“Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leopardstown
ireland
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed here for one night in September.The hotel was very busy as it was the night before the All Ireland football final.Check in was efficient and when I looked to change my room for another on a higher floor there was no issue.The room was large and very clean .The rooms are soundproofed so there no noise at night.Breakfast was good with a plentifull selection of food .We have stayed in this hotel on numerous occasions and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: A room on a high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ColmMurphy, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear sflynn8,
Thank you for your very kind review for Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. We hope to see you back with us again soon.

Kind Regards

Colm Murphy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Greek first
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here for a Saturday night stay in September. I had got a good deal on booking.com.

Room
I had a double room on the 6th floor. It looked out the office blocks towards the luas stop. The room had a double bed, a table and two chairs - it also had a sofa bed in the room. The only issue I would have is that it had the old style 4:3 TV. The picture was a bit distorted as all the tv channel broadcast in widescreen now. It wasn't a flat screen and I couldn't plug the HDMI out from my ipad into it. Not a big deal but I would expect most hotels to have a more modern TV at this stage.

Location
The hotel was located just off the M50 which made driving access very easy. It is also right beside the Green Luas line (Central Park station). I used the luas to go into the centre and to go to Dundrum. Parking is €10 for the night in the underground carpark but you can come and go as you wish for that. The hotel itself is situated in a newly constructed office block/apartment location so there is not alot around the hotel. That didn't bother me though

I ate in the bar for dinner and I had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning. The breakfast was a buffet style. €12 for the hot breakfast buffet. You could only visit the buffet once though. Usual full Irish with cereal, pastries, fruit etc.

Hotel Facilities
There is a small mini gym in a converted meeting room in lower ground floor. It has a nice selection of equipment only I only used the treadmill. There was nobody else using it when I was there. There was a large screen TV on the wall but it didn't seem to have a signal. You have to sign in a reception to get the key to the gym. The only downfall was that you have pass through the lobby/bar area to get to and from the gym.

Overall I thought the hotel was a great useful location and with my rate on booking.com was great value. It would be even more value if two had been staying in the room. I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank dee153
Dear Dee 153,
Thank you for your review for Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was delighted to read your many positives.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future

Bologna
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I've stayed in this hotel twice as the office I was visiting was nearby. The staff are generally very friendly, however the slightest issue will bring out a hard side. The first time I visited I booked a double room - room only rate. and I was put in the family room which does not have a double bed but two single beds with two separate sheets and two separate duvets pushed together. A bottle of water is €4 in the room. I asked to move rooms as I booked a double room with a double bed. She told me I was in that room because there were no double rooms available, despite my booking. I was moved to a family room which she assured me would have a double bed. I went in, and the "double bed" again was 2 single beds with separate bed sheets & duvets, but it was late and it was only one night so I stayed there.

The second time I stayed I booked through their website. I booked the real deal offer which was bed and breakfast + dinner for 50 a night. I arrived and breakfast and dinner were not included. If I wished to have dinner or breakfast I was free to add it on at breakfast 12/night (even though it's 9 in the restaurant) and dinner for 20 a night. So over all €32 per night in addition to the money I had already spent. I opted out.

In addition to this there was no soap in either room on arrival. Staff are unwilling to help with problems- I just tried to book a third time(more fool me) I rang and was told the hotel is booked out, but I could book online. Did so. And received confirmation. I rang again to make sure, given they said it was booked out and low and behold it worked. However, I was in touch with a rude, abrupt manager (the same woman I had been dealing with before) and I have decided to cancel my reservation for a hostel in the city centre as I do not wish to deal with bewleys hotel again. Putting that in perspective, I have opted for a mixed dorm an hour away from my destination instead of a 3* hotel with my own room at a 3 minute walk because of the poor and rude service I have received.

I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: "family rooms" have 2 separate beds with 2 separate sheets and 2 separate duvets pushed to...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear ali60135,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was sorry to read you did not receive the best experience while trying to book with us.
I would be grateful if you would contact me directly regarding your issues my email is colm.murphy@bewleyshotels.com .
I look forward to hearing from you.

