbished in 2015. Some of our upgraded rooms offer amenities such as SMART TV's, Nespresso machines, premium sports channels and high speed WiFi. Bedrooms are spacious and bright, comfortably furnished, and many with charming views over the manicured greens and careful planting of the undulating 18-hole parkland course at Castleknock Hotel & Country Club, one of the closest golf hotels to Dublin city. Winner of over 32 local, national and international awards since 2009, Castleknock Hotel & Country Club is a luxury property designed to meet the needs of the most discerning guest, whether staying for business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Castleknock Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castleknock Hotel And Country Club
- Castleknock Hotel & Country Club County Dublin