“Reliable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leopardstown
Ireland
“Reliable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stay in this hotel quite frequently with work. I like it as it is hassle-free, good value and has friendly, efficient staff. The food is excellent and consistently so. Breakfast provides a great choice and although usually very busy, the throughput is rapid. Bernie when there, is a bright, friendly and thoroughly professional manager who adds her own dimension to the personality of the affair. She is a huge asset to this hotel and the customer is paramount in her world. Dinner is superb and the restaurant food is a surprise in what is a standard fare hotel. Declan is one of the best managers I have met in that restaurant and will go to all lengths to ensure each customer is well looked after. Even when busy he is the epitome of professionalism and control. So.......I would recommend this hotel to all if you are looking for a non- fussy hotel which has a personality and a quality proposition for great value,

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank MariaGIreland
ColmMurphy, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Dear MariaGIreland,
Thank you for your kind review for Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I have passed on your kind words to the team.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Colm Murphy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Greek first
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Big rooms, check in and out was efficient, the hotel restaurant's food is better than you might expect, though I didn't try the bar food. The luas is close by for going into town. I didn't try breakfast but it didn't look great.

I didn't think the room was that clean - crumbs on the carpet when I checked in, and a pool of liquid soap from a dodgy soap dispenser that was not cleaned up in the 4 nights I was there.

No aircon, and so a bit noisy with the traffic if you have the window open, and you would need ear plugs in hot weather. However really soundproof in terms of noise from the other rooms. And the bed was very comfortable.

Not much in the area, but there is a shop and Thai restaurant (good) 2 minutes walk away. In the hotel there is a restaurant, cafe and a bar.

Wifi was really poor and it wasn't just my room, but other areas of the hotel as well - frustrating from a business point of view. But 'it's ok here sir' when reported to reception. At least they don't charge for it!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Muddybath
Thank you for your review for Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. We have recently invested heavily in our WIFI so I am sure if you were to return you would not find the same problem as before.
I do hope to get to welcome you back in the future

Donegal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in "family room". Room had double and single and sofa bed. However room was so small that I requested that the sofa bed be left as is otherwise we wouldn't be able to move around at all. Therefore I would advise against a family room in this hotel. Rooms are pretty basic. No soap or toiletries except soap dispenser in shower. They also charge for parking. I didnt eat or drink here because when we went into the room we came across the water bottles with a price of 4 euros. we didnt even bother spending any more here. I found it overpriced for what it was. My Six year old didnt like it and wanted to leave and what does he know! Lobby is quite elegant but the room i was in didnt reflect this at all. Breakfast was good though.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
1 Thank liviemc
Dear liviemc,
Thank you for your review for Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. In regards to the toiletries we do have a green policy in the hotel but should a guest prefer the individual items we do have them available also.
I am sorry that you did not get to sample some of our wonderful food but perhaps you may return on another occasion and do so.
I do hope to welcome you and your son back in the future for a more enjoyable experience that your past experience.

Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend when attending a play in Dublin. Hotel is very good value for money -rooms comfortable clean and spacious .We had a 6th floor corner room with good views over Dublin bay. Staff are efficient and booking in/out was painless.
Its a 1 minute walk to the Luas stop which is then 25 mins ride into the city centre or 7 mins into Dundrum town centre -There is nothing of interest in the vicinity of the hotel -so grab the +Eu 6 Luas all day/line pass paid for at the stop.
Car parking was 10eu for 3 days . Its immediately off the M50 junction so quite easy to get to without traffic congestion.
All in all a good value deal -particularly good if attending races or anywhere on the Southside .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Ilikegoodfood186470
Dear Ilikegoodfood186470,
Thank you for your kind review for Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I do hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Belfast, Northern Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Usually good for value. The hotel is in South county Dublin close to the M50 motorway. Although it is accessible by public transport (Luas; Aircoach terminal for service to Dublin airport) it is probably handier if you have a car. Parking overnight will cost 10 Euro. Breakfast can be paid for separately if required.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear M F,
Thank you for your review for Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I do hope I get to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Waterford, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on Wednesday night, ok room, ok hotel- although showers are more of a sprinkle than actual pressure. You'd get wetter if you were sneezed on!! Obviously no attention paid to showering facilities.
Checked out and noticed an extra charge of 99 euro. So we contacted reception about above charge....
Reply from reception was "we don't have time to resolve your issue as we are too busy!!! Check with your bank"
We then asked for a callback when they weren't too busy.

Manager called us back and made me feel like we were an inconvience asking for our money back. No Apology offered at any stage through the conversation. Very poor reflection of Managers ability.
Blame was passed to booking.com and then our bank. There is nothing more infuriating than managers passing the blame and not accepting that the issue exists.
We will not be staying here in the future. As it stands complaint is still unresolved.

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank Trevor P
ColmMurphy, Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, 19 September 2014
Dear TrevorpIre,

Thank you for taking the time review your stay here at Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown.
Our hotel is part of Green energy policy which we are very proud of. So our shower heads are specially fitted.

I'm sorry to hear there was a problem upon check-out regarding credit card payments. I will investigate this matter, and would be grateful if you email me your contact details to gsm.leopardstown@bewleyshotel.com.

I hope to resolve this matter, and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Simon Cummins
Duty Manager

Travellers are raving about these Leopardstown hotels

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed at the Bewley's Hotel Leopardstown when on a trip to Leopardstown Races. Great location and facilites. The most comfortable beds I have found in a hotel to date and that includes 5 star listings - like being at home. Although a busy hotel service is friendly and prompt and there is plenty of coming and going and the usual dose of holiday people watching can amuse. Bar facilites are good with plenty of different zones to gather should you be with a large or small group or just wanting a quiet chat or to watch sport coverage on the TV. My visit was while the USPGA Open golf was on with lots of friendly exchange while we watched Rory McIlroy win. While all the usual that you expect from a hotel impressed the true test is when something negative occurs which did while in the bar and loud singing started up. I had an awareness of this being dealt with as the singing stopped quite abruptly but started again almost immediately. I took note of how what seemed to be a stag gathering was being dealt with......some very awkward and drunk individuals would have intimidated most to approach and although broad minded on these matters the group was objectionable and almost spoiled what was a great evening. Management handled the situation in a most professional manner......some prickly characters were set to rest and the process was handled in a speedy, smooth and fair manner. Our fun evening continued. I will be back. The staff are a real team.

Room Tip: All seems much the same