Finnstown Castle Hotel
  • Pool
Castleknock Hotel(Castleknock)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$194
Aspect Hotel Parkwest(Clondalkin)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$133
CrownePlaza.com
US$98
1,063 results
All reviewsmain buildinggarden suitelong drivewaycountry housepeacock restaurantleisure centredrawing roomwedding venuebar foodbeautiful hotelsteam roomfamily rooman overnight staydublin cityfollowing morningstayed here for one nightfull irish breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Recently stayed here with my hubby and two young children. Very accessible hotel, ideally located outside Dublin. Family room very spacious and well decorated. Also had a fridge which can be a useful for babies bottles/drinks etc. Receptionist not up for much conversation but household staff, bar and restaurant staff and leisure centre staff all very friendly and approachable. Food was beautiful in the bar. overall a fantastic stay, would highly recommend this hotel for families, looking forward to returning!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank H C
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I attended a wedding in Finnstown House on the night of June 1st, and was a resident of the hotel. The next day, my mother-in-law asked would I get her a glass of water to take pills with. I waited a few minutes at the bar, and then two girls came out, one in a bar uniform, and one in a housekeeping uniform. I asked could I just have a pint of tap water and the bar girl said she'd go get someone to get it for me, which seemed odd as it was only tap water.
Meanwhile, the girl in the housekeeping uniform (who was very unprofessionally chewing gum the whole time with her mouth open) nodded at me, went and got a glass, filled it with ice, went to the tap and filled the glass with water. She came over to me, put two straws in the glass. I held my hand out and said "Thanks", and she stared me right in the eyes, took a big drink out of the glass, and went "aaah", then walked off with the water, smiling to herself.
I was tempted to ask for a manager and complain, but as it was a family wedding on my husband's side, I decided not to say anything, but it is the weirdest, most bizzare thing I have ever witnessed, and I personally would want to know immediately if any of my employees were taunting and mocking customers in such a way.
I don't even know where to start to be honest because it was just really REALLY weird. Chewing gum and having housekeeping staff drinking behind the bar would already be unacceptable in most hotels, even without the weird rude way she then acted.

I wasn't going to complain because it was my husband's family hosting the wedding, but we decided not to stay another night in the hotel because of this incident, and I know that if my staff acted in a way that actively drove customers out of the building, I would absolutely want to know, HOWEVER I contacted the staff at Finnstown weeks ago, and apart from asking for contact details, I have been ignored.

It was a decidedly average hotel apart from the poor service. It's a nice enough building and grounds but the decor is poor and the food was not very good. I know it's hard to cater for a lot of people at a wedding, but the bar food and breakfast were only alright too. Overall I would have said it was "Okay" but this incident and their lack of caring about it are just awful examples of customer service.

Room Tip: Rooms in other hotels are better.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank 243Confused
BarryMaher, Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your complaint, I wish to apologise most sincerly for the poor level of service you received. Our Bar Manager has asked me to also add his apologies to this reply. I wish to ensure you that corrective action has been taken. We strive to offer a friendly efficient service in comfortable surroundings.
We like to handle all complaints directly and speak with you personally to resolve your complaints this is why we had requested your contact details. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me personally at the Hotel.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

This was a hidden gem with old time charm at an amazing price! It had nice amenities as well and decent service. The hotel was conveniently located 20 min from dublin airport. i would definitely stay there again and Highly recommend it to anyone traveling to or from Dublin that wants a quiet location and a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Finnstown Country House Hotel is in an excellent location & has stunning gardens & grounds, relaxation areas & a Bus stop @ front Gate that travels to city centre. We were given a room which was of very low standards, room was damp, dirty, we had asked for a room with king bed, when we contacted reception we were given a Beautiful room in the House. king Bed, air conditioning etc, We could not understand why we were given such a poor room in the 1st place!! But overall staff were helpful & friendly. Very relaxed environment.
Would recommend if you are looking for hotel out of busy city,

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We took our three boys here for a wee mid week break away. They loved it. The staff couldn't be any more helpful. They informed us of local parks and attractions to take our three boys and help with directions. Food at the hotel was really lovely and nicely presented. Breakfast was suburb everything you could possibly want was on offer and nothing was too much trouble for the very friendly staff. Family room was quite spacious which is always a bonus when staying with children and they can move around and play a game in he evening. I most certainly will be returning and have and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family