“wow!”

Finnstown Castle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lucan
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Just back from 2 night stay with my husband. The staff were so helpful and friendly. The food was fantastic we ate in the peacock restaurant and it was the best meal I have had in a long time. Breakfast on both morning was delicious and great portion size. The bar is really cosy and welcoming. I will definitely return. A great location shart drive into the city and yet so peaceful.
Only downfall is leisure centre while the staff are friendly the pool warm the facility is tired,dated in all though i will be returning.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
FinnstownHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear delta816,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us at Finnstown Country House Hotel.

It was a delight to read that you enjoyed your stay & it was a pleasure to have you with us.

We do have some exciting plans for the Leisure Centre for 2014 so hopefully you will experience this first hand upon your return to the hotel.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Finnstown in the future.

Terry O’ Brien

Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I am just back from a 2 night stay at this hotel with my boyfriend. We have never felt so at home in a hotel! The service was excellent, particularly at breakfast as the staff were chatty and interested in our plans for the day. The room was cosy and comfortable. We used the gym and pool twice and were very impressed. The lounge area is lovely for a few drinks at night. The breakfast was brilliant, we didn't even need to have lunch as we were so full from the breakfast. Despite not being in central Dublin, the bus stop is just outside the hotel grounds which were also beautiful. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Lower ground floor was lovely.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Clarie1231994,

I will certainly pass on your comments for all the team to enjoy.

We have tried to create a private paradise here at Finnstown, a feeling of home from home, providing an excellent base for shopping and sight -seeing or for some good old fashioned rest & relaxation.

Thanks again for taking the time to post such a positive review & I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This review is very late in coming but I promised myself that I would write one after myself and my now wife had our wedding reception held in Finnstown in October of last year. We had looked at a number of possible venues around Dublin before we settled on Finnstown. Our main priorities for the picking a venue were the hotel itself, food and staff.

Hotel: The second we pulled up to Finnstown I was already beginning to be sold on the place. The grounds are idyllic and immaculately maintained. The main hotel building itself holds a unique charm that you just cannot get with the big modern day franchised hotels. The wedding reception hall was just what we needed (we had circa 170 guest and all fitted comfortably) and on the day was laid out beautifully. Guest bedrooms are spacious, modern (I think the rooms were upgraded in recent years) and comfortable.

Food: We like to consider ourselves big foodies so the meal was very important to us. People we spoke to who had attended weddings here before had all commented that the meal was fantastic so our expectations were high. We were not disappointed and indeed we have received a myriad of favourable comments from our own wedding guest about the meal.

Staff: Firstly we would like to say thank you to Miro and all the staff at Finnstown. I have previously worked in the hotel industry so would like to think I’ve a good idea of what good service is. Also I’ve been to other weddings where the venue, meal etc. are brilliant but the staff don’t deliver which can give people a negative feeling and inevitably this is what they remember. Not an issue at Finnstown. All the management in Finnstown are complete professionals and the staff well trained and organised. Miro our wedding co-ordinator was ever present to our needs on the day. Also Miro and Silvano were very courteous and helpful when dealing with us leading up to the wedding day.

To conclude, I would highly recommend Finnstown Country House as a wedding venue. As I said at the start of this review we had looked at a number of other venues around Dublin, some considerably more expensive than Finnstown but I don’t think any of them could tick all the boxes like Finnstown house did.

Many thanks,
Sean and Audrey

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SR00N

Dear Sean & Audrey,

Thank you for such a wonderful review & for taking the time to share your experience with us all.

Firstly, Congratulations to you both & I do hope married life is treating you well.

With our stunning mature grounds, unique charm, excellent food & hospitality we believe our Hotel has about everything you could want for that very special Wedding day.

We have a well earned reputation for exquisite food & service & I am glad this was experienced by all your guests on the day in question. Our Head Chef and his team will be thrilled that they exceed your high expectations.

At Finnstown Country House Hotel we do pride ourselves on Customer Care and as a Team we strive to provide the traditional Irish Hotel experience, offering each guest a warm and personal welcome. Our staff are the heart of the operation at the hotel & I will be sure to pass on your review for all the team to enjoy, especially Miro & Silvano.

At Finnstown we believe that ‘Happily Ever After’ isn’t just for fairytales & do our very best to help in creating that once off magical day for you.

Thank you kindly from all the Finnstown Family & we look forward to welcoming you back for your 1st Anniversary stay with us.

