“Disappointingly basic ”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leopardstown
worcester, uk
“Disappointingly basic ”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Having had lots of good experiences in the bar and restaurant over the years when we needed to book a room for a large family event we didn't hesitate in coming here. Sadly the rooms were basic , tired and outdated. There were no complimentary toiletries, towels were thin and hard. The soap and shower gel dispensers held skin stripping blue "soap". The so -called power shower was some sort of weird Eco thing that turned it from a power shower to something you had to run around in to get wet ! The television was something from the '80's. There were no tea & coffee making facilities to be found although having had to hunt for extra towels I couldn't be bothered with more searching.
Altogether a very disappointing stay.

Stayed March 2014
ColmMurphy, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Nice-shoes-mummy,
Thank you for reviewing Bewleys Hotel Leoaprdstown.
We do have a green policy that is advertised in the bathroom regarding our shower heads and shower gels. Should you have not found these satisfactory you should have notified one of the team and we could have got an alternative for you. Each room has a drawer in the room that is clearly marked TEA/Coffee, inside this you will find a selection of tea's and coffee with the ususal kettle, cups and saucers etc.
We are in the process of changing our tv sets in the hotel and have just completed the first phase of this.
I am sorry that you did not entirely enjoy your stay with us, but I do hope that should you be in the area again looking for a hotel room again, that you do consider staying with us.

Colm Murphy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I was recently visiting this hotel for a business meeting and I was very disappointed on the quality of the food and beverage staff and them knowledge. I ordered a latte as I arrived a bit early and when it's arrived the plate under the cup was full of coffe. Actually I love my coffee in the cup and not outside of it. The girl name Bridget was shaking with the coffee on The way to the lobby . And after I played she was running around with my money for at least 5 mins . I would really recommend to the managers that to take a closer look on them f&b department and make changes as soon as possible.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Uriel Iteniel G... H
Dear Nice-shoes-mummy,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience in Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown.
I would be grateful if you would contact me directly on colm.murphy@bewleyshotels.com to find out what went wrong on your recent visit.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Colm Murphy

Travellers are raving about these Leopardstown hotels

Kildare
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I've stayed here a few times now. The location is a bit out of the way but the Luas is only a minute walk away. We went into the bar after being out all day and the bar staff could have been friendlier. They were polite and service was good but they didn't seem to want to interact with the customers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TTKildare,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay in Bewleys Hotel Leoapardstown.
I was glad to read your many positive points.
I have raised your issue regarding the bar with the Food and Beverage Manger.
I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Colm
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here as we were going to gig in The 02, and this was nearest available hotel, given the weekend that it was. Hotel supply a shuttle bus to the venue which is a great service.
Unfortunately there was a problem with the water supply to the hotel, on sat night and sun morning. However the hotel dealt with this problem well, sometimes its easier to judge a hotel on how they deal with a problem, rather than when everything is going well. Would have no problem returning to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
ColmMurphy, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear michaelcL8600LD,
Thank you for your kind review for Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

scotland
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Just back from Dublin and had a great time.

Check in ..
easy , the receptionist , young with lovely smile and wavy hair, was very professional and we got into our room early which we didn't expect. Some of her male colleagues could take note.

Location
The hotel is out of the centre but is easily accessed via the LUAS
We booked room only , and bought breakfast on the first morning ( had to leave at 7 for a flight).The breakfast was lovely .
We sat in the bar for a drink late one night , lovely comfy chair.

Rooms
Our room was big , and very clean.The bathroom was fine , shower was a bit strange but did the job. No fancy toiletries but that didn't bother us , I take my own anyway and to be honest we only paid £115 for 2 nights so I don't expect to get fancy toiletries.

One thing that needs upgrading is the fitness area. It wasn't really clean and the bike and treadmill didn't work . There were no cups in the water cooler.

Checkout was easy , and the male receptionist explained the airport bus.

Travel to airport by bus couldn't be easier.The bus comes right up to the hotel doors.

