“Poor”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leopardstown
County Kerry, Ireland
“Poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

When we arrived at the hotel, the receptionist was rude. She coldly told me that she would have to see if they had room available, even though I had booked and fully paid for the room. I explained that we had paid an extra €20 for early check in (which is very pricey! €10 an hour!) and she just looked blankly at me. There's a lot to be said for service with a smile!
When we got to the room the door was opened and the room looked as though it may have not been ready yet. There were no toiletries or facecloths in the room, luckily one of us had brought a bottle of shampoo, and I used a towel to wash my face. There were 3 of us staying in the room, but only towels for two people.
That night we were going to Marlay Park to Longitude festival, and in reception we asked if there was a bus service running. We were told that there was a bus for €6 return, which we thought was very reasonable. However, we spent over an hour after the concert looking for the bus, and we met a lot of other guests at the hotel looking for the same bus. When I rang the hotel, the man on the phone was unable to give directions to find the bus. Eventually we ended up paying €17 for a taxi back. When we got back we found that our room keys didn't work, we previously hadn't noticed because the door was opened when we arrived.

We paid €136 for the room, I consider this to be very over priced for the standards we received.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Guest0033
Linda F, Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, 9 February 2016
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to announce that we are now a Clayton Hotel. We do hope you will come and stay with us ,
Warm Regards,
L Folan,
Operations Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have nothing but glowing recommendations on this hotel. This was our first trip to Ireland, we spent three nights here, and three nights elsewhere. Everything was perfect about this hotel and the staff. I emailed the hotel manager (Colm) before my stay with some questions and received prompt and polite feedback. I arrived earlier than expected at the hotel (earlier than check in time) and was warmly greeted by Mario, (congratulated on our wedding, our account was noted) and given my room key immediately, even though I was early.
This was very close to the luas system which made getting back and forth from the city center quite easy.
I would happily stay here again.
Once we got off the plane we went to find a taxi, this was over 60 euro to get us to the hotel (no fault of the hotel). I do feel that our rate was high, however this was during a large five day event that was later cancelled, so I understand the price gouging, it still happened to be the most reasonable priced hotel when we were booking. If we had waited to book, after the event was cancelled I am sure the rate would have been less.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
ColmMurphy, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Hackman1982,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay.
We were delighted that you choose to stay with us for your honeymoon. Being at the foot of the Dublin Mountains and only 20 minutes from St Stephens Green we are well situated for such a stay.
I was glad to read that the staff all made you feel welcome and I do hope that on your next visit that you will consider us again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Checked in on Friday 25th July, Incas made a mistake on my booking, but thanks to the fact that the wonderful Guest Services Manager, I was looked after as off I had not. Good job I booked on the girls web site. Rooms look brand new and really clean. Breakfast was excellent. Luas tram nearby which is great for getting into City and Dundrum.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Gary G,
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay. I have passed these on to those concerened and they were only too happy to assist you.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight with the family. Firstly we booked online and got a price of £140 sterling then cancelled and got a "special deal" of £118. Rechecked prices online and they were 79 euro and heard a lady being quoted 69 euro in reception. When we spoke to reception the lady could not understand what we were saying and looked blankly at us!! Vending machines are just wrong in hotels. Breakfast is extra internet is extra and only 2 hand towels for a family. Chairs stained afraid to examine the bedding. Hot hot hot not pleasant

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Val H
Dear Val H,
Thank you for your review of Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown, I was sorry to read that you did not particularly enjoy your stay with us.
We do have a green policy that we are very proud of in the hotel and we store extra towels in the cupboard in the bedroom that is marked. Unfortunatly we do not regularly get hot weather in Ireland and as a result not many hotels have air conditioning, we do always have fans available from reception so should you ever return we would be delighted to provide you with one.
I do hope that we get the oppurtunity to welcome you back in the future.

KInd Regards

Colm Murphy

Travellers are raving about these Leopardstown hotels

NW Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I arrived for a business trip on July 22, 2014 early in the morning and can say it was an OK stay overall. The property was not spectacular and it was not awful. It was just okay. A couple points to make: No AC - This may be normal in Dublin but we actually stayed during a little warmer period so it was noticeable. The facilities looked slightly dated but were kept up very well. One downside - if you choose to print a boarding pass there is a 1.00 Euro charge per 7 minutes and an additional charge to print. I paid my Euro only to find that the internet was not working on the desk and the printer was out of ink. I would probably not stay here again in the future and instead stay somewhere nearer to downtown Dublin and commute via the train to Leopardstown.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear tankdagger,
Thank you for your review for Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was glad to read your many positive comments.
We are consistently upgrading our property and I do hope that you will return our your next visit to Dublin to experience this for your self.

Tramore, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here for the second time to go to a gig in Marley Park. Very pleased with the stay all around. We also availed of a great offer called "Marley & Me" which gives you a pint of beer on arrival, a BBQ snack which consisted of a large BBQ burger and chips, bus to Marley Park, collection after gig back to hotel and a pint of beer after gig - all for €20 (great value).
Lovely beer garden for when the sunshine is out. No complaints all around and a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: A must location of Marley Park