Warm Regards,
Terry

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Had a mid week break here with a voucher and was very impressed with the hotel. The staff on reception were excellent in their customer service. The room was a good size and very comfortable and warm. Breakfast was also good and we ate evening meals both nights in the hotel which was of a high standard. Didn't want to leave the hotel at night as it was so cosy and relaxing sitting on great comfy settees beside roaring fires. The grounds were lovely, we didnt use the pool but it looked nice, though small.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
FinnstownHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear bcklNorthernIreland,

Thank you for your review & kind words following your stay with us here at Finnstown Country House Hotel. It was a real pleasure to read.

We do believe once you’ve experienced our charm, you will never want to leave!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. I had booked, (or at least thought I booked) an overnight stay for NYE 2013. However, upon arrival, I was told that unfortunately that I had made a booking for the wrong year. it was completely my fault, but the staff at the front desk even apologised for my error. After 3 minutes of thinking I had spoiled New Years for myself and my boyfriend, Ashling at the reception, was able to find another room and set us up immediately at the same rates that I booked for online. The room was beautiful, staff so welcoming and friendly, hotel cosy and comfortable and breakfast was delicious. All in all, what could have been a disaster was turned into the best NYE I had in a long time, and I have to thank Ashling for her help with that. I have recommended the hotel to everyone I know and will definitely be back in the future. Thank you so much to Ashling and all the staff for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
FinnstownHotel, Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Ciara1511,

Thank you for your fabulous review and kind words following your recent stay with us at Finnstown Country House Hotel.

I am delighted & also very proud that our team were able to assist you from the moment you arrived at the hotel.

It is a real pleasure to read that we impressed you so much & that you thought so highly of us and our service. I will certainly pass your comments on to all the team for them to enjoy, Aisling in particular.

Guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel so thank you again for your most positive comments & for taking the time to post your review.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here recently with a group for a wedding. Hotel is amazing and food is too quality. Rooms have an old theme but are of high quality. Beds are comfortable and breakfast is a buffet

However the only down point was the hotel trying to over charge guests on check out

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
FinnstownHotel, Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Woodseyb,

Thank you for your review & kind words following your stay with us at Finnstown Country House Hotel.

We do appreciate such positive feedback. However, I am awfully sorry to hear that you felt the hotel was trying to overcharge guests upon check out. This is most certainly not standard practice here at Finnstown. I do trust this matter was sorted upon check out?
However, if you can advise me of the finer details, such as name & date of reservation I will look into this further and see where the error or misunderstanding was. You can contact me on 01-6010700 or terry@finnstown-hotel.ie

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel & thanks again for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

Terry O' Brien

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I will start with saying it is a beautiful hotel.We booked for new years eve in august for 13 people.when we got there we were told we could not book in so we had to wait two hours before they said they did not have enough rooms for us so they sent us to another hotel which we had to wait another hour and a half .So when we decided to have something to eat there was no food being served so we had KFC in our rooms.This is not what we wonted for our new years eve.This is the first time in ten years of going out on new years eve we had such a bad time and when we complained the manger vera was very nice but we were dealing with terry who could not be bothered so my uncle with picks had a very bad night and custumer care makes a hotel but one or two just dont care what they have spoiled or the way they deal with people

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael F
FinnstownHotel, Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and for also corresponding with me directly.

It was regrettable that we could not accommodate your group at our beautiful hotel on December 31st . However, we did feel it was best to offer alternative accommodation to the entire family in order keep you together rather than separate you on this special night.

The outbooking of guests is most certainly not something we do by choice here at Finnstown Country House Hotel - unfortunately circumstances made this necessary on the day in question.

I was most surprised but disappointed to read about your experience in the neighboring hotel. Unfortunately I cannot control what takes place in another property. However, as discussed I am happy to learn that the management have been in touch with you to address this.

At Finnstown Country House Hotel we do pride ourselves on customer care and as a team we strive to offer each guest the traditional Irish Hotel experience offering a warm and personal welcome. I am disappointed to hear that you felt otherwise.

We do feel that we did offer the best solution and acted as best possible to accommodate your group on this particular occasion. However, should you wish to discuss this matter further please do not hesitate to contact me on 01-6010700 or via email directly on terry@finnstown-hotel.ie

Once again thank you for your feedback and subsequent time.

Warm Regards
Terry O' Brien

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucan
Lucan Spa Hotel
Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley
Louis Fitzgerald Hotel
Louis Fitzgerald Hotel
#2 of 7 in Clondalkin

Been to Finnstown Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!