• Stayed March 2014
ColmMurphy, Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear jamrox,

Thank you for taking the time to review Bewleys Hotel leopardstown.I was glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us.I do apologize that our treadmill and bike were not functional at the time of your stay and can assure the matter is being look into and will be fully functional for your next stay.

I do hope to welcome you back in the near furture,

Simon Cummins
Duty Manager
Cork
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stay here regularly - approx every second week. It's close proximity to the Luas makes it ideal for work. It is also only two minutes from the M50. Yes that's a genuine two minutes not an estate agents two minutes! So it's location is brilliant. We have always found the level of cleanliness to be consistently very high with spotless bathrooms and crisp white bedlinen. They beds are comfortable and there is extra bedding in the cupboard if required. Tea/Coffee making facitities are in the room along with a hairdryer and Iron with Ironing board. I personally have high standards when it comes to customer care as I want to be made feel that my custom is valued and appreciated. Bewleys Leopardstown meet these high expectations of mine. I find their customer service to be very good. I always receive a friendly and welcoming check in each time. If you meet housekeeping staff in the corridor or in the lifts they always smile and say hello or good morning etc. It might seem like a small thing to some but I like to see it. Wide choice at breakfast and tasty evening meals. I haven't eaten here during the day so can't comment on that. My husband uses the gym and is happy with it. I haven't used it or even seen it so can't comment! Underground car park can get very busy at the weekends but you'll find a spot eventually. Oh I nearly forgot...the rooms are extremely quiet. I've never had a noise issue which is a major factor for me when choosing a hotel. I need my sleep!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lucy N,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown.
It gives me great pleasure to read that we have lived up to your high expectations.
I know our car park can be busy at some times through out the week,and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.In furture if you do have any difficulties finding a car park space, Please do contact reception,and I can assure you we can acommodate your car.

I do hope to welcome you back in the near furture.

Simon Cummins
Duty Manager
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I've stayed at the Bewleys, Leopardstown three times so far and I have no doubt I will continue to do so when staying in the area (particularly given that it's a 2minute walk from my client's office).

Location is fine - certainly if you are in the Leopardstown area or even as a good value alternative for Dublin centre, thanks to the Luas service that takes you from right outside the hotel, to the city centre. Not so convenient for the airport as it's a 50-60 Euro cab ride (there is a cheaper but slower bus service).

No problems with service - check-in and check-out were quick enough and there is a rapid check-out available if necessary. I didn't dine in the hotel so I can;t comment on that.

One thing to remember when rating the rooms is that this is 3* accommodation - obviously star ratings are not always an indicator of quality and I've recently stayed in some 5* hotels that were, in my opinion, at about the same standard as this one except nowhere nearly as good value.

The rooms are more functional than grand but you get all the basics - tea/coffee making facilities, a small flip-out ironing board and (non-steam) iron and a desk. The wi-fi is free and, unusually for free internet access, actually quite decent ( at least from the rooms I've stayed in on the 5th floor). The only negatives I would make are that the double/king beds are basically two mattresses and there's a very obvious and uncomfortable ridge where the two meet; also, there are no sockets next to the bed.. annoying if you want to charge your smartphone (which is also your bedside alarm clock) and finally, I noticed quite a bit of damp/mould in the corner of the bathroom ceiling.

Other good points - vending machines and an ATM (that doesn't charge you a withdrawal fee) on the ground floor and a fitness centre available at no cost for guests.

in my opinion, the hotel is very good value and I'd have no hesitation in recommending it when staying in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear MProudfoot ,
Thank you for reviewing your stays in Bewleys Hotel Leopadstown. I was glad to read you are a regular visitor.
I do hope you continue to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Colm

Colm Murphy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leopardstown
The Beacon
IMI Residence Dublin
#2 of 2 in Sandyford
Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge
Clayton Hotel Burlington Road

Been to Clayton Hotel Leopardstown? Share your experiences!