“a big dissapointment”

Finnstown Castle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lucan
Reviewed 17 April 2014

when we arrived at the hotel it looked so lovely .i was so looking for ward to staying there only to find out not so . has our room was in a out side building near it wen we got to it only to find lots of building work going on it was like a bomb site.lots of dust every were on the stairs that we had to use every day.black bin bags put up that didnt do there job trying to keep the dust down.not good for my partner she is very asthmatic .we werent told of this either by email or wen we a rived . we at to point this out to them at the desk .only to be told we could have a smaller room which we did not want.we should of never been put there in the first place i didnt pay a lot of money to stay on a building site. why couldnt they have been more honest it spolit our holiday wont stay there a gain

Room Tip: room would of been lovely and quieter if not for the building work going on got woke up at 8 every m...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank clarymunslow987chels
FinnstownHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and advising us on the details of your recent stay with us. We do appreciate all guest reviews and feedback.

I am awfully sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us at Finnstown Country House Hotel.

We are currently in the final phase of renovating some of our bedrooms. I do apologise that you were not advised of this upon check in & that these works impacted on your stay.

If you could contact me directly at the hotel we could discuss further. I would be delighted to have the opportunity for you to return to the hotel & experience the final results of our works here at Finnstown, which I do believe you will be extremely satisfied with.

Kind regards,
Terry O’ Brien

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

If you like a bit of character and not a chain hotel stay here.

Rooms are a bit dated and worn but have character.

Bar area is lovely and the food is good too, tried the restaurant but food tasted warmed up and was more expensive than the cooked to order bar food.

This was my third stay here and I'd told my Dad about the ice cooked to order breakfast only to find they have no swapped to buffet style. Although I was told only on our 2nd morning that I could get porridge or poached egg to order.

They have moved reception near the front which is more convenient but less opulent an area and not as nice a first impression.

Would go back as I'm not a fan of chain hotels as I travel a lot and like to have variety.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank suzanneb933

Hi Suzanneb933,

It was great to welcome you back to the hotel again & I am very happy to see that you had another enjoyable stay with us.

I do hope to see you back again at Finnstown in the not too distant future.

Warn regards,

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Only about 30 minutes by car from the airport. Good food. Rooms quite modern. Rest of setting a little dated. Suitable venue for meetings - reasonable service as part of day rate. Fitness centre and pool.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thanks for posting your review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Best,
Terry

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I enjoyed two evenings in the main building at the Finnstown Country House Hotel recently. The room was large, nicely appointed, immaculate and offered all the needed amenities. The lobby and lounges were lovely. Great service overall but for breakfast. The offerings were good and ample but each morning I arrived fifteen minutes or more after the noted opening hour for breakfast, to find that hot items were not yet available. I did enjoy a catered meal during my stay, which was excellent! The only misstep was the breakfast delay. For my stay in the main building and the helpful, personable staff, I give it high marks!

Room Tip: I highly recommend booking rooms in the main building, where the lounges and restaurants are located...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear DEFoodLover,

It gives me great pleasure to read such lovely review & it's always nice to see that our efforts don't go unnoticed.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and hopefully we can welcome you back to Finnstown upon your return to Dublin.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Felt like Royalty driving through the gates, made to feel most welcome and enjoyed every moment of our stay. 8 friends together and we all had a great time, ate in hotel both nights and food superb. Room in Annex was massive and very comfortable, location wonderful for local area and easy access to Dublin, will definitely be back at Finnstown!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
FinnstownHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

PhilipWright777, What a wonderful review.

Thank you kindly from all the team for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to Finnstown in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

What a surprise weekend I've just spend . Literally my family had bookedy husband in for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary.

From the moment we arrived we were made feel so special and all our needs catered for big and small .

Our meal was so tasty and the portions left me full to the brim!!

After a restful night we walked through the grounds after breakfast and could not believe we were actually so close to Dublin City.

Let's hope our family will remember all our special occasions .

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaursLaoisIreland
FinnstownHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear MaursLaoisIreland,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your surprise weekend with us at Finnstown and thank you for posting your review.

It’s lovely to read that we made you made you feel so special.

It was a pleasure to have you as a guest at Finnstown and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Party of 4 arrived draging our bags into the reception area only to be told that the accomodations were accross the parking lot from where we had just come. The receptionist told us to walk back and find our rooms. We had no idea where the entrance way was located and when we got there we found 1 room on the first floor and the other on the second floor. There was not elevator and were forced to lug the baggage upstairs. The room was clean but very dated and the shower hardly worked and in fact would not shut off in the morning. When I called the front desk about I was told that no one would be available to take care of it until later in the morning. The shower ran all night.
The hallway in the upstairs had a pull down attic with a ladder coming down in the middle of the hall where it stayed all night and into the morning that you had to move around when walking to and from your room. The guest service book you have needs to be updated, as many of the services they offer are no longer being offered or have been discontinued. They offer a take away breakfast for those who check out early and we found that they no longer do that when we checked out the night before for our early morning flight.
The picture you see in their add is the Country House, and not in anyway the look of the dorm you will be staying.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank tommy45467
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucan
Lucan Spa Hotel
Springfield Hotel
Springfield Hotel
#1 of 4 in Leixlip
Maldron Hotel Newlands Cross

Been to Finnstown Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!