Lucan Spa Hotel
  • Pool
Castleknock Hotel(Castleknock)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$203
Aspect Hotel Parkwest(Clondalkin)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$92
US$92
US$215
US$200
Priceline
Palmerstown Lodge(Palmerstown)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswedding venueovernight stayvery pleasant staybit datedbed and breakfastshort staystayed nightsdublin city centre
Reviewed 5 May 2014

When I made the booking at this hotel I was given a better offer with the condition to cancel the booking that I made with a booking site. I was offered a price and when I paid, I was charged a different price, but only noticed at home.

We had 3 rooms booked and in one room the heating was not working. We asked for help, and was told that they will take care of it, but nothing happened. Also in one other room there was a dripping sound in one of the walls, and we told that to the reception but again we were left just with promises.

The night porter was an extremely rude person towards both the guest staying in the hotel, but also with the persons who brought the persons over after a concert.

The conclusion is that we were left with a general bad impression of this hotel and we won't be returning there.

Room Tip: If you want silence, then ask for a room opposite to the street (motorway).
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
thelucanspahotel, Manager at Lucan Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Puidemorosan,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor. Reviews are very important to us and allow us to improve our product and service for future guests.

I am disappointed to read you did not enjoy your experience at the hotel and I would like to discuss this in greater detail. If you wish to email me at colganu@lucanspahotel.ie, I would be eager to speak to you.

Thank you once again for choosing The Lucan Spa Hotel. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have just spent 2 weeks on business in Dublin and found this hotel ticked all the right boxes for price and convenience. Prices were very reasonable and my room was comfortable and clean.
I ate at the hotel every night and whilst the bar menu was typical fayre, it was also very enjoyable and good size portions.
If I need to go to Dublin again, the Lucan Spa will be the first hotel I would call.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kevin T,

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your kind comments to our team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Had seen lunch special advertised in a local paper and decided to give it a try, on arrival table wasn't ready as they were quite busy so went to bar for a drink,like a throwback to the 70s smelly lounge that was very outdated,got our food which was awful ,dry roast beef ,dry chicken breast dry mash served out of a massive tray over your shoulder and tons of chips piled on top ...plenty of food but substandard quality,waiting staff were very nice but won't be back again...:( :( :(

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Paul K,

I am disappointed to read you did not enjoy your experience at the hotel. In the restaurant, we silver serve the vegetables and potatoes, and I am sorry you were uncomfortable with this method of service.

I would be delighted to discuss your stay in more detail. Please email me at colganu@lucanspahotel.ie

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband booked this hotel for us as we were attending a wedding nearby. He booked it on the internet so it was only on arrival that we realised the hotel was located right by the motorway. We stayed in a family room on the road side of the hotel. Even with all the windows shut and the secondary glazing, we could still hear the traffic so we didn't have great sleep. Also the room got very warm and stuffy so we all woke up hot and bothered. The next day we asked if we could move to a room facing away from the road. The receptionist gave us keys for two adjoining rooms (no other family rooms were available) to look at. We were surprised to find that these rooms were also facing the road so no better! We were also expecting a swimming pool/spa and very disappointed to hear that despite being called the Lucan Spa Hotel, there were actually no spa facilities or pool. This is clearly misleading. On a more positive note, our room was clean and the majority of the staff were friendly. However, when we returned to the hotel one evening after a day out, a male receptionist questioned whether we were residents in a rather rude manner. We didn't eat at the hotel except for breakfast which was rather poor in quality and choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HHarris0n
thelucanspahotel, Manager at Lucan Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear HHarris0n,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed to read you did not enjoy your stay.

I would like to discuss your stay in further detail and would appreciate it if you could email me at colganu@lucanspahotel.ie.

Ulick Colgan
Marketing Manager,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We live right by the Spa Hotel. We had a wonderful meal there last night in the restaurant.
Love the old style deco interior with crisp linen table cloths and napkins. Fabulous 4 course Spring Menu for €19.99. Great service, excellent food and a wonderful selection of vegetables. The owner is always present and checked that our meal was good at our table. The Spa is like stepping back in time and is a real gem. Well done to all.

Room Tip: We didn't stay. Meal in restaurant.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Trafdell,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your meal in The Hanora D' Restaurant.

Our Spring menu has been very popular and I am delighted you enjoyed the value and quality of the menu.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Marketing Manager,