Finnstown Castle Hotel
  • Pool
Castleknock Hotel(Castleknock)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$180
Aspect Hotel Parkwest(Clondalkin)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$133
CrownePlaza.com
US$86
1,064 results
All reviewsmain buildinggarden suitelong drivewaycountry housepeacock restaurantleisure centredrawing roomwedding venuebar foodbeautiful hotelsteam roomfamily rooman overnight staydublin cityfollowing morningstayed here for one nightfull irish breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My partner and I stayed here at the weekend for one night, on a dinner bed breakfast deal. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. It was a little difficult to find, well my sat nav was confused anyway. So, dinner was absoloutely top class, I really was expecting something mediocren but this was not the case. It was an interesting menu, 4/5 choices on each course. We had the venison and seafood starters, for mains I had pork medalions and my partner had duck. Struggled with desert, which was delicious. To top the evening off there was live music in the lounge, very pleasant, no problem having a conversation and also enjoying the music. I had only two minor gripes, 1. I booked a hotel room, but was given a self catering apartment - may suit some, didnt bother me all that much, but I would like to know in future at the time of booking. 2. Room Service charge for breakfast was eight euro each, a bit over the top I think, sixteen euro ?? Breakfast was lovely by the way. The staff in the restaurant were excellent, we had a very nice waiter during dinner, Miroslaw. It's a lovely old house, beautiful dining room, not at all stuffy. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1dakotaLeitrim
BarryMaher, General Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Dear 1dakotaLeitrim,

Thank you for taking the time to review Finnstown Country House Hotel. It is fantastic to hear we surpassed your expectations. We pride ourselves on the quality of food we service at Finnstown and the delivery of our service and am delighted this did not go unnoticed by yourself. I have passed on your very kind comments to Miro and the rest of the team

I look foward to seeing you on your return visit

Barry Maher

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Stayed here in September and enjoyed an excellent 6 night stay. Service was excellent from the hands on manager to Sean and Gabrielle in the dining room and indeed all the staff. Already looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
BarryMaher, General Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Dear Kerrymanforsam,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Finnstown Country House Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff are our greatest asset and work very hard to make sure every guest is treated indivdually and with the best service possible. I have passed on your fantastic comments to all the staff

Reviewed 21 October 2011

Stayed here for friends wedding. Hotel is set on fabulous grounds. Hotel staff were very helpful. We stayed in residence suites which has little courtyard or balcony.I was really impressed with hotel bar which has a lovely seating and feels very relaxed. Would highly recommend a stay here

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear Vwglen,

Thank you for taking the time to review Finnstown Country House Hotel, It is great to hear that you enjoyed your recent satay with us. We take alot of pride in making sure every bride and groom have the best day of there lives and that the guests attending are looked after in every way. I am delighted you noticed this during your stay.

I look foward to welcoming you back again

Reviewed 17 October 2011

My wife, 2 boys & I took advantage of a one night b&b offer through a popular loyalty card scheme, which turned out to be wonderful value break. Within an easy & quick drive from the city, the lovely driveway & mature tree-lined grounds reveal a beautiful house & outbuildings.
The reception staff and porter gave us a friendly and welcoming arrival, and our family room was spacious, comfortable & well equipped with lovely mahogany furniture.
The main house is fabulous, with high ceilings & lovely art work, and has a lovely bar area / drawing room, where we had pre-dinner drinks. Being a saturday night, the restaurant was busy, giving the room a lovely buzz, the pianist added furthermore to a lovely atmosphere. The food was excellent, perfectly cooked & well presented with generous portions. The service, whilst not seemless was friendly and coped well with a full room.
The following morning, following a very good sleep on the extraordinarily comfortable bed, we started our day with a dip in the pool. Whilst not huge, it was a lovely start to the day. A lovely self service breakfast followed, again served in the restaurant, which was again very busy, and was plentiful & hot! Whilst being seated our very pleasant waiter told us "don't be shy- help yourself"!!
Our experience at Finnstown finished with a brief stroll around the lovely gardens, and again a very friendly & efficient check out at reception.
In summary, we really enjoyed our stay, the staff (and clearly, the management) are doing a great job, and compliment the lovely setting wonderfully well. Prior posts are right, it is a little old fashioned, but that only adds to the charm. I'll take that over the many soulless hotels that have sprung up over so many parts of the country any day of the week...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Dear Irish_bear98,

Thank you for taking the time to review Finnstown Country House Hotel, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on the service we provide and the quality of food we serve. The staff work very hard to make sure that every guest leaves with a positive experience, I am glad this has been noticed by yourselves.

I look foward to welcoming you back again in the future

Reviewed 30 September 2011

Stayed in Finnstown house hotel for 3 nights from the 26/9/11 with my husband and 3 children ages 6,4 and 18 mths. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel itself ,set in such wonderful surroundings with beautiful gardens plenty of space for the kids to enjoy. The staff were amazing they did everything they could for us especially the breakfast staff,our kids spoilt for choice (hot chocolate and pancakes went down a treat!!)thanks Barry and all!! We ate in the peacock restaurant again food was superb and staff brilliant!! Their was also a small pool which the kids got great use of any really enjoyed,the only bad thing was the radiator in the family suite of our bedroom would not switch off so room got a bit hot but ,maybe that could be fixed for next time???/we ll definitely be back ,can't wait !!!Thanks to all for making our stay so memorable
ps we booked our stay with supervalu getaway breaks, brilliant value !!
pps adamstown train station is only a few mins drive from hotel and the train brings you directly to heuston station
ppps liffey valley shopping only ten mins drive away

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
BarryMaher, General Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Dear bzaziln,

Thank you for taking the time to review Finnstown Country House Hotel. I was delighted to read you review of our hotel and services we offer. We work very hard to make sure that we can cater for all types of guests and that every one leaves feeling they have been treated individually. I will pass on your very kind comments to all our staff. I look foward to welcoming you back again in the future

Barry Maher