“Close to Perfection”

Finnstown Castle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lucan
Reviewed 8 November 2011

A glorious example of how good Irish hospitality can be. I stayed here with my partner during the spring and I have to say it was one of the most relaxed and romantic weekends that we have spent anywhere in not alone Dublin but anywhere in Ireland. The setting is beautiful, the rooms warm and filled with character, the staff exceptionally friendly and the food sublime. Whether your are simple strolling around the grounds, reading the paper beside a inviting log fire, or enjoying a hot whiskey at the bar, I defy anyone not to fall in love with Finnstown House, looking forward to going back for a nice winter reTreat

Room Tip: Try and book room facing out onto the beautiful grounds!
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
BarryMaher, General Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Dear Libra D,

Thank you for taking the time to review Finnstown Country House Hotel. Myself and the staff are 'bowled over' by your fantastic review of the hotel. The staff are our biggest asset at the hotel and have been with us for many years, they really care about each guest and what impression the guest is leaving with. I am delighted this has not gone unnoticed.

I look foward to welcoming you back during you next stay

There are newer reviews for Finnstown Castle Hotel

Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night during September and I had such a nice time I'd love to go back! The hotel is at the end of a long(ish) driveway lined with trees, people walking their dogs and genearl first impressions were good. There was a wedding on the day we were there but the place wasn't packed and it seems the weddings are seperated to some extent from the main area which is good! The hotel looks great the garden was being tended to by a groundskeeper as we came in and the amount of care was clear to see - the place is gorgeous! inside the hall / reception area is oldie worldie... nice decor. guy on reception was super friendly, very chatty and geniunely nice. The rooms are spacious and I really liked that they had a selection of albums on the TV that you could listen to - nice touch while getting ready for dinner etc. We ate dinner in the bar, had a nice seat beside the window looking out into the gardens. food was yum. Breakfast was served in the restaurant part and the cereals / breads are self service with a full irish served to the table. One of the ladies serving was chatting away to other visitors recommending things to do in the area... lovely place to stay with a nice atmosphere I think the place has a lot of repeat customers and I can tell why :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear ElCoburno,

Thank you for taking the time to review Finnstown Country House Hotel, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff and myself take alot of pride in the hotel and we we spend alot of time on keeping the grounds in good order for our guests to enjoy. We do hold alot of weddings in the hotel during the year and are blessed with the layout of the hotel that the weddings do not need to clash with other guests stays as you have pointed out.

I have passed on your fantastic comments to all staff and look foward to welcoming you back on your next trip

Reviewed 7 November 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at Finnstown House and really wish we could have stayed longer. My husband and I stayed some years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it and decided to take the children along this time. We were not disappointed. The Family room was very spacious even with an extra bed in it and was right beside the small fitness suite. We took a lovely walk in the sunshine and then used the pool. Our evening meal was superb and the children were well catered for. Breakfast again was very good and all the restaurant staff were so friendly. It was refreshing to stay in a hotel which was not ultra modern but instead full of character with the added bonus of having a relaxing ambience. I hope that in time the hotel will update its pool facilities as they are a tad dated now and this would greatly enhance the wonderful facilities here. The hotel isn't that far from the Irish National Stud and Japanese Gardens which is well worth a visit and also the Kildare Outlet Village.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Dear LizG070,

Thank you for taking the time to review Finnstown Country House Hotel. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We have all sorts of guests that visit our hotel for all different reasons and we try our best to cater for all types of guests, during school holidays we do have alot of families that stay with us and our chef really goes out of his way to make a balanced, full and tasty childrens menu.

I look foward to welcoming you back for a longer break in the future

Reviewed 6 November 2011

Just spent the weekend with my family at the hotel. Self, wife and our four children in two adjoining rooms. Each room was spacious with a lounge area and joined via a 'mini conservatory area'.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. Restaurant food is great and nice wine selection too. Breakfasts superb. Kids (19, 5, 3 and baby) absolutely loved it, albeit two little ones didn't get to see the peacocks unfortunately! Set in great grounds and really is like being in the country. Excellent space for kids to explore.
Well done to the hotel and all the staff who were excellent! Oh and as the wife thought the same and found nothing to complain about, well it's gotta be great!

Room Tip: if a family, go for a 'Golf room'
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Zebedee1966

Dear Zebedee1966,

Thank you for taking the time to review Finnstown Country House Hotel, I am delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. The staff really go out of their way to ensure every guest is looked after and I am glad this did not go unnoticed.

I look foward to welcoming you back again in the future when I hope you will find the peacocks!

Reviewed 4 November 2011

We have been going to the Finnstown for 12 years and nothing else compares with it. The rooms have everything - the grounds are beautiful and peaceful - the food is excellent and the staff are friendly and helpful and remember us each time. We feel so at home - back again next year can't wait!

Dear PaddyCrean,

Thank you for taking the time to review Finnstown Country House Hotel. It is always fantastic to hear from a repeat guest, especially when the comments are so good. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and it lived up to your expectations from previous years. I look foward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

Just returned from our 10th visit to this fantastic hotel. Went with two sons and their families.Booked 3 rooms in long stay apartments and was like being at home--wonderful facilities. Have stayed in rooms previously and these are excellent as well.We have used this hotel for many years and introduced several family members--6 couples and 4 childrem and also been visited whilst there by other family members. Best hotel in the world and we have travelled the world over and the best breakfast in the whole wide world is FINNSTOWN without a doubt. Staff are brilliant and its like going home to one big happy family. Sean, Freda,Gabrielle,Bernard, Declan.Edwina for the bookings and giving us always what we request +Barry the manager +all staff too numerous to mention. FOOD mmmmmmmmmmmmm first class

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
BarryMaher, General Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Dear LenihanHuddersfield,

Thank you for such a glowing review on Finnstown Country House Hotel. It is always great to hear from a repeat customer such as yourselves, Over the years there has been many changes but we have managed to keep our loyal members of staff that you mentioned that really make the difference within the hotel. I am delighted you are recommending the hotel to so many others as this is our best form of advertising! I have passed on your fantastic comments to all the team including those who you have mentioned.

I look foward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed 2 November 2011

Stayed here each time we have been to Ireland for the last 7 years wouldn`t go anywhere else
staff fantastic, rooms superb, if you do see it ask and the staff and management will do their best to help.

Dear Pat B,

Thank you for taking the time to review Finnstown Country House Hotel. It is fantastic to hear from a repeat guest over so many years, There has been many changes over these years and I am delighted these have kept you coming back each year. We are constantly trying to raise our standards based on guest feedback and changing times. I hope to see you again in the future.

Barry Maher

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucan
Clontarf Castle Hotel
#1 of 3 in Castleknock
The Court Yard Hotel
The Court Yard Hotel
#1 of 4 in Leixlip

Been to Finnstown Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!