“Top food and great craic...”

Finnstown Castle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lucan
Reviewed 2 February 2011

This is my first time to comment on a restaurant or hotel ( so bear with me ) but we felt we had to after our visit to the restaurant in Finnstown House Hotel. My husband and I had not made a booking as we initially went to try the bar food but after looking at the restaurant menu we decided to enquire. A lovely lady Irena met us in the restaurant and happily prepared a table for us, some people may have a problem with foreign staff but I think this lady may have worked in a top hotel before ( very courteous ) .

Firstly the menu is varied and very affordable something really for everyone, I am not a drinker but there was no problem with my husband getting a drink from the bar. The starter and main course where surprisingly nice and we had tea & coffee to follow, there was quite a buzz in the restaurant and the staff kept us entertained ( especially Frank! A scream ) and well looked after.

We would highly recommend a visit and will plan to come again.

1  Thank dh37
FinnstownHouseHotel, General Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2011

Dear dh37,
Thank you for taking the time to review Finnstown House Hotel. I was delighted to hear of your experience in our Peacock Restaurant, we are very proud of the standard of food and service we deliver in our outlets and we are lucky enough to have great staff such as Irena and Frank who work very hard to help every guest have a memorable experience. Both staff members were very happy to see their hard work did not go unnoticed and the review has really given them a huge boost.

I am glad you found the selection and pricing on the menu to be good as we have recently changed our menu with both these factors in mind, we love all feedback on this to help ourselves improve for the future and stay ahead of our competition.

I look foward to seeing you on your return where you could try out the rest of our facilities we have on offer.

Reviewed 24 January 2011

I went to Finnstown house with my boyfriend after being given a voucher as a Christmas present. Having read some quite negative reviews I was rather dubious about our impending one nights stay but I must say I was very pleasantly surprised! The house is stunning and the staff are very friendly. The bedroom was situated in the main house and even though this hotel is classified as a three star, it was of four star quality.
We didn't have dinner here but the breakfast was top class and service was excellent and served with a smile!
The only negative thing was that we couldn't have stayed for longer!
I would definitely recommend Finnstown house to anyone. It would particularly suit those looking for a relaxing and/or romantic break.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
FinnstownHouseHotel, General Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

Dear trish9235,
Thank you for taking the time to review Finnstown Country House Hotel. I was very pleased we were able to exceed your expectations. The hotel did go under a refurbishment just over 3 years ago which seen all the bedrooms modernised with new bathrooms, air conditioning, flat screen tv's, wireless internet and new bedroom furnishings. I hope to welcome you back again in the future when you might get an opportunity to try our AA Rosette award winning Peacock Restaurant.

Reviewed 23 January 2011

Stayed in a Golf suite room with our dog which would also be ideal for families. Lovely country house feel to the place with really pleasant staff. Food is good and customer service excellent. We'll come back here again - our dog loved it!

Dear NickerDublin,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Finnstown Country House Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. At Finnstown we take pride in the service and products we provide to our guests. We do consider ourselves to be a bit of a hidden gem in the South Dublin area and hope you let everyone know about your stay. I look foward to welcoming you back to Finnstown in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2011

Stayed here on a city deal break for great value. It is a lovely, clean hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful. Food in the bar was really tasty and good value. The pool is a bit outdated but overall a nice, realxing break.

Reviewed 17 January 2011

We stayed here on a city deal rate and were delighted with our one night stay. Great room with two king sized beds (2 adults and 2 children). Bar food, service and atmosphere were all great. Lovely relaxing evening spent there. Breakfast was really nice with friendly service. Pool is small and a bit dated but perfect for children. Would def recommend to others.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Dear kaci,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Finnstown Country House Hotel. Myself and my staff were delighted reading your review of our property. We are constantly trying to improve our product and offerings, it gives all of us a real boost to hear such positive feedback. I hope to see you again on your return

Reviewed 13 January 2011

Myself and my girlfriend had a wonderful stay and were upgraded for free! Lovely surroundings, great bar and fantastic room. Thoroughly recommend!

Dear manx186233,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at finnstown Country House Hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and got a chance to use our other facilities availbale here. Our staff work extremely hard to make sure each guest is made to feel welcome and leaves feeling relaxed. I am glad this has not gone unnoticed and hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed 11 January 2011

After hearing about Finnstown House from friends who attended a wedding there we decided to go for Sunday lunch. Firstly I have to say the grounds of the hotel are beautiful and believe it or not they actually have real peacocks wandering around!.

The Hotel itself I have to say seemed clean and the staff in the bar very friendly indeed, the bar does seem to be very popular but spacious enough to accomodate all. Our dinner was at two and we were greeted by a very friendly waitress who brought us to our table and gave us our menus.

Our waitress was either Polish or Russian but spoke excellent English and really did know her wines and food. The food itself was brought in a timely manner and I give all credit to the chef as picky as we are it was very good. Our waitress looked after us from the point we entered the restaurant to the point we left and again top marks to all concerned.

We would highly recommend dining in the restaurant and possibly staying in the hotel as it did look quite busy on Sunday which is a very good sign indeed , a wonderful experience from start to finish.

1  Thank GillardC
FinnstownHouseHotel, General Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2011

Dear GillardC,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience in our Peacock Restaurant. I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience. We pride ourselves on the quality of our food and friendliness of our staff who work very hard to make sure every guest leaves happy.

I hope you do take the opportunity to stay in one of our bedrooms and sample what else Finnstown has to offer

Barry Maher

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucan
Lucan Spa Hotel
#3 of 7 in Clondalkin
Castleknock Hotel
Castleknock Hotel
#1 of 3 in Castleknock

Been to Finnstown Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!