“Clean, quiet, well located”

Clayton Hotel Leopardstown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leopardstown
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Not a high class hotel, but well priced, clean and functional. The staff are friendly, breakfast is good, with plenty to choose from, and the location is excellent - especially if, like me, you need to visit Vodafone - which is literally next door! Transport to and from the hotel/airport is cheap and easy. I used the Aircoach. Getting into the city is an easy stroll to the Tram from the hotel, and a short journey. The rooms are spacious, the beds are good quality and the bathroom is adequate. My room had a shower above the bath and plenty of hot water. For a reasonably priced, easy stay without the trimmings, I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ColmMurphy, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear helenwattie,
Thank you for your review for Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown.
I was glad to meet your expectations during your recent stay. Should you have any further hotel requirements in the area I do hope that you will consider using us again

Kind Regards,

Colm Murphy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,287)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

+ Good rooms
+ Close to the business park & luas

- Luggage handed to the care of the hotel can be picked up by anyone.
- Policy states that only 150,- euro will be given as compensation if this happens.

For business reasons I moved from Germany to Ireland, since I was not able to find accomodation from the start, I chose to book a hotel close to my work while searching.

The rooms are clean, quite big and well finished, and even a small water cooker is provided to make tea or coffee. I have had no issues with cleaning, and the provided washing line in the bathroom, the iron, and the clothespress made that I was able to look professional, and not like I was living out of a suitcase.

This last word is where the bitter taste kicks in:
With my new position, also a training in San Francisco was mandatory, where I chose to leave some of the luggage I had with me when moving to Ireland, in the care of the hotel. After all they provide these services. On the door it said that the personell should not forget to give out a luggage tag when accepting the care for certain luggage, they did not give me one.
However when I came back from my trip to pick up the suitcases I had left there, one of them was nowhere to be found.

Efforts have been made to track down where the suitcase had gone, and it became clear that it had been picked up by (most probably) a German tourgroup. Sadly, I now lost about half the items I took with me when moving, and was only offered 150,- as a compensation for my lost luggage.

Room Tip: Room 556 was quite nice and has a nice view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim B
Linda F, Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to announce that we are now a Clayton Hotel. We do hope you will come and stay with us ,
Warm Regards,
L Folan,
Operations Manager.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My family and I stayed here for weekend break a month ago. This is our 4 time staying here and as expected it was an extremely pleasant stay. The staff were so helpful and very friendly. I must complement the house keeping and reception staff, nothing was too much trouble and I found them so very helpful.
Breakfast was lovely, loads to choose from for all my family. We had bar food the evening of our stay and it both tasty and good value.

We will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear 13nerak,
Thank you so much for your very kind review and indeed for all your buisness. I was delighted to read your many positive comments.
I do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel in March this year and found it to be a very enjoyable experience. The staff were extremely friendly especially in reception where no request for help or information was too much trouble. The rooms were comfortable and we're cleaned daily with fresh bed linen and towels etc. the food was also very good.
The hotel is also very close to the LUAS ( Tramway ) providing a quick and easy transport access into Dublin City centre.
We are now looking forward to our next visit and will definitely be guests at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
ColmMurphy, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Peter H
Thank you for your kind review for Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown.
I was delighted to read you are planning your next visit and I lookforward to welcoming you back to the hotel once that is planned

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed recently for 1 night whilst on a business trip. The hotel is extremely convenient for the business park where I had my meetings. Not great for enjoying the the city centre but there is a tram service close by. The bedroom decor and fittings are slightly dated but comfortable. However my biggest problem was the extremely poor wifi signal in the bedroom which prevented me emailing. I did point out the problem to the reception but they explained that they could not rectify the problem. I therefore had to work in the main public area which is not ideal.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear JefffPorter,
Thank you for your review of Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was delighted to read your many positive comments.
We are currently upgrding the WIFI in all of our hotels so I am sure on your next visit this will not be an issue.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed while on business for 1 night. Good value for money hotel that is right by the tram link into town in 20 mins but close to the business park that is nearby. Rooms clean, with comfy beds although decor a bit dated. Good buffet breakfast

Dear Wansfell,
Thank you for taking the time to review Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us.
I do hope I get to welcome you back in the future

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Recently stayed one night here...Expensive enough for what you get ....it's appeared quite a busy hotel possible why I felt it somewhat worn down ...along with staff....staff quite busy ..impersonal feel about place.
final nail in hotel was a room that smelled strongly of quite a heavy smoker long stay...with little attempts to get rid of smell except open window..

1  Thank Ed6466

Dear Eamon O ,
Thank you for taking the time to review Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was sorry to read that your stay wasnt 100% positive. I would welcome the chance to speak to you regarding your stay. I can be contacted on colm.murphy@bewleyshotels.com or 012935000.

Colm Murphy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leopardstown
The Beacon
Royal Marine Hotel
Royal Marine Hotel
#1 of 5 in Dun Laoghaire
Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin

Been to Clayton Hotel Leopardstown? Share your experiences!