Colm Murphy

Travellers are raving about these Leopardstown hotels

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Nice hotel, bigger and better rooms than average for a hotel of this price, good breakfast, wonderful staff, but very poor wifi
Make sure you don't get a room overlooking the courtyard (even numbered rooms) as the aircon noise will be disturbing for some

The location is poor - there is nothing at all nearby except a LUAS stop to get away from the hotel

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room overlooking the courtyard (even numbered rooms) as the aircon no...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ohforfs
Dear xbsurrey,
Thank you for your kind review of Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. We did have an issue regarding the WIFI but this has now been sorted out.
I do hope I get to welcome you back to Bewleys Hotel in the near future

Monaghan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We'd stayed here before a couple of years ago and as we were in the area thought we'd stay here again. We spent ages trying to find a parking spot, the spaces are small with lots of concrete pillars dotted about and as cars are getting larger they were taking 2 spaces or squashing in where they could so be warned if you are taking your pride and joy. We knew of the charge for parking but still do not think it's fair you have to pay extra for parking as it's not a city centre hotel. We booked a family room on the 2nd floor and it was large and had a sofa, single and double bed, they had supplied a travel cot as I put the age of our child as 2yrs which was a nice touch seeing as I hadn't booked one. The only fault I had with the room was that the pillows were too soft and would have been nice to have a choice like a hotel chain in the UK. Oh, and only drink the bottled water supplied if you are willing to pay the €4 charge per bottle. There was a radiator which heated up quickly when we needed heat. We arrived at 8pm and as we checked in the receptionist booked us in at the restaurant for 8.30, when we got there it wasn't overly busy but we did have to wait a long time for our food to come which we were surprised about due to it not being busy. While I was eating I realised I'd forgotten to buy some milk before we arrived and as my husband didn't fancy leaving the car park for fear of not getting parked again we asked the waitress if there was a shop near by, she said there wasn't but she said she'd ask the manager if she could give us some milk and as we asked for the bill she presented us with a generous supply which was very good of them. Breakfast was nice but a bit confusing and had to ask how it worked as you join the queue and at the till either give your room number of pay if breakfast is not in your hotel price. Staff at checkin and the restaurant were curtious and helpful. All in all a good hotel with hidden extras.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper request a room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear eeyoreAly,
Thank you for your kind review of Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and that my team looked after you. Regarding the carpark we are in the process of having the spaces re mapped so hopefully this will assist in making it more user friendly.
I do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Tipperary, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

They car park at Bewley's Hotel Leopardstown is not safe to park your car in, my car was broken into on the 24th August in the 2nd level of their car park and apparently the CCTV did not cover the area where my car was parked. I was under the impression that all areas were covered with CCTV especially as 2 cameras were in view of my car.

The hotel staff kept fobbing me off saying they will get someone more experienced to look at the CCTV and that they will get the manager to ring me back, They never rang me back I had to chase them up on it all the time. But still no information from them. Their customer service is totally lacking. I was disgusted by their behaviour from a big chain of hotels.

I have stayed in many Bewley's hotels over the years and have never received such bad customer service.

I will never stay here again and if you value your possessions you won't either, The car park is not a safe place to park your car and they charge you 10 euro a night for an unsafe car park.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank meta24
Linda F, Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, 30 January 2016
Dear Valued guest ,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to announce that we are now a Clayton Hotel . Should you wish to book again , please contact us at reservations.leopardstown@claytonhotels.com and we would be delighted to assist with your reservation.
Warm Regards,
Linda Folan,
Operations Manager
Carlow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed in Bewleys hotel leopardstown for just one night as part of a work package. I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. Water is provided in the room but at €4 per bottle i'd advise that you walk accoss the road and about 200 yards to shop where you can get 2 bottles for €2.
Room was large and comfortable but no air conditioning in my room on 5th floor so was very warm during the night. Breakfast was tasty but the kitchen closed at exactly 11.30 as was timetabled for saturday mornings so I was not able to get a cup of tea as I hadnt bothered when getting my meal so a bit more flexibility with the times would have been nice.

Room Tip: Lovely view from the front with glimpse of sea but noisy traffic during the night if windows left op...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear BrendanCarlow,
Thank you for your kind review of Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope to get to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Colm Murphy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leopardstown
The Beacon
Royal Marine Hotel
#1 of 5 in Dun Laoghaire
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,936 reviews
Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin

Been to Clayton Hotel Leopardstown? Share your experiences!