Finnstown Castle Hotel
  • Pool
Castleknock Hotel(Castleknock)(Great Value!)
US$285
US$264
Aspect Hotel Parkwest(Clondalkin)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$129
CrownePlaza.com
Palmerstown Lodge(Palmerstown)
1,073 results
All reviewsmain buildinggarden suitelong drivewaycountry housepeacock restaurantleisure centredrawing roomwedding venuebar foodbeautiful hotelsteam roomfamily rooman overnight staydublin cityfollowing morningstayed here for one nightfull irish breakfast
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Only about 30 minutes by car from the airport. Good food. Rooms quite modern. Rest of setting a little dated. Suitable venue for meetings - reasonable service as part of day rate. Fitness centre and pool.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
FinnstownHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thanks for posting your review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Best,
Terry

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I enjoyed two evenings in the main building at the Finnstown Country House Hotel recently. The room was large, nicely appointed, immaculate and offered all the needed amenities. The lobby and lounges were lovely. Great service overall but for breakfast. The offerings were good and ample but each morning I arrived fifteen minutes or more after the noted opening hour for breakfast, to find that hot items were not yet available. I did enjoy a catered meal during my stay, which was excellent! The only misstep was the breakfast delay. For my stay in the main building and the helpful, personable staff, I give it high marks!

Room Tip: I highly recommend booking rooms in the main building, where the lounges and restaurants are located. I would have been far less pleased had I been in another building, needing to walk to it for meals, pub, festivities!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear DEFoodLover,

It gives me great pleasure to read such lovely review & it's always nice to see that our efforts don't go unnoticed.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and hopefully we can welcome you back to Finnstown upon your return to Dublin.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Felt like Royalty driving through the gates, made to feel most welcome and enjoyed every moment of our stay. 8 friends together and we all had a great time, ate in hotel both nights and food superb. Room in Annex was massive and very comfortable, location wonderful for local area and easy access to Dublin, will definitely be back at Finnstown!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
FinnstownHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

PhilipWright777, What a wonderful review.

Thank you kindly from all the team for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to Finnstown in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

What a surprise weekend I've just spend . Literally my family had bookedy husband in for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary.

From the moment we arrived we were made feel so special and all our needs catered for big and small .

Our meal was so tasty and the portions left me full to the brim!!

After a restful night we walked through the grounds after breakfast and could not believe we were actually so close to Dublin City.

Let's hope our family will remember all our special occasions .

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaursLaoisIreland
FinnstownHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear MaursLaoisIreland,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your surprise weekend with us at Finnstown and thank you for posting your review.

It’s lovely to read that we made you made you feel so special.

It was a pleasure to have you as a guest at Finnstown and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Party of 4 arrived draging our bags into the reception area only to be told that the accomodations were accross the parking lot from where we had just come. The receptionist told us to walk back and find our rooms. We had no idea where the entrance way was located and when we got there we found 1 room on the first floor and the other on the second floor. There was not elevator and were forced to lug the baggage upstairs. The room was clean but very dated and the shower hardly worked and in fact would not shut off in the morning. When I called the front desk about I was told that no one would be available to take care of it until later in the morning. The shower ran all night.
The hallway in the upstairs had a pull down attic with a ladder coming down in the middle of the hall where it stayed all night and into the morning that you had to move around when walking to and from your room. The guest service book you have needs to be updated, as many of the services they offer are no longer being offered or have been discontinued. They offer a take away breakfast for those who check out early and we found that they no longer do that when we checked out the night before for our early morning flight.
The picture you see in their add is the Country House, and not in anyway the look of the dorm you will be staying.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends