“Wonderful service”

Finnstown Castle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lucan
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. I had booked, (or at least thought I booked) an overnight stay for NYE 2013. However, upon arrival, I was told that unfortunately that I had made a booking for the wrong year. it was completely my fault, but the staff at the front desk even apologised for my error. After 3 minutes of thinking I had spoiled New Years for myself and my boyfriend, Ashling at the reception, was able to find another room and set us up immediately at the same rates that I booked for online. The room was beautiful, staff so welcoming and friendly, hotel cosy and comfortable and breakfast was delicious. All in all, what could have been a disaster was turned into the best NYE I had in a long time, and I have to thank Ashling for her help with that. I have recommended the hotel to everyone I know and will definitely be back in the future. Thank you so much to Ashling and all the staff for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
FinnstownHotel, Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Ciara1511,

Thank you for your fabulous review and kind words following your recent stay with us at Finnstown Country House Hotel.

I am delighted & also very proud that our team were able to assist you from the moment you arrived at the hotel.

It is a real pleasure to read that we impressed you so much & that you thought so highly of us and our service. I will certainly pass your comments on to all the team for them to enjoy, Aisling in particular.

Guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel so thank you again for your most positive comments & for taking the time to post your review.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,
Terry O’ Brien

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here recently with a group for a wedding. Hotel is amazing and food is too quality. Rooms have an old theme but are of high quality. Beds are comfortable and breakfast is a buffet

However the only down point was the hotel trying to over charge guests on check out

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
FinnstownHotel, Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Woodseyb,

Thank you for your review & kind words following your stay with us at Finnstown Country House Hotel.

We do appreciate such positive feedback. However, I am awfully sorry to hear that you felt the hotel was trying to overcharge guests upon check out. This is most certainly not standard practice here at Finnstown. I do trust this matter was sorted upon check out?
However, if you can advise me of the finer details, such as name & date of reservation I will look into this further and see where the error or misunderstanding was. You can contact me on 01-6010700 or terry@finnstown-hotel.ie

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel & thanks again for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

Best,
Terry O' Brien

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I will start with saying it is a beautiful hotel.We booked for new years eve in august for 13 people.when we got there we were told we could not book in so we had to wait two hours before they said they did not have enough rooms for us so they sent us to another hotel which we had to wait another hour and a half .So when we decided to have something to eat there was no food being served so we had KFC in our rooms.This is not what we wonted for our new years eve.This is the first time in ten years of going out on new years eve we had such a bad time and when we complained the manger vera was very nice but we were dealing with terry who could not be bothered so my uncle with picks had a very bad night and custumer care makes a hotel but one or two just dont care what they have spoiled or the way they deal with people

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael F
FinnstownHotel, Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and for also corresponding with me directly.

It was regrettable that we could not accommodate your group at our beautiful hotel on December 31st . However, we did feel it was best to offer alternative accommodation to the entire family in order keep you together rather than separate you on this special night.

The outbooking of guests is most certainly not something we do by choice here at Finnstown Country House Hotel - unfortunately circumstances made this necessary on the day in question.

I was most surprised but disappointed to read about your experience in the neighboring hotel. Unfortunately I cannot control what takes place in another property. However, as discussed I am happy to learn that the management have been in touch with you to address this.

At Finnstown Country House Hotel we do pride ourselves on customer care and as a team we strive to offer each guest the traditional Irish Hotel experience offering a warm and personal welcome. I am disappointed to hear that you felt otherwise.

We do feel that we did offer the best solution and acted as best possible to accommodate your group on this particular occasion. However, should you wish to discuss this matter further please do not hesitate to contact me on 01-6010700 or via email directly on terry@finnstown-hotel.ie

Once again thank you for your feedback and subsequent time.

Warm Regards
Terry O' Brien

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We attended a wedding over Chrismas period and it was a beautiful venue for a winter wedding.
There were huge fires lighting in various areas which added to the romance of the day. I had spyed people having the good old fashioned afternoon tea in the drawing room (the 3 tier cake holders) and was delighted when we went into our welcome reception to find afternoon tea on all the tables (the tiny crustless sandwiches, mini vol au vents, macaroons etc).
Food was excellent, as was our room. We travelled from Cork, so needed an earlyish check in - this was no problem, even considering the hangerson from the previous day's wedding, rooms were quickly turned around after their check outs.
Our receptionist told us to go through door, up steps and down steps to the basement...I though oh crap - a dark room, but it was a lovely surprise to find it was actually ground floor and behind curtain was a sun room/sitting area (too cold to uses & not enough time!)
All in all, it was a great day/night and morning, thanks to the staff at Finnstown House.
If it's a peace and quiet you're looking for - grab the chance to visit

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I spent an evening at this hotel over the Xmas period. I have been there many times before and always enjoy it. The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is always nice and relaxing. Looking forward to my next night out there on my next visit to Dublin.

Room Tip: I didn't stay at the hotel just an evening out with friends.
Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We went here for a family meal, to celebrate my Mum's 85th Birthday, a while back. There were 14 of us and we were looked after very well. The staff were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. The choice on the menu was excellent and the food was delicious. They have a beautiful dining room and it adds to the ambience. There was no rush in us finishing and when we did, we all retired to one of the reading rooms, where we had a drink and were able to while away some time, catching up with relatives. My mum enjoyed her experience so much that we have brought her back again.

I would highly recommend the hotel and it's restaurant. It has so many nooks and crannies where you can have a quiet drink and a bite to eat in the bar, if you so desire. It is a beautiful manor house with open fires and lots of atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2013

A car is a must as the hotel is not really near anywhere else but the hotel takes care of all of your needs for a short trip.

I stayed in the annex where the rooms are quite modern so I cannot vouch for the rooms in the main hotel

The evening meal was very good and the full Irish breakfast even better. A great alternative is the Arbroath Smokie. Staff areattentive and friendly

Spa/ fitness centre looked good but I did not use there facilities

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Merlinthemage
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucan
Lucan Spa Hotel
#3 of 7 in Clondalkin
Castleknock Hotel
Castleknock Hotel
#1 of 3 in Castleknock

Been to Finnstown